Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

HOT errrr....rather COLD- Air Conditioner @ Home Depot

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2005 1:36 pm
Tags:
None
May 29, 2004
27 posts
11 upvotes
rogersda wrote:Hey everyone.

This is my first deal, so take it easy on me, I have just gotten back from Home Depot and picked up two of these, as they are limit of 2 per customer.

Air Conditioner

I think this is a pretty hot deal.......
In store or online....

L8R
Today I bought a Goldstar(LG) 8000 BTU horizontal at Teppermans in London for $199 + taxes if anyone is interested.
May 2, 2005
48 posts
1 upvote
Saint-Bruno-de-Monta…
I was at HD yesterday but they were out of the 5200's. Overwhelming demand !!! Expecting more some time !!!!
Anyway, called today to check and was told they were substituting the Maytag (Fedders) 6000 for $109 as an equivalent deal .... but I'd better hurry, they're going fast !!! Got there in 20 minutes and found two empty pallets at the front entrance, another empty at the back with the other air conditioners and finally, lo and behold, in the electrical department, one last pallet with two units on it.
GREAT !!!
I think the 6000 was regular $188 going for $109 while the 5200 was regular $149 going for $98.
42% saving versus 34% saving !!!!
15% more cooling for an additional 8% savings ........ however, at an 11% greater price !!!!
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2003
1325 posts
35 upvotes
I went hunting for this today but I didn't find anything but a demo without a remote.

If you could tell me which HD I could find the 6000 btu unit for, I'll surely go check it out!
Yumcorn wrote:I was at HD yesterday but they were out of the 5200's. Overwhelming demand !!! Expecting more some time !!!!
Anyway, called today to check and was told they were substituting the Maytag (Fedders) 6000 for $109 as an equivalent deal .... but I'd better hurry, they're going fast !!! Got there in 20 minutes and found two empty pallets at the front entrance, another empty at the back with the other air conditioners and finally, lo and behold, in the electrical department, one last pallet with two units on it.
GREAT !!!
I think the 6000 was regular $188 going for $109 while the 5200 was regular $149 going for $98.
42% saving versus 34% saving !!!!
15% more cooling for an additional 8% savings ........ however, at an 11% greater price !!!!
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
11723 posts
4919 upvotes
St-Fabien de Panet, …
Sold out online and instore :cry: Salesguy at my local store said more stock is coming in tomorrow AM.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4988 posts
7 upvotes
I think Superstore (Loblaws?) has similar ones for a similar price. Brand name may be Diplomat
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2001
1103 posts
i always wanted an airconditioner... but...
how do you install it?
does it fit in all houses?
I only have the swing open windows in my house, will that work?
I am confused.
Jun 2, 2002
472 posts
Kingston sold out, no idea when they are getting more, will check monday, in the mean time im looking @ alternatives...
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
4399 posts
1248 upvotes
hi guys, does anyone know the wattage rating for this? I'm trying to see how much it cost (electricity wise). From the post above it said 115V 5.6Amps, so from what i recollect of circuits. P = VI = 115*5.6 = 644W = 0.644KW.

I think electricity is about 5.5 cents/KWhr.

So 0.644KW * 24hrs (1 day of usage) * 0.055/kw = $0.85/day

I'm not sure how to calculate the delivery fee, but from electricity consumption, $0.85/day does seem to be worth it. Since i'm dying here from the heat! ;)
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4988 posts
7 upvotes
Mint wrote:hi guys, does anyone know the wattage rating for this? I'm trying to see how much it cost (electricity wise). From the post above it said 115V 5.6Amps, so from what i recollect of circuits. P = VI = 115*5.6 = 644W = 0.644KW.

I'm not sure how to calculate the delivery fee, but from electricity consumption, $0.85/day does seem to be worth it. Since i'm dying here from the heat! ;)
yes, your math is correct, but I think you underestimated the cost of electricity.
also, i don't think you'd run your AC 24 hrs a day anyways.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1026 upvotes
For those who *absolutely* need one and can't find the home depot deal right away Wal-cock has one for $135. Though a no-name (5000 BTU's) it's the cheapest one I've seen aside from this deal.

To the above poster regarding small bedrooms - I have a 5000 BTU in a 1 bedroom and it cools the entire apt aside from the bathroom nicely. Very cold in the living room and nice room temp in the kitchen and bedroom.
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Jun 2, 2002
472 posts
futureshop also has a 5200 btu unit for 129.99 right now...
Sep 22, 2004
38 posts
I was planning to install it over the weekend, but after checking out the web for instructions on how to install it, i realized it doesn't fit into my casement window. so i decide to return it in half an hour (7PM PDT).
the box is unopenned yet, if anyone in GVRD area wants it, let me know and i will sell it to you at original price ($98 + GST + PST).
otherwise, you have to wait for the next promotion (maybe in winter?) :lol:
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2002
12253 posts
858 upvotes
5000 BTUs + small form factor + perfect condition + sparkling clean (including the air filter) - stuck outside of the GTA in Dundas, near Hamilton = my air conditioner!!!!

:)

Drop me a line, come see it. $75 takes it until Home Depot is out/sale is over....then it goes back up to $100.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
1821 posts
258 upvotes
I just installed the unit for my Aunt, not too bad. I especially like the remote control, it has an LCD screen that displays the desired temp. The unit isn't too loud, I heard units that where much louder than this one. For $98 and 5 years Warranty, it’s a great deal.

Thanks for the post !!! :)
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2001
1103 posts
anyone have a link to the installation manual?
i cannot find it on the maytag site.
:/

I want to know if it fits in my windows before i buy it. :confused:
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2004
1672 posts
299 upvotes
NOYB
Mint wrote:hi guys, does anyone know the wattage rating for this? I'm trying to see how much it cost (electricity wise). From the post above it said 115V 5.6Amps, so from what i recollect of circuits. P = VI = 115*5.6 = 644W = 0.644KW.

Mint.........

Screw the electricity costs........

I'm near you. Hot, Humid, Stinky & Polluted outside......

Just buy one and you'll be REALLY glad you did..........

R :D
---=== Heatware ===--- - Available Upon Request !!! - All Positive !!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jan 1, 2005
986 posts
835 upvotes
Montreal
Wall*Mart has Danby 5200btu units with electro-mechanical controls for ~100$ regular price.
From what I read, electronic controls supposedly have a higher failure rate.
As others have pointed out, these Maytag/Fedders are little window shakers. Bought one last year and returned it the same afternoon, sweating and swearing.
Danby and Panasonic often have MIRs at this time of the year, keep your eyes pealed.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)