Ongoing Deal Discussion

HOT! Free 2 months Sirius/XM USA radio ! work great in canada / no cc required !

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2019 9:12 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2004
1076 posts
216 upvotes
pathfinder35 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 3:26 pm
I just called (selected Cancellations) - the CSR said there was no 5 month offer (they are expired) and my previous 6 month $30 deal was an introductory offer that is only for new subscribers. Best he could offer was 6 months for $44.95.

I'll try calling this weekend - maybe better luck with a different CSR.
I guarantee if you actually say the words "ok, then just cancel my account, please" the CSR will magically find a 6 month/$30 deal in the system for you. GUARANTEED.

Worse come to worst, you'll actually have to go through with it, but then you can sign up in 30 days again as a new subscriber. Win-win!
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
16704 posts
13661 upvotes
Toronto
Did it for two more cars recently. A friend's Toyota and a rental Jetta. The VW has 470 channels (!) With some gaps
Not only did we embarrass Marky Mark, we let down the Funky Bunch.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
5490 posts
9283 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
Password wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 4:19 pm
I guarantee if you actually say the words "ok, then just cancel my account, please" the CSR will magically find a 6 month/$30 deal in the system for you. GUARANTEED.

Worse come to worst, you'll actually have to go through with it, but then you can sign up in 30 days again as a new subscriber. Win-win!
You're right - called again and the CSR offered me the $30/6 mo plan right away with no first offering of '$120 for 6 mo' BS. Total charge comes to $39 with fees and taxes...
Jul 22, 2013
161 posts
51 upvotes
Out'nAbout
Yep, I got it $30 for six months as well for just under $39. That includes this copyright fee plus taxes to bring it just under $39.

Thanks RFD! I always come back to check on rates before I subscribe again ... and you should too!!! ;-)

Take care,
Newfie
Oct 3, 2011
157 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
Received same as posts above. $39.** all in for 6 months.
Aug 6, 2005
110 posts
50 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Looks like my luck finally ran out today... after 7 years of haggling and always getting what I want today they simply agreed to cancel my account. No offers, no retentions, nothing. Will see what I can get on the .ca site next...
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2004
1076 posts
216 upvotes
mbcvp wrote:
Aug 24th, 2017 6:02 pm
Looks like my luck finally ran out today... after 7 years of haggling and always getting what I want today they simply agreed to cancel my account. No offers, no retentions, nothing. Will see what I can get on the .ca site next...
Interesting... I'm surprised they'd let an account go. $30/6 months is better than $0.

Maybe this signals a change in Sirius' value proposition? Perhaps management has decided to start playing hardball with subscribers? My contracts are up for renewal September 2. I'll post here with my results then.
Aug 6, 2005
110 posts
50 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Password wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 9:55 am
Interesting... I'm surprised they'd let an account go. $30/6 months is better than $0.

Maybe this signals a change in Sirius' value proposition? Perhaps management has decided to start playing hardball with subscribers? My contracts are up for renewal September 2. I'll post here with my results then.
Quite frankly I was surprised as well... they have never just let me off the hook like that without at least trying. Once I was "educated" by a supervisor on all my loyalty retention offers from the past (so clearly they do keep notes) but in the end he still gave me the discount.

So we shall see... I don't believe they have a winback program so I'm not expecting a call but I'm also open to other options. In all honesty their traffic service is garbage (compared to other available options nowadays such as Waze) but I do like the variety of music offered.

Will shop around... worst case I'll keep signing up for this two month offer providing it still works Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2003
6066 posts
885 upvotes
mbcvp wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 12:15 pm

So we shall see... I don't believe they have a winback program so I'm not expecting a call but I'm also open to other options. In all honesty their traffic service is garbage (compared to other available options nowadays such as Waze) but I do like the variety of music offered.
I let my sub expire about 2-3 months ago and I recently received an email offer for $20 for 5 months. The email states the "SAVE20M" promo code, but also includes my specific radio ID, so I think it's a targeted promo.
------He who dares, Rodders, he who dares------

Heatware Feedback eBay Feedback
X360 Live Gamertag: Frenzied360
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2004
1076 posts
216 upvotes
Wow... what a scam.

My subscription was due to expire on the 3rd, so I called today to go through the reup dance, and found that one of my two radios had already been reupped 2 days early! Apparently, I had been "selected for a special promotional rate" so they figured it was ok to cancel my loyalty rate ($30/6 months) early, and charge me $60/6 months. Needless to say I got that charge reversed and got the $30/6 rate reinstated. I probably could have pushed for something extra -- renewing a subscription 2 days early is pretty skeevy -- but I'm frankly not interested in getting Internet Sirius, and I believe $5/month is perfectly reasonable.

Stay on top of your accounts, people!
Aug 6, 2005
110 posts
50 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Password wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 9:55 am

Well, sure enough I just got a "come back to Sirius" email offer for... you guessed it, 6 months for $30. If they throw in internet listening then I'll consider it. Otherwise I'll enjoy the rest of the free weekend and say goodbye.
Sep 4, 2006
456 posts
82 upvotes
Is the free two months dead? Our first two month free trial ended three months ago, and I'm trying to re-add another two months.

Using the link in the original post, it won't let me enter a postal code, just a zip. When I enter the radio ID with a Florida ZIP (and a different last name than the first trial), it tells me "A trial subscription is not available for this Radio ID. To activate service on this radio, add a subscription."

Thanks in advance for the advice.

<edit> just went backwards in the thread and see that it takes 6 months after the last trial. Thanks for the updates. I'll try the streaming trial for a bit, then maybe the 6/$30 deal before the next trial. We should update the first post...
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
2245 posts
61 upvotes
Just had this same problem, I thought it was good every 2 months with new info. I guess not :(
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
3425 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto
Waited 6 months and just tried again. Worked for me. Thanks!
Oct 28, 2016
46 posts
12 upvotes
just signed up 2 month free trial for the first time. did Sirius Canada free trial before when purchased this car and received free trial flyer