Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Hot - Costco 65" Toshiba 65L7300UC $1549 w/ delivery

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2014 1:31 am
Tags:
None
Aug 8, 2009
425 posts
518 upvotes

Hot - Costco 65" Toshiba 65L7300UC $1549 w/ delivery

Looks like a great deal on a native 240hz panel that is well reviewed. Nothing 240hz even approaches $2k from Samy. Comes with keyboard etc. Only downside is no 3d but for those who are not interested in 3d it looks like a winner.
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
856 upvotes
zarfilg wrote: Looks like a great deal on a native 240hz panel that is well reviewed. Nothing 240hz even approaches $2k from Samy. Comes with keyboard etc. Only downside is no 3d but for those who are not interested in 3d it looks like a winner.
That's because Samsung 240Hz Smart TVs are all 3D. I don't think they released any regular 240Hz this year (err... 2013) so of course nothing around that price. The closest comparison would likely be the 6300 (which is Samsung's best non-3D). The 65" 6300 was on sale as cheap as $1399 @ NCIX during boxing week (and many other locations including Visions and BB/FS later in the week)... depending on brand preference, that might have been a better deal but too late now (think its 1700 now all over the place).

Personally i would prefer a Samsung 6300 over Toshiba's 7300 just due to brand/reliability of the brand.
Aug 8, 2009
425 posts
518 upvotes
What you save on delivery alone will almost pay for a costco 5 year warranty with this deal. And I don't know about you but for me I'd prefer a toshiba from Costco than buying an inferior panel from NCIX :)
Banned
Jan 20, 2013
685 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
Specs say it's a TFT panel not IPS. Strange I can't find any professional reviews on it.
Bill
Banned
Jan 20, 2013
685 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
Doesn't look too promising in the comments. It appears to be a 120Hz refresh but Toshiba marketing speak calls it 240
Can't confirm it not an IPS screen.
[QUOTE]You are right on the ClearScan 240. The Toshiba web site claims that the feature "doubles the screen refresh rate." So you are looking at a true 120Hz refresh rate on the TV. That's going to be pretty good anyway. The jump to 120 from 60 is more noticeable than 240 from 120.[/QUOTE]

PS does that site only have good reviews?
Bill
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
856 upvotes
zarfilg wrote: What you save on delivery alone will almost pay for a costco 5 year warranty with this deal. And I don't know about you but for me I'd prefer a toshiba from Costco than buying an inferior panel from NCIX :)
Guess you didn't read my entire post. It was $1400 @ NCIX then Visions and FS/BB later in the week... meaning NCIX had the price first and various places matched their price (Visions matched NCIX, BB/FS matching Visions 1 day later).

As far as inferior panel... on paper yes but higher tier brand. Toshiba isn't a top tier brand anymore (or even 2nd tier) so you do get what you pay for. I think most rate Toshiba a few tiers below Samsung/Sony/Sharp/LG/etc (again some might add or remove from their list). There's a reason their MSRP is lower for a 240Hz panel than other brands. Of course buying from Costco has its perks but even Costco has the 6300 on sale during boxing week ($1700 or lower, don't remember, didn't really pay attention to it).
Dec 18, 2011
487 posts
226 upvotes
Montreal
IF only there was a technology without the need for 120hz motion blur and that soap opera effect/camcorder effect.
Aug 8, 2009
425 posts
518 upvotes
elixer wrote: IF only there was a technology without the need for 120hz motion blur and that soap opera effect/camcorder effect.
100 % agree. Too bad I can't get a decent 65" plasma for that price, I wouldn't hesitate.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)