Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Hot deal on Eufy Floodlight Wired Outdoor 2K IP Camera $109

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2022 8:31 pm
59 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
4000 posts
6256 upvotes
i am sorry, but where is this deal? this is really hot indeed..

*edit*

looks like OP meant direct:
https://ca.eufy.com/products/t8424111-5 ... gift-guide

However.. someone has to make sure it is not a MISLABEL:

"1080p resolution is clear and detailed for a clear view and added security"

it might be the 1080P model with a wrong title.
Last edited by renegadeavenger on Dec 9th, 2022 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 4, 2004
10004 posts
2841 upvotes
Montreal
Not video clips...FACES from the camera.

You can disable it in the app (change it to TEXT notification only), then it won't upload them.

Whoops...you get what you pay for, cheap = bad customer service / no patches for their mistakes / no updates ever on the camera even when there is a security hole.
Last edited by yuprules on Dec 9th, 2022 12:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 29, 2002
5476 posts
2486 upvotes
Vancouver
the doorbell for 80 seems pretty good to
"You gotta spend money to save money"
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 4, 2004
10004 posts
2841 upvotes
Montreal
hesp wrote: the doorbell for 80 seems pretty good to
Just make sure you disable the THUMBNAIL notification :)
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
3997 posts
8809 upvotes
hesp wrote: the doorbell for 80 seems pretty good to
Thanks ended up grabbing one
Public Mobile customer
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
4000 posts
6256 upvotes
yuprules wrote: Just make sure you disable the THUMBNAIL notification :)
but are we sure that is all they capture?

Honestly there is a fact in life.. there is no 'free lunch', or nothing is actually 'free'. Data is always gathered these days, in exchange for what they call as 'free services'. How much data they capture, well.. I really don't know anymore.

For these cams for outdoor use, I guess who cares, but certainly I wouldn't use IP cams without sealing it off from external internet access for privacy concerns.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4113 posts
1634 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks OP, ordered. Seems like a no-brainer to replace the floodlight on the side of my house that faces the street (no privacy concerns). Was looking at Ring since we already have their doorbell, but the monthly fees were turning me off buying.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 4, 2004
10004 posts
2841 upvotes
Montreal
renegadeavenger wrote: but are we sure that is all they capture?

Honestly there is a fact in life.. there is no 'free lunch', or nothing is actually 'free'. Data is always gathered these days, in exchange for what they call as 'free services'. How much data they capture, well.. I really don't know anymore.

For these cams for outdoor use, I guess who cares, but certainly I wouldn't use IP cams without sealing it off from external internet access for privacy concerns.
I'd never install a camera indoors in my home....ANY BRAND, even a trusted one. I see all those videos of people's IP cameras in their bedrooms on YouTube/TikTok...like WTF.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1946 posts
1198 upvotes
Yes, the issue here is the misleading advertising, saying nothing is uploaded to the cloud.

The issue isn't that the photo is uploaded to the cloud, that's common for many other security systems like Waze to upload the thumbnails to their cloud server, so your phone can access the thumbnails without opening some ports to your home network.

On Waze, If you turn it off, it won't show thumbnails anymore, which makes it hard to chose which video to watch.

But Eufy advertisement was not precise enough, what they could have said is that videos are not uploaded, but for networking reasons, the thumbnails are uploaded so it can be presented to app without opening the user's home network ports.

As you can see, the reasoning is very technical and not easy to understand for ppl without a technical background and could cause misunderstanding and misplaced fear. So I can see why they impercisely said, nothing is uploaded to the cloud.....

They could have said, "No videos are uploaded to the cloud" and they'd still be truthful and no one could call them out after they find out the thumbnails are on the cloud.

I'll still be buying from Eufy because it's more a marketing wording issue than a technical one specific to Eufy
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D
<unnecessary>
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 15, 2009
2933 posts
2801 upvotes
North York
This is probably for the 1080P and not the 2k as they're selling the 2k 2 pack for ~$150 each.
Newbie
Oct 18, 2020
31 posts
11 upvotes
hesp wrote: the doorbell for 80 seems pretty good to
Can you share the link please?
Newbie
Nov 11, 2021
11 posts
20 upvotes
I'm pretty sure there's more to worry about. I view these are also storing audio recordings and historical tracking data as well, open the app it knows when and where and worse yet, comparative logic can reaveal soo much about a user and their household.

Basically if you want privacy or dislike companies studying your every detail don't use these things.

Ever wonder why if you disable it from calling home it refuses to do even the basic functions.
There's a reason they make them so affordable, end user data mining. It's huge and I have a feeling its very profitable.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
9620 posts
9112 upvotes
coffeebean wrote: I'll still be buying from Eufy because it's more a marketing wording issue than a technical one specific to Eufy
It's both. Having code that can be inspected and plain text url is also a very bad security practice.

When people yell at Waze, they respond and changed. Eufy has not yet and just deny the accusation. So that behavior alone would make me avoid anything Anker makes with a camera. Every one of these companies will slip up sooner or later, how they address it is way more important than the vulnerability itself.

It's too bad, I bought into their marketing and was about to buy some Eufy cameras too.
Last edited by Xtrema on Dec 9th, 2022 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1946 posts
1198 upvotes
RunningLand wrote: I'm pretty sure there's more to worry about. I view these are also storing audio recordings and historical tracking data as well, open the app it knows when and where and worse yet, comparative logic can reaveal soo much about a user and their household.

Basically if you want privacy or dislike companies studying your every detail don't use these things.

Ever wonder why if you disable it from calling home it refuses to do even the basic functions.
There's a reason they make them so affordable, end user data mining. It's huge and I have a feeling its very profitable.
Kinda the issue with buying directly from Eufy.com, you're now giving them your address to link to your Eufy account.
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D
<unnecessary>

Top