Mary Brown's Famous Chicken & Taters

HOT! Free Big Mary with App Download

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2022 5:24 pm
Jan 3, 2014
33 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
app worked for me, but i selected my location and didn't double check it when i finalized the order so the burger went to another location in Pickering instead of where i live. the location near me doesn't support online orders for some reason.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1432 posts
1259 upvotes
Toronto
steved54321 wrote: Just came back from Mary Brown's, looks like they are marketing their mobile app. When you download and register you will get a free Big Mary sandwich. When you register make sure to add your birthday for a free Big Mary sandwich on your birthday too.

The coupon does not have an expiry date.

Enjoy!
Any advantage of signing up for the app with a referral code?
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
14683 posts
32213 upvotes
TDNGUYEN wrote: This one just came this morning. I bought it for 8 bux after tax.

DEFINITELY not that big. Small AF.
Omg what a mess . Kinda figured it would be false advertising lol
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2017
3227 posts
3501 upvotes
I miss Church's chicken. But it was far juicier and larger than KFC at that time. MB is similar to them. Don't find Popeyes anything special. Prefer KFC's taste, but with the smaller pieces, haven't gone to them since. Only went for the Cyber Monday special. But then we have all the Taiwanese and Korean fried chicken places popping up to compete against the large chains. They do taste better, just are more expensive in comparison.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
14683 posts
32213 upvotes
xotriz wrote: app worked for me, but i selected my location and didn't double check it when i finalized the order so the burger went to another location in Pickering instead of where i live. the location near me doesn't support online orders for some reason.
Yah their location part sucks , sends me to a completely different city when I have one maybe 2km away
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
3308 posts
4357 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
IMO mary browns has the best chicken sandwhich i ever had so far hands down. Big thumbs up from me. I always get their special on mondays.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
4189 posts
11620 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
renoldman wrote: Went to Dufferin store, they say the App is valid from tomorrow at their location.
Asked the same at my local MB in Edmonton and was told it officially is starting tomorrow.

BTW, when did they change the spicy Big Mary?

The regular Big Mary was bun, chicken, lettuce, mayo - one pickle on top. The spicy was just a regular Big Mary with spicy mayo instead of regular mayo. The spicy I got today was bun, red seasoned chicken, NO lettuce, spicy mayo, 3 pickles inside.

I was going to ask on my next run next Monday but noticed the "new" spicy configuration photo on their scrolling promo banner on their website.

I liked the old way better - this one is too spicy for my tastebuds.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2281 posts
935 upvotes
Scarborough
trystee wrote: Asked the same at my local MB in Edmonton and was told it officially is starting tomorrow.

BTW, when did they change the spicy Big Mary?

The regular Big Mary was bun, chicken, lettuce, mayo - one pickle on top. The spicy was just a regular Big Mary with spicy mayo instead of regular mayo. The spicy I got today was bun, red seasoned chicken, NO lettuce, spicy mayo, 3 pickles inside.

I was going to ask on my next run next Monday but noticed the "new" spicy configuration photo on their scrolling promo banner on their website.

I liked the old way better - this one is too spicy for my tastebuds.
Then just order the regular one and sub mayo for spicy mayo, It's one of the options in the app.
Tangerine
Simplii
Freedom Mobile
Jun 15, 2012
158 posts
65 upvotes
LNahid2000 wrote: Pape and Danforth coming soon!!
It's like right beside Popeyes, but that "Coming Soon" sign has been there forever... I doubt it's going to happen this year...
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2017
3227 posts
3501 upvotes
trystee wrote: I liked the old way better - this one is too spicy for my tastebuds.
Yup the new spicy has a KICK!!!! But the old spicy wasn't spicy at all. The spicy mayo didn't add much to the regular sandwich.
[OP]
Nov 28, 2009
750 posts
722 upvotes
Pickering
pererac wrote: Any advantage of signing up for the app with a referral code?
You and the person who used your referral get 50 points each upon their first order, that's it. You need 500 points to redeem a small gravy, then 800pts for small taters, etc.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
4187 posts
4679 upvotes
Ottawa
Awesome. Love their burgers and wedges.
Final Fantasy XVI waiting room.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
4189 posts
11620 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
supremekai wrote: Then just order the regular one and sub mayo for spicy mayo, It's one of the options in the app.
Haven't downloaded the app yet. Thanks for the sub tip for next time!
eelw11 wrote: Yup the new spicy has a KICK!!!! But the old spicy wasn't spicy at all. The spicy mayo didn't add much to the regular sandwich.
I found the old spicy to be just the right amount for me. This one was too much.

BTW, thanks OP for the promo heads-up.
Jan 17, 2015
333 posts
375 upvotes
Pierrefonds, QC
I need a Mary Browns in Montreal. Do it, MB. Even if it's just for me!
Feb 19, 2020
276 posts
279 upvotes
So did KFC replace the Big Crunch with the new Famous Chicken sandwich or is it the same item with a different name?

Also the Big Mary sandwich and Taters are really good, but I find their regular chicken bland and oily. I’ve been meaning to try Churches Chicken but the promotional images look unappealing.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2017
1567 posts
2323 upvotes
TDNGUYEN wrote: This one just came this morning. I bought it for 8 bux after tax.

DEFINITELY not that big. Small AF.
Was it good?
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2017
3118 posts
2012 upvotes
great sandwich even better when it's free lol Thanks OP! :D
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9313 posts
7696 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Was wondering whether I qualify as I am already subscribed to their mailing list and getting their free Mary Brown on my birthday each year.
But yup, I see the free sandwich loaded into my account.
Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2077 posts
848 upvotes
BC
TheRockNL wrote: Question as a Newfoundlander, how popular is Mary Brown's in the rest of Canada? I assumed it was mostly ex-pats that frequent it, but I'm seeing more and more national advertising recently. Just curious.
I saw a lady with MB's on her car last year and she worked for Mary Brown's doing their expansion in BC. She listed off a few places in a rather short time, so I took that to be booming. This was pre-covid, so don't know now.

I've driven 45 minutes to go to the Abbotsford one a couple of times, and will be shorter going to Surrey.
Koodo: $45/10GB Unlimited Canada wide calling
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2077 posts
848 upvotes
BC
JonR29230 wrote: So did KFC replace the Big Crunch with the new Famous Chicken sandwich or is it the same item with a different name?

Also the Big Mary sandwich and Taters are really good, but I find their regular chicken bland and oily. I’ve been meaning to try Churches Chicken but the promotional images look unappealing.
You should have had it back when they used Peanut oil. To me, it was different after they switched (trans fats, I believe).
Koodo: $45/10GB Unlimited Canada wide calling

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)