• Jan 9th, 2014 11:13 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 24, 2006
881 posts
45 upvotes

HOT DEAL - Canadian Dollar LOONIE ON SALE

wasn't sure whether to post this in the hot deal forum or here :lol: but it seems the loonie is turning into TOILET PAPER especially today down 1.13% in one day over a cent. Weird considering we are not printing as much as our friends down south.
39 replies
[OP]
Sep 24, 2006
881 posts
45 upvotes
it's funny how with carney strong, with poloz the loonie is more toilet paper than the USD and the US is printing alot. Goes to show how much the world likes (dislikes) the loonie.
[OP]
Sep 24, 2006
881 posts
45 upvotes
Poloz must have worked as a toilet paper salesman before becoming chairman of the bank of canada
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2006
1663 posts
489 upvotes
It's not a sale if I can get it cheaper a month from now on clearance.
[OP]
Sep 24, 2006
881 posts
45 upvotes
at the rate its going down I might be wiping my *** with 5 dollar bills in the next few weeks... :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
1359 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
It is due to the large Canadian trade balance deficit that was much larger than expected.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
8157 posts
2851 upvotes
Mississauga
Raise the interest rates!!!
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2001
4486 posts
58 upvotes
Calgary
Bad deal. Canadian loonies made 2012 and later are mostly iron (and are worth about 0.4 cents)

Side note: Canadian 5-cent nickels made before 1981 peaked out at a metal value of 23 cents back in the year 2007.
A US nickel is worth more than 5 cents.
[OP]
Sep 24, 2006
881 posts
45 upvotes
kenchau wrote: Raise the interest rates!!!
Poloz is too dumb to do that on his own. Carney at least had in the statements forward looking statements that rate would go up one day. Poloz wants Loonie to be toilet paper.
Banned
Feb 15, 2008
26318 posts
3217 upvotes
Calgary
BryceS wrote: It is due to the large Canadian trade balance deficit that was much larger than expected.
In the short term, yeah. Over the medium to longer term, once the housing bubble starts to really implode on itself, it will be very difficult to keep the CAD$ down.

I wouldn't view what's happening as anything but short-term cyclical weakness. And of course, a great buying opportunity in the CAD$, and a great shorting opportunity for USD$ stuff. Take out some loans in USD$, and pay them back with more valuable CAD$ in the not-so-distant future.
TodayHello wrote: ...The Banks are smarter than you - they have floors full of people whose job it is to read Mark77 posts...
[OP]
Sep 24, 2006
881 posts
45 upvotes
Mark77 this is directly against Goldman Sachs position (long USD short cad) do you know something they don't? =D