Ongoing Deal Discussion

Mary Brown's Famous Chicken & Taters

HOT! Free Big Mary with App Download

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2022 5:24 pm
Newbie
Oct 20, 2020
1 posts
Didn't work for me. I ordered and said it would apply on next order but did not apply on next order either
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
4189 posts
11620 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
Found this info on MB's FB page and expanded on it:

If you want to earn points via the app but don't want to add a CC/GC and place an order via the app, you can.

  1. Load the app.
  2. Click on the "QUICK ACCESS Pay Now" tab.
  3. Change the top tab from "Pay" to "Loyalty".
  4. Place your order in-store.
  5. Have the MB employee scan the QR Code.
  6. Make sure that "1 MBApp Scanned" shows up on the register's screen and on your receipt. If it doesn't, have them re-scan the code until it does.
  7. Pay for your order.
  8. The points should show on the app shortly after.

PS. on Android, not sure if the same steps apply for iOS
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 27, 2017
3295 posts
3552 upvotes
trystee wrote:
PS. on Android, not sure if the same steps apply for iOS
Same for iOS. But you have to order in person on Monday’s if you want the $4 sandwich. Special isn’t available on app
B13189C9-C5BD-4F67-89F7-76F981880626.png
Newbie
Nov 17, 2018
88 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
I downloaded the app on my iPhone for the first time today and placed a pickup order to redeem my FREE Big Mary. The coupon was applied and order went through successfully.

But after reaching the store, the store owner at 3199 Dufferin Street, Toronto, ON M6A 2T2, Canada, refused to honour the deal. He said to me point-blank: "I will not accept your order". I guess he doesn't like giving away free stuff.

This seems like a scam to me or maybe Mary Brown's does not require all franchises to participate.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2006
1621 posts
1192 upvotes
Calgary
gary131 wrote: I downloaded the app on my iPhone for the first time today and placed a pickup order to redeem my FREE Big Mary. The coupon was applied and order went through successfully.

But after reaching the store, the store owner at 3199 Dufferin Street, Toronto, ON M6A 2T2, Canada, refused to honour the deal. He said to me point-blank: "I will not accept your order". I guess he doesn't like giving away free stuff.

This seems like a scam to me or maybe Mary Brown's does not require all franchises to participate.
That guy is just being a dick. I spoke to a owner here, he says head office reimburses him for the promos
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 17, 2017
3128 posts
2022 upvotes
notice you can modify sandwich now you can get spicy mayo instead of regular but still cant add more toppings

another tip is Louisiana hot sauce packs are also free I get a few of those to add to sandwich to give it more kick :)
Newbie
Nov 17, 2018
88 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
lord wayne wrote: That guy is just being a dick. I spoke to a owner here, he says head office reimburses him for the promos
You are probably right about the guy not playing ball.

This does not augur well for the reputation of Mary Brown's. I reached out to their support with the details of my visit. Let's see if they will have an explanation for this.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 14, 2001
4898 posts
3415 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
My MB accepts the order, but forgets the pickle sometimes.. and gave me lettuce, I asked for no lettuce. :-(
😱
Jr. Member
Feb 6, 2019
108 posts
128 upvotes
winnipeg
ahlong wrote: notice you can modify sandwich now you can get spicy mayo instead of regular but still cant add more toppings

another tip is Louisiana hot sauce packs are also free I get a few of those to add to sandwich to give it more kick :)
Good idea, i just went for the plain burger and it was a little bland. I think I would probably rate the KFC chicken sandwich a little higher. Can't go wrong with free though!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 23, 2009
5925 posts
3486 upvotes
gary131 wrote: I downloaded the app on my iPhone for the first time today and placed a pickup order to redeem my FREE Big Mary. The coupon was applied and order went through successfully.

But after reaching the store, the store owner at 3199 Dufferin Street, Toronto, ON M6A 2T2, Canada, refused to honour the deal. He said to me point-blank: "I will not accept your order". I guess he doesn't like giving away free stuff.

This seems like a scam to me or maybe Mary Brown's does not require all franchises to participate.
That location was taken back when the last franchise owner threw in the towel.

I am surprised that they were able to sell it to someone else.

It's never been a busy location besides Monday.

The washroom (got to wash your hands) has smelled perma flooded for so long. I am kind of surprised that it's never been fixed.
Newbie
Nov 17, 2018
88 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
renoldman wrote: That location was taken back when the last franchise owner threw in the towel.

I am surprised that they were able to sell it to someone else.

It's never been a busy location besides Monday.

The washroom (got to wash your hands) has smelled perma flooded for so long. I am kind of surprised that it's never been fixed.
I have a feeling that this ownership won't last too long either given how they treat their customers.

It's safe to say they are not getting any business from me anymore.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2018
1350 posts
858 upvotes
gary131 wrote: I downloaded the app on my iPhone for the first time today and placed a pickup order to redeem my FREE Big Mary. The coupon was applied and order went through successfully.

But after reaching the store, the store owner at 3199 Dufferin Street, Toronto, ON M6A 2T2, Canada, refused to honour the deal. He said to me point-blank: "I will not accept your order". I guess he doesn't like giving away free stuff.

This seems like a scam to me or maybe Mary Brown's does not require all franchises to participate.
I redeemed my free Big Mary at this location without issue a couple of months ago. I guess the owner wasn’t around at the time.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2078 posts
851 upvotes
BC
Drove out 30mins to Surrey just for Mary Brown's. Unfortunately, it was probably the worst I've had (grew up on legit NFLD). Taters are known for being salty but these didn't taste like they had any and needed to be cooked longer.

The chicken tenders also lacked flavour and had no skin on half of each tender from not coating them and separating them properly.

The Big Mary was pretty good as was the chicken tenders meat itself.

I hope they open a location in Poco or Coquitlam, but won't be driving to Surrey anymore.
Koodo: $45/10GB Unlimited Canada wide calling
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2014
1099 posts
1335 upvotes
Timbo420 wrote: Drove out 30mins to Surrey just for Mary Brown's. Unfortunately, it was probably the worst I've had (grew up on legit NFLD). Taters are known for being salty but these didn't taste like they had any and needed to be cooked longer.

The chicken tenders also lacked flavour and had no skin on half of each tender from not coating them and separating them properly.

The Big Mary was pretty good as was the chicken tenders meat itself.

I hope they open a location in Poco or Coquitlam, but won't be driving to Surrey anymore.
Which Surrey location was this?
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2019
1098 posts
1231 upvotes
Timbo420 wrote: Drove out 30mins to Surrey just for Mary Brown's. Unfortunately, it was probably the worst I've had (grew up on legit NFLD). Taters are known for being salty but these didn't taste like they had any and needed to be cooked longer.

The chicken tenders also lacked flavour and had no skin on half of each tender from not coating them and separating them properly.

The Big Mary was pretty good as was the chicken tenders meat itself.

I hope they open a location in Poco or Coquitlam, but won't be driving to Surrey anymore.
I was in Chilliwack this summer and I remember Mary Browns being delicious. Since I hadn't had it for over 10 years, I gave their chicken another try and it was horrendous. It was so bad that I have a hard time believing thats their recipie, and it must be lazy employees. But, I dont know. Going to Ontario to visit family this week, so I'll maybe ill try it out there just to see.

If you've never had juke chicken, I recommend it. It actually has a very unique flavor that comes from the chicken meat itself, not from the oil or batter. I dont know how they do it, but maybe they boil the chicken in a special broth before deep-frying it.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2078 posts
851 upvotes
BC
3express wrote: Which Surrey location was this?
18655 Fraser Hwy, Surrey, BC V3S 7Y3, Canada
Koodo: $45/10GB Unlimited Canada wide calling

Top