• Jul 26th, 2009 4:07 pm
[OP]
Apr 4, 2007
264 posts
91 upvotes
Mississauga

[Sears] HOT: Bosch 24" Built-In Dishwasher -999$ from 1599$

http://www.sears.ca/gp/product/B000QWA6 ... =396508011

Stainless steel, high end evolution model with tons of cycle options.

Ordered it yesterday at the Sherway gardens location, going to pick it up next week.

EDIT:

1) 150$ off from Bosh on this model @ http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G ... 648470.pdf

2) 50$ off via sears coupon:

Sears Coupon Code: 941612265
Discount: $50 off $500
Coupon Expires: May 10th, 2009

3) Since it's a Energy Saver, there's no PST.

So total is $999 - $50 -$150 = $799 + GST = $838.95 TOTAL!!!

Installation + delivery is $189 (But I did not do get this)

After Haggling with them and threatening to return and rebuy the dishwasher, etc -> they gave me the 200$ discount

Threatening to cal sears customer service will get them moving if they give you trouble
206 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2005
1191 posts
23 upvotes
You can't go wrong with a Bosch dishwasher, they are fabulous. This is a good price!
Mar 10, 2004
377 posts
42 upvotes
Mississauga
Looks nice. CR rates it pretty highly

"CR's Take
Overall, this is a very good dishwasher that provides excellent wash performance and very good energy efficiency.

Highs
This model delivers excellent wash performance and provides very good energy efficiency and quiet operation.

Lows
Its cycle time is 135 minutes and longer than most. And at $900, this is an expensive dishwasher. The filter requires an occasional cleaning by hand."
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2003
1156 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
boo i thought they were gonna pay me $999 to buy it :(
Jul 12, 2004
53 posts
1 upvote
Wraith,
whatever you are smoking there my friend, it sure is working like a charm :D . Have a good one.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2004
1030 posts
18 upvotes
felix2000 wrote: Looks nice. CR rates it pretty highly

"CR's Take
Overall, this is a very good dishwasher that provides excellent wash performance and very good energy efficiency.

Highs
This model delivers excellent wash performance and provides very good energy efficiency and quiet operation.

Lows
Its cycle time is 135 minutes and longer than most. And at $900, this is an expensive dishwasher. The filter requires an occasional cleaning by hand."
I have a Bosch and have never used the full 135 cycle. There is a short cycle of about 25-30 minutes that cleans perfectly well. It's a very good machine, very quiet and well worth the money. Look at the cheap door catches on the Maytags, Kitchen Aids etc. If they break, the machine is useless. THat alone is reason enough to buy the Bosch.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2006
2181 posts
280 upvotes
Montreal
Amazing price. I have had a Bosch Evolution 300 for the last 2 months and the thing is amazing. Very quiet as well.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2003
2864 posts
25 upvotes
I have a Bosch with basically the same features except a couple of decibels louder, and it's already really quiet. This one must be silent!

I would be nice if it had a wash cycle that's about an hour. A regular or auto wash can be close to 2 hours, and the 30 min quick wash is a bit too quick (quick wash doesn't clean/dry as well; and doesn't sanitize if that's important to you).

Bosch's use condensation drying, which works well for everything except for plastics. Those come out a bit damp. Not a huge deal.

It cleans really well, even on dirty dishes that are 3 days old. There's no need to rinse anything.

I like how easy Bosch DW's are to install. The back leg can be adjusted from a screw in the front, so leveling is a breeze.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2006
2181 posts
280 upvotes
Montreal
Actually, the cycle length on the Bosch dishwashers can be cut down dramatically by lightly rinsing your dishes before you put them into the unit. Or even using the 5-7 minute "Rinse and Hold" option on the dishwasher itself.

When I first got it, I didn't rinse the dishes and found that the cycle time was a good two hours. Rinsing them now leads to an ~90 minute cycle since most of the Bosch dishwashers automatically adjust their cycle time based on how soiled your dishes are.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2004
2010 posts
753 upvotes
Nepean
I'm a little confused about all the different Bosch models available at sears. Is there anyway to compare their features?

That's quite a price drop. Now if they only had that model in white!
Wrocky
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2003
1608 posts
144 upvotes
Hampton
Lowes also sell Bosch by the way - not sure how their pricing compares to Sears but it may be worth checking if you have a store near you.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21264 posts
4372 upvotes
YUL
Save yourself $999. Get the wife/girlfriend to do the dishes.

/Close thread

:twisted:
RFD Staff
Jan 6, 2008
2700 posts
4618 upvotes
Toronto
Posted, thanks! Looks like a great deal.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2003
2864 posts
25 upvotes
SKYMTL wrote: Actually, the cycle length on the Bosch dishwashers can be cut down dramatically by lightly rinsing your dishes before you put them into the unit. Or even using the 5-7 minute "Rinse and Hold" option on the dishwasher itself.

When I first got it, I didn't rinse the dishes and found that the cycle time was a good two hours. Rinsing them now leads to an ~90 minute cycle since most of the Bosch dishwashers automatically adjust their cycle time based on how soiled your dishes are.
Unfortunately many Bosch's don't have rinse n' hold. I have no idea why. I don't rinse in the sink because if I'm going to do that, it feels like I might as well just wash them by hand. It's also fun to try to push the dishwasher to its limits and see what nasty stuff it can wash off. :D It seems like the Bosch can clean almost anything. And it's so quiet that I just run it before going to bed so the cycle time usually isn't an issue.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
1006 posts
20 upvotes
Ottawa
Hey OP.
Is this called the "Ascenta" series?
If so, there is a 100 instant rebate on it from Sears' website:
http://www.sears.ca/gp/node/n/16394271

Looks like a nice dishwasher. I may have to get it.

messerchmidt wrote: http://www.sears.ca/gp/product/B000QWA6 ... =396508011

Stainless steel, high end evolution model with tons of cycle options.

Ordered it yesterday at the Sherway gardens location, going to pick it up next week.

EDIT: not a sears exclusive, just a new model
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2006
2181 posts
280 upvotes
Montreal
I am beginning to think it is a typo.