Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Hot! Foodsaver Fm5440 vacuum sealer $99.97 in store only

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2019 7:04 pm
Jun 27, 2017
345 posts
156 upvotes
Ottawa
Might buy the one on sale for $110. Should make sous vide easier than the ziplock bags I've been using and keep foods from freezer burn when storing them.
Aug 23, 2015
486 posts
386 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
valcyclovir wrote: The FM3940 has a roll storage just like the FM5440. I have one with me right now.

I'm now debating if I want the 11x 50ft Freshlocker rolls or the Foodsaver rolls on sale at Costco right now.

The 50ft Freshlocker offers a better value with no taxes and more length for the price, but takes up a lot more space and can't use the roll storage room. Total = 28$

The Foodsaver bags offer 2 different roll sizes and can use the roll storage room. The total roll size is about 20% less than Freshlocker's but has 36 ziploc bags to compensate. Total = 34.50$ (tax inc.)
Even with larger rolls, the roll cutter still works. You just can't store the roll inside the machine. Not a huge deal, only takes a few seconds to feed the end of the roll through the cutter.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
8929 posts
6615 upvotes
SW ON
Has anyone ever seen metalized plastic rolls for these sealers? Do they exist?
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
1759 posts
1571 upvotes
Toronto, ON
The unit is currently $40 off (Costco East) if you cannot find the older model on clearance. After sale price is $109.99 in the warehouse. The box of bags is $9 off at $30.99. Sale ends Sunday Feb 3rd.

Images
  • Capture.JPG
Dec 14, 2018
10 posts
3 upvotes
Is the 5440 available at any costco in the gta east Oshawa is out, will travel to Peterborough or Scarborough.
Sep 7, 2007
354 posts
69 upvotes
Bowmanville
Chiprazor21 wrote: Is the 5440 available at any costco in the gta east Oshawa is out, will travel to Peterborough or Scarborough.
If you call any Costco and provide the item number they'll gladly check surrounding warheouses for you.
Banned
Oct 31, 2013
16 posts
10 upvotes
Port Hope
Chiprazor21 wrote: Is the 5440 available at any costco in the gta east Oshawa is out, will travel to Peterborough or Scarborough.
got one of the 4 on shelf in Peterborough last week, checked the other day while grabbing more bags(sample included didn't go far) none of the 5440 left
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2006
1077 posts
131 upvotes
I bought the 5440 a few weeks ago at 129.99 plus tax. However I lost the receipt. Do I need the original receipt for a full price refund? I was hoping to buy this unit at $109.99 and save a few bucks as my store is completely out of the 5440.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1546 posts
1600 upvotes
ids748 wrote: I bought the 5440 a few weeks ago at 129.99 plus tax. However I lost the receipt. Do I need the original receipt for a full price refund? I was hoping to buy this unit at $109.99 and save a few bucks as my store is completely out of the 5440.
No need, they can see your purchase once you give them your membership card
Jan 3, 2003
440 posts
159 upvotes
Vancouver Island
Bubblegum86 wrote: No need, they can see your purchase once you give them your membership card
I was told last week I needed the receipt for a price adjustment, and that the item needed to be in stock. Recent change to their policy.......
Dec 26, 2007
332 posts
416 upvotes
Montréal
Birdman wrote: I was told last week I needed the receipt for a price adjustment, and that the item needed to be in stock. Recent change to their policy.......
Price adjustment is different policy than refund.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
axelasp23 wrote: Would anyone use this over zip lock bags? Or is it a completely different thing ?
World of difference.
Zip lock bags are really no different than open air storage in terms of spoilage.
Vacuum sealed bags last upwards of 5x longer.

I get weeks out of stuff that I usually get days from.

Not that I'd get this since Chamber > Sucker

3rd party sucker type bags creeping closer to chamber bags, but chambers are still winning.
I haven't tested 3rd party bags (because I gave up on Foodsavers years ago) but the real bags leaked like a sieve.
I sealed each end 3-4 times when sous videing, which means 8 operations for bags on a roll.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Sep 2, 2014
451 posts
184 upvotes
i went thru the whole thread and still cant decide which model should i keep. i have the 5440 in my hand and the 3940 is on sale this week.

please your advice as i am going to buy the 50ft freshlocker rolls so the accessories dont matter.
Dec 26, 2007
332 posts
416 upvotes
Montréal
sammjm wrote: i went thru the whole thread and still cant decide which model should i keep. i have the 5440 in my hand and the 3940 is on sale this week.

please your advice as i am going to buy the 50ft freshlocker rolls so the accessories dont matter.
Same here, any help or advice would be appreciated.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
21844 posts
15620 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
sammjm wrote: i went thru the whole thread and still cant decide which model should i keep. i have the 5440 in my hand and the 3940 is on sale this week.

Basically the difference between the two Foodsavers boils down to HOW you are going to use it - one has a manual clamp system that holds the bag in place while the other is controlled by a switch and electrically clamp the bag. Some people like the manual control as it allows you to move the bag around to where you want to clamp... while others like the idea of engaging the clamp system by hitting a button. At the end of the day, both will do the job; however, the 3940 may last longer due to the fact it's more mechanical.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4952 posts
1086 upvotes
I just used the Freshlocker roll for the first time today. They seem like they are great quality.
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
3971 posts
386 upvotes

I haven't found the 5440 yet. I have an older version. The auto seal is a waste of bags and space. I much prefer to pick where exactly I'd like to seal the bag.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1546 posts
1600 upvotes
So I bought the 5440 for 129 and not sure if I should replace it with the one on sale. First time vacuum sealer so not sure what is best.

Read through the thread but still not sure. Any advise?
Dec 17, 2017
435 posts
409 upvotes
As having the 5440 and a similar model like the 3940, I would give hands down to the 5440. I'm not hardcore but I use the vacuum sealer at least once a week and also do alot of sous vide too.

The main reason being:
1. The sealing mechanism is automatic and it's actually quite convenient when you have to do like 10 bags in a session.

2. The 5440 has a pulse function to it. This allows you to control the amount of suction at small increments. It doesn't vacuum right away, you just press the pulse and it will suck air abit a time. This has been quite useful for moist or delicate foods where you don't want to completely crush it and need control. It is also perfect for sous vide as well.

3. I also noticed the 5440 seal was quite thicker than the other food saver I had. If someone has both right now, I'd like them to do a seal on both machines and compare.

If point #2 isn't something you do, then go cheaper.