• Jul 25th, 2015 2:39 pm
[OP]
Penalty Box
Oct 19, 2012
3359 posts
420 upvotes
Toronto

*Hot* Deal? FIBE 350GB From Bell For $58/month

I walked in today at The Source to buy some ink for my printer and the cashier asked me who I had my services with. I told him Rogers and he asked me what deal I had with them, told him I had 320GB/month 60/10 speeds for $77/month. He then told me that he could get me a deal for $58/month for 350GB cap from Bhell and even higher speeds than what Rogers was giving me. I said "No thank you" that I was not falling into Bhell trap, I had a fight with them years ago and they sent me into collections for not paying fake overcharges they were trying to swindle from me, the cashier guy told me that the deal was "forever" and that he would give me the deal in legal writing in case Bhell tried to upped the bill in the future.

He also told me there were no upfront fees or pay extra for modem of installation or initiation. *Hot* or *Cavear Emptor" deal?
18 replies
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
16262 posts
2944 upvotes
Assuming this isn't another Gammatron fantasy, Source reps don't have the ability to make "forever" deals.
Automatic down-votes: Eufy, D-Link, TP-Link, Newegg, Canada Computers, any Chinese-owned cellphone, laptop or IoT device.
[OP]
Penalty Box
Oct 19, 2012
3359 posts
420 upvotes
Toronto
That's what the guy told me and swore by it. He even promised me to put it in writing. Go to The Source location at Albion Mall at the corner of Finch ave W/Kipling ave. Or Google it and give the guy a call.
Nov 11, 2010
415 posts
96 upvotes
GTA
There is an ongoing deal for 350-375 GB for $ 20 off the listed price. This is for existing customers if you call in and threaten to cancel and I guess for new customers also
Nov 11, 2010
415 posts
96 upvotes
GTA
Gammatron wrote: That's what the guy told me and swore by it. He even promised me to put it in writing. Go to The Source location at Albion Mall at the corner of Finch ave W/Kipling ave. Or Google it and give the guy a call.
Go to the Rogers On-Going Deal Thread , where people are getting 50% off their internet when they call in and threaten to cancel their Rogers Internet.

rogers-internet-42-50-100-mbps-47-50-25 ... v-1688257/
Penalty Box
Apr 25, 2013
7398 posts
1337 upvotes
Ceases to amaze me how these big telco play to new and existing customers by making different prices for everyone that phones in and then getting the invoice all wrong every month on top of hiring an army of CSR to answer the phone ..."stupid is as stupid does" - Forrest Gump

[OP]
Penalty Box
Oct 19, 2012
3359 posts
420 upvotes
Toronto
Why not just give us a fair price from the get-go instead of all these stupid bait & switches and head games?
Penalty Box
Apr 25, 2013
7398 posts
1337 upvotes
Gammatron wrote: Why not just give us a fair price from the get-go instead of all these stupid bait & switches and head games?
Basically they are playing the dumb and ignorant hand that 99% of Joe Public won't phone in or cancel once they sign on with them with their so called bundle deals. They have the volume so even if they get a million customers for 12 months they are ahead of the game. Smaller ISPs don't have that volume to benefit or hire an army of CSRs to deal with this stupidity.
Aug 10, 2014
50 posts
5 upvotes
Mississauga
Don't go ahead , they will increase the price after sometime negate the for-ever factor. I am currently experiencing the same. I got one last year with $35.00 now its $45, within a year they increased $10. Currently I am in market for the same. :cry:
Go with Tek Savvy or electronic Box..
Jan 14, 2010
304 posts
83 upvotes
Ottawa
400GB 25/10Mbps from Teksavvy comes up to ~$56 taxes included (in Ontario) is still the better deal if you can handle being with an IISP. Other small perks with Teksavvy are unlimited uploading, and cap free downloads from 2am to 8am.

Even if this was more expensive than the Bell deal, the fact that I don't have to deal with Bell directly ever would be worth the premium.
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11638 posts
2615 upvotes
Montreal
mmx4000 wrote: Other small perks with Teksavvy are unlimited uploading, and cap free downloads from 2am to 8am.
And their official support forum on dslreports.com
https://www.dslreports.com/forum/teksavdirect

I just go post my issue (Almost never an issue, just an account upgrade or downgrade) and it's taken care of. I don't have to ever call them.
Of course, if you are technologically not inclined to fix problems on your side of the network, then you might not have a good time.
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11638 posts
2615 upvotes
Montreal
Gammatron wrote: He then told me that he could get me a deal for $58/month for 350GB cap from Bhell and even higher speeds than what Rogers was giving me
Gammatron wrote: He even promised me to put it in writing.
Did that "legally binding document" state "higher speed than Rogers is giving you" ?
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2631 posts
767 upvotes
TORONTO
Lol its amazing how quickly these threads get off topic and turn into nonsense.
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11638 posts
2615 upvotes
Montreal
Euro2012 wrote: Lol its amazing how quickly these threads get off topic and turn into nonsense.
Right from the third sentence of original post!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8757 posts
2390 upvotes
Not sure if serious. I get 100/10 for 59/month on Rogers and who buys ink at the source anyways?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
EPcjay wrote: Not sure if serious. I get 100/10 for 59/month on Rogers and who buys ink at the source anyways?
59 u gettin robbed son!
[OP]
Penalty Box
Oct 19, 2012
3359 posts
420 upvotes
Toronto
EPcjay wrote: Not sure if serious. I get 100/10 for 59/month on Rogers and who buys ink at the source anyways?
Yeah bundled with more than $250/month of Rogers other services right? Im with Rogers for internet but will never get TV or cellphone with them.
May 21, 2014
418 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto, ON
When they say forever they mean ongoing discounts. But they can increase the base price of any service at anytime.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8757 posts
2390 upvotes
Gammatron wrote: Yeah bundled with more than $250/month of Rogers other services right? Im with Rogers for internet but will never get TV or cellphone with them.
Sorry man, didn't know you didn't have any other services. Not sure if my second service of a 1.50$ magazine counts as bundling.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)