Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

HOT - dell.ca - kingston 16GB datatraveler 102 --- $31.99 (free shipping)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 31st, 2010 8:53 pm
Deal Addict
May 13, 2009
4869 posts
9421 upvotes
Scarborough

[Dell] HOT - dell.ca - kingston 16GB datatraveler 102 --- $31.99 (free shipping)

excellent price for 16gb!
http://accessories.dell.com/sna/product ... u=A3242257

[IMG]http://snpi.dell.com/sna/images/product ... 205743.jpg[/IMG]

I think another datatraveler was on sale during the days of deals for $29.99 (the red one, 16GB).

if you missed that, this is great time to buy!

~~~
Get a deal, share a deal
Happy Deal Hunting
50 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2003
6363 posts
330 upvotes
Toronto
eladmk wrote: excellent price for 16gb!
http://accessories.dell.com/sna/product ... u=A3242257

[IMG]http://snpi.dell.com/sna/images/product ... 205743.jpg[/IMG]

I think another datatraveler was on sale during the days of deals for $29.99 (the red one, 16GB).

if you missed that, this is great time to buy!

~~~
Maybe a dumb question, but can you format this drive to NTFS, in order to put mkv / avi files that are larger than 4GB?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
Can any 16Gig drive be formated NTFS? I have a CoreMicro. Would be nice to be able to save larger HD movie files.
Jun 29, 2005
294 posts
126 upvotes
Edmonton
Any drive can use any partition type - the drive doesn't care and simply appears as any usb hard disk. XP can be weird about not allowing it in its format utility, but the guy above posted how to get around that limitation..
Jul 22, 2009
642 posts
66 upvotes
Inno wrote: Can any 16Gig drive be formated NTFS? I have a CoreMicro. Would be nice to be able to save larger HD movie files.
Almost 100% sure. It's just a hard drive, the OS can format it anyways it may see fit.

The only problem may be the drives that require special software to access. These are usually the older variety before the USB mass storage specification.
Aug 10, 2003
431 posts
155 upvotes
i would like to know if this is fast or not.. i have 8 gig datatraveller and its super slow, so i don't want another slow one.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2003
6363 posts
330 upvotes
Toronto
VDPloeg wrote: You can format it to NTFS, or convert it once received.

http://tech.ebabble.net/converting-a-volume-to-ntfs
granto wrote: I can confirm this. I have the exact same flash drive and have converted it to NTFS.
Cool thanks........now im just curious whether my dvd receiver/home theatre system can support a 16GB USD device......it has a USB port built in with divx support, to play avi movies and stuff......but I'm not sure if it will support > 4GB mkv's.........guess i should do some research on that first.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
3748 posts
6586 upvotes
Calgary
Hmm, might pick up this flash drive to get ready for the Xbox 360 spring update which will allow support for flash drives up to 16 GB. My main concern is speed.

EDIT: Can't find any reviews but Kingston lists the read at 10 MB/sec and write at 5 MB/sec. The read/write specs are identical to the regular Datatraveler so looks like the difference between the 102 and regular is the color scheme.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2005
2315 posts
2757 upvotes
Toronto
Will this work with Bell PVRs? Just for pausing live TV, not really recording much.
Sep 18, 2003
150 posts
7 upvotes
Edmonton
I just ordered two of these.. one for myself and one for a coworker.

Thanks OP!
Jun 25, 2009
684 posts
392 upvotes
Toronto
That's a good price, I don't think Dell is even making any money on it.

If you don't care about speed its a pretty good deal.

and wtf is up with Microsoft limiting storage space to 16GB? even if you hook up an external drive u cant go beyond that what an idiotic concept.
May 23, 2006
532 posts
55 upvotes
SwiZz wrote: ......but I'm not sure if it will support > 4GB mkv's.........guess i should do some research on that first.
Most upconverting DVD players will not play mkv's. Neither my Pioneer or my Mom's Phillips will anyway. I think the highest resolution you can ram into them is 480p (I think anyway, I'm not an audio/videophile by any means).
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2006
5148 posts
101 upvotes
K2` wrote: i would like to know if this is fast or not.. i have 8 gig datatraveller and its super slow, so i don't want another slow one.
I have an 8 Gbyte Kingston DataTraveler and it's not super slow. It's a little slower than my "fast" OCZ Rally 4 Gbyte, but not enough to make any real difference to me.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2002
3005 posts
173 upvotes
ValendiaKnight wrote: and wtf is up with Microsoft limiting storage space to 16GB? even if you hook up an external drive u cant go beyond that what an idiotic concept.
If they didn't limit capacity, how are they supposed to sell all those 250 GB HDDs though :)
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Aske001 wrote: I have an 8 Gbyte Kingston DataTraveler and it's not super slow. It's a little slower than my "fast" OCZ Rally 4 Gbyte, but not enough to make any real difference to me.
I don't agree with that. I don't use my 8gigers and others vs my 4G Rally 2 Turbo because it is just that much faster and less painful to use.

These kingstons are pretty darn slow and not the most reliable either.