Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Hot! Foodsaver Fm5440 vacuum sealer $99.97 in store only

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2019 7:04 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4952 posts
1086 upvotes
axelasp23 wrote: Would anyone use this over zip lock bags? Or is it a completely different thing ?
From what I believe, things will keep longer and stay fresher when vacuum sealed. This goes for both refrigerator or freezer.
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24227 posts
43253 upvotes
ONTARIO
bluetroll wrote: The last time it was close to this price was in October 2017
That's when I got mine! Thanks to the $25 Masterpass promo, it made the unit $110.99 + tax back then.

I've owned 3 different foodsaver models and this one is my favourite. I definitely recommend for anyone interested in a foodsaver. Save your money on vacuum bags though and buy 3rd party. Much better value.
Mar 25, 2010
225 posts
421 upvotes
Montreal
I bought this foodsaver back in 2017 (http://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco-f ... 9-2136414/)

It is well made and it still works great as of today! Never had any issues with it, but I must say BEWARE of cheap knock-off sealing bags on amazon. Some of them are AWFUL and at first I thought it was the actual foodsaver that was malfunctioning. It wasn't! I've been buying 11"x50 (x2) from "FreshLocker" in the past year from amazon (around ~32 bucks for 2 rolls) and they're working perfectly with this foodsaver (also way cheaper than the foodsaver branded bags)

Buy with confidence I'd say :)
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2003
1206 posts
128 upvotes
ShinConker wrote: I bought this foodsaver back in 2017 (http://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco-f ... 9-2136414/)

It is well made and it still works great as of today! Never had any issues with it, but I must say BEWARE of cheap knock-off sealing bags on amazon. Some of them are AWFUL and at first I thought it was the actual foodsaver that was malfunctioning. It wasn't! I've been buying 11"x50 (x2) from "FreshLocker" in the past year from amazon (around ~32 bucks for 2 rolls) and they're working perfectly with this foodsaver (also way cheaper than the foodsaver branded bags)

I find that the non dimpled bags don't work well at all.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24227 posts
43253 upvotes
ONTARIO
Fire Man wrote: I find that the non dimpled bags don't work well at all.
Those non-textured bags are more than likely meant for chamber vacuum sealers and not the standard foodsaver type ones.
For the Foodsaver style vacuum sealers you must buy the bags that have at least one textured side, as this is required to pull air from the bags.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
21844 posts
15620 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
axelasp23 wrote: Would anyone use this over zip lock bags? Or is it a completely different thing ?
Similar things - just think of vacuum sealing is a better version of ziplocking for longer term storage.

Vacuum sealing removes more air than what you can do with a ziplock even with all of the associated tricks for ziplocks AND the keeps the air out longer via a thicker bag and better seal (ie the melted plastic seal vs the zipper). When you combine those things, the vacuum sealed items can be stored longer but is less convenient as the seal isn't re-sealable without the machine to do the sealing.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
21844 posts
15620 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
ShinConker wrote: I bought this foodsaver back in 2017 (http://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco-f ... 9-2136414/)

I've found the Freshlocker bags to be a good bag as well. My only beefs with them are: the plastic isn't as pliable as the originals probably because they seem to be thicker AND the dimples aren't as deep which causing any moisture to move faster when sealing.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
2020 posts
1035 upvotes
Scarborough
Derek_1 wrote: Is there a way to waive the $25 Surcharge for delivery on the business site?

PS: Etobicoke doesn't stock this model.
no idea, as the Business Centre is not too far from where i am.

also a family member pick one up from Markham East location. you might want to ask someone at Costco to check which location nearest you carries that product.
Dec 3, 2005
916 posts
1072 upvotes
S
Derek_1 wrote: Is there a way to waive the $25 Surcharge for delivery on the business site?

PS: Etobicoke doesn't stock this model.
waived over $250 of purchase.
no delivery to residential addresses
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10170 posts
8295 upvotes
Toronto
Does Costco sell bags, and do they ever go on sale?
For those that purchase from Amazon, share some links.
Will need to buy some eventually.
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
21844 posts
15620 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
shikotee wrote: Does Costco sell bags, and do they ever go on sale?
I recently got some Freshlocker rolls which seem to be pretty good - https://www.amazon.ca/Freshlocker-Vacuu ... reshlocker - which were on sale at that time. Other bags I've been looking at but didn't buy (as I have two 50' rolls of each 8" and 11" so it will last me a while) yet are the ones from OutofAir as they have near perfect reviews on Amazon.com - https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06XG9 ... IBSUI&th=1.
Aug 23, 2015
486 posts
386 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
craftsman wrote: I recently got some Freshlocker rolls which seem to be pretty good - https://www.amazon.ca/Freshlocker-Vacuu ... reshlocker - which were on sale at that time. Other bags I've been looking at but didn't buy (as I have two 50' rolls of each 8" and 11" so it will last me a while) yet are the ones from OutofAir as they have near perfect reviews on Amazon.com - https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06XG9 ... IBSUI&th=1.
I got something called Houseables from Amazon because they were on a lightning deal. I've had a few seal fails, all but one are my fault for being cheap and not leaving enough bag to properly seal. I did have one that failed after I took it out of the freezer, not sure why. Otherwise, they've been great.

I also recommend 11" rolls over 8" rolls. I've had a few issues trying to get steaks/porkchops/sausages into the 8" ones.
Oct 13, 2015
35 posts
24 upvotes
Fredericton, NB
Thanks OP picked one up in store today.

Had an old Foodsaver that we put in storage when we moved to a new home a couple years ago. It didn't survive the cold so was looking at eventually getting a new one.

This one is quite a bit different and I had to actually read the instructions on how to use it haha. But after bagging a bunch of meat tonight it works great and it's quite easy to use.
Banned
Oct 31, 2013
16 posts
10 upvotes
Port Hope
Would this sale be at all Ontario Costco or is it hit and miss?
Jan 6, 2019
80 posts
72 upvotes
Brought this on ebay recently , working very good
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1546 posts
1600 upvotes
Still 149.99 at the nisku location :( anybody seen any in the Edmonton area for 129.99?
May 16, 2007
310 posts
139 upvotes
Comox, BC
shikotee wrote: Does Costco sell bags, and do they ever go on sale?
Yes, Costco sells the Foodsaver bags in a box usually containing a couple of 12” rolls, an 8” roll and some premade 8” bags, IIRC. They have gone on sale for about $30 a box a couple of times a year.
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
7236 posts
3052 upvotes
GTA
this is a great unit, you can use accessories with it which i use frequently, i.e tupperware container, wide mouth jar sealer, ziplock bags etc.

I would suggest people look for deals on amazon.ca which were pretty good just in december and seem to go on frequently. Costco roll bundle isnt really the best value (even when on sale).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)