Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canadian Tire

HOT? CT Mastercraft 20V Drill Driver $49.93 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • May 31st, 2014 8:29 pm
Aug 29, 2013
848 posts
737 upvotes
Waterloo

[Canadian Tire] HOT? CT Mastercraft 20V Drill Driver $49.93 YMMV

Went in to local CT to pick up the Bosch Drill/Driver ($99 down from $199) for the father in-law for fathers day and noticed this at the end of the isle. Now I realize that this drill will not be as good as the Bosch and it only comes with 1 battery but it is a 20v and the kind folks at CT said that just for working around the house, this would be my best bang for my buck...

Same drill as the one in the link the best I can tell...cannot find the Limited Edition Dril/Driver drill with accessories on the website...

The sku on the receipt reads:

199-2778-6 MC20V90THDRILLW $49.93

3 Year Limited Warranty
3/8" performance grip overmould chuck
variable speed trigger switch
20 volt max (1.3ah) lithium-ion advantage
ac charging adapter - charges in 3 to 5 hours (which I know is a long time)
24 position torque clutch including full drill mode
Up to 115 in-lb of torque
90 piece accessory kit (19 drill bits, 36 1" screwdriver bits, 14 2" screwdriver bits, extension bit holder, 1/4" socket adapter, storage case)

What do you think? Is this worth keeping or should I spend the extra $50 for the Bosch?
4 replies
Feb 23, 2010
504 posts
236 upvotes
EDMONTON
One battery only? I would spend the extra $50 on the bosch. If you factor in the price of buying an extra battery, this deal gets colder vs the bosch. Imagine having to stop your project for half an hour because your one battery ran out?

That's also considering that the Bosch is just much more drill (if you ever have a need for drilling larger diameter holes or metal), and likely more reliable.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
4567 posts
3509 upvotes
Montreal
Well depends on how much you like your in law.

The stats is pretty sad, 20v drill that has only 1 speed at 600 rpm, yet only 115 in.lb of torque. Hell my 12v has over twice that. For my own use I'd spend the extra, but some people don't know/care the difference, which type is your FIL?
Aug 29, 2013
848 posts
737 upvotes
Waterloo
He will always choose the more expensive tools but to be honest will likely only use it once/twice a year to hang mirrors/pictures/curtains etc...The Li Ion battery as I understand it will hold a charge even if it sits unused for a prolonged period of time...not really concerned about the 1 battery thing because it's not as if he is going to be tackling huge jobs where he will need to run through battery after battery...
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
4567 posts
3509 upvotes
Montreal
glfrboy wrote: only use it once/twice a year to hang mirrors/pictures/curtains etc...T
If that's what he does the mastercraft is fine.