Cell Phones

**HOT / FREE / PSA ** Cell Phone Callback for unlimited calling - requires SIP access but that's all!

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2019 11:54 am
[OP]
Aug 13, 2004
724 posts
172 upvotes
Vancouver

**HOT / FREE / PSA ** Cell Phone Callback for unlimited calling - requires SIP access but that's all!

** Free cell phone call back service - "Sip Mobile Callback & Caller ID" App on play store or test on http://sip.uno ** App is free and free of ads! All data is encrypted.

Read on for all the details or just try the app if you know your stuff about voip and sip credentials already **

Through the years there have been Cell Phone plans offered with unlimited incoming minutes. Through the years there have been many tools to take advantage of that position with alternative solutions or approaches to produce unlimited outgoing minutes that are almost never very simple, reliable, easy to understand, user friendly, and -- wait for it -- FREE!?!?!?! (IF YOU HAVE EXISTING SIP CREDENTIALS FOR YOUR VOIP SERVICE)

First, every solution I know of does require some form of VOIP service. Fongo or any number of other free calling apps won't work for this as you don't have the sip credentials necessary to initiate the loop.

I consider myself quite experienced with the various solutions around voip to gain free phone services. Everyone of them has been frustratingly unreliable, difficult to setup, and usually inadequate for anything other than annoying the other party with echo, cut outs, or delays in the call. I've had a voip home phone for >10 years (with the same number) that has been as good as a landline and aside from paying the initial access to the sip access, I have not paid one dime form home phone service and Canada wide long distance in those 10+ years. This quality and reliability however comes with using an ATA connected to the router at home. For anyone who's still paying anything for a home phone please stop and buy yourself anything from Obihai and secure yourself a DID from FreePhoneLine.ca, pay for the SIP registration details, set it up and forget about it. In my opinion this is better than any carrier provided VOIP service or DID providers like voip.ms which charge monthly usually starting at $5. You can use sip credentials from any VOIP provider though but if you're paying monthly you might already have this service. I want FREE!

I was searching endlessly for a solution that didn't involve the complexity of setting up or managing SIP trunks and paying subscription or per/minute fees. After all, we're trying to extend our cell plan without paying more right? So I was blown away when I came across this solution. It's a very very simple app for android OR a very simple website option for any OS. It might cost a few bytes to send the request but there's nothing this easy or cheap as free! I've even exchanged a few emails with the author of this app.

So here's the setup - Google Store - search SIP Mobile Callback by sip.uno. This app lets you enter your sip credentials once and thereafter you simply enter your destination number - the app calls you back with your sip account and then (by option) automatically connects to the other number. There are NO ADS and the app is FREE! If you're on iOS or you don't trust an app or you just want to test it - go to http://sip.uno for the same interface. Actually the website remembered my credentials as well after entering once so using the app or website is as easy as entering your destination number and pressing 'Contact'. Incredibly important benefit of this service is that it doesn't seem to 'Register' with the voip provider so if you are using your account with an ATA or something like voiper it will flip back to those for uninterrupted operation.

Summary - if you have a phone plan with unlimited incoming minutes like the current $15 Public Mobile or the old Wind offering - you now have unlimited outgoing for free. As this service connects your cell phone to the biggest privately held CLEC in Canada which in turn terminates your call with any number of CLECs over ultra speed servers this is pretty much the same reliability as calling out on a cell plan except free. No more VOIP issues like echo, delays, loss of duplex sound, termination or downgraded voice quality with spotty wifi and NO DATA usage aside from that first contact request which might be a few bytes of data.

My plan --
** Home Line ** Freephoneline.ca - free DID number at home with canada wide calling - unlimited - no monthly charges - free for over 10 years and ultra reliable

**Mobile VOIP ** I can use my Freephoneline credentials on android native dialer, zoiper, etc OR I can also get FONGO app with free DID and unlimited calling (lots of free options in this category), OR the best yet is free outgoing calls with Google Assistant (?also available on iOS?) - no extra app - just ask Google assistant to call a number or one of your contacts! I just recently tried that on my google home mini (Spotify promotion) and I was blown away how simple that is - no registration, no hassle, no charges! "Hey Google, call ###-###-####" or "Hey Google, call *****" where *** is a name from your contacts with your associated Google/Gmail account.

** Cellular Phone ** Public Mobile's latest offering $13 ($15-$2) I get unlimited incoming minutes, unlimited international text, voice mail, caller id, and 100 canada wide outgoing minutes. That plan also has 250Mb data more than enough with/without wifi access to have email, messaging app, light web browsing, and call back initiation. I was on the $8 plan but with unlimited incoming and texts there's nothing in North America that even comes close to this $13 plan. After anniversary and referral bonuses this could also turn out to be free in time.

Despite all the press about Canadians getting stuffed with the most expensive cell service in the world, I can now say the above must come close to the cheapest telecommunications package in the WORLD! I know this post is long but it's far easier than it seems to set these things up once and then forget about them. No per minute charges, no extra charges, no network access fees, no 911 fees (freephoneline charges on a call basis), no overage usage risks, almost never to experience VOIP issues, reliable cell coverage through Telus, Canada wide calling for free, and no headaches. Going with Public Mobile has brought this all together and as I have few referral bonuses I only pay $8 per month for all things combined. (mic drop, a giggle, and running away like I stole it). It feels cult like in talking about all this which does appear to good to be true but it's real, it's right there, and you can have it all too!
Last edited by silicone on Jun 2nd, 2019 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thread Summary
Download sip.uno app. It will let you call someone using voice by calling you back. So it become "incoming minute". Perfect for people who has small amount of internet connectivity and free incoming minutes.
27 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2238 posts
987 upvotes
Just to make sure I get this straight - you are willingly giving out your SIP passwords to some unknown folks?
iamalittlepepper wrote:
Aug 13th, 2012 2:55 am
Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote:
Jan 13th, 2015 12:56 pm
you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Nov 30, 2016
224 posts
186 upvotes
Mississauga
Is this an ad? Gosh this post is difficult to follow.
[OP]
Aug 13, 2004
724 posts
172 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm not sure why you think that - your credentials are encrypted and not stored except in the app. The website saved data is encrypted and saved by your web browser not the service so you're issue is more aptly applied to Google Chrome or whatever browser * you choose * to 'save your passwords' with.

Thanks for the down vote though -- you should really learn more before you make those assumptions. You can read the description for the app which details the security or if you're that paranoid I encourage you to reach out the provider. I've emailed a few times the author of this app and he's extremely approachable and helpful. Incredibly generous for a FREE APP.

Disclaimer -- I gain nothing from sharing this, there is no referral system, and I have no connection to the author of the app. It just works and it's free instead of those services which charge monthly for this.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
3325 posts
3153 upvotes
Montreal
Gangsta101 wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2019 4:56 pm
It will be simple if you read it from somewhere else...
How it works? You configure the application with details of your SIP account and your phone number. Then you enter number that you want to call or pick it from your device contacts. The application first call your phone and then place call to the destination. Yes, it is that simple. You can find this option useful when your Internet connection cannot be used for reliable high quality VOIP call. SIP Mobile Callback only uses your Internet connection to exchange small data packets with sip.uno server in order to initiate and control the call.
https://androidforums.com/threads/sip-u ... n.1111590/

Basically, for this solution to work, your SIP account should support 2 channels. One to call your phone and another one to call to the destination. If you have VOIP provider like voip.ms then you will be charged double for every call as it using your voip.ms to dial to 2 phone numbers for every call.
Last edited by X360 on Jun 2nd, 2019 5:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nov 7, 2003
713 posts
193 upvotes
So this is a call-back service to make use of free incoming minutes?

I thought this was already available... BUT - if I try to read the long post.... this is a free version of the same.

You could for example pay for your SIP information from Fongo and you would be good to go.

So "YAY" I guess?
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!

Koodo $40 6GB plan with 2GB added and a $6 credit
Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X2 for the parents
Some Apple stuffs
Some Android stuffs

#ImCoolNow
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2005
1350 posts
504 upvotes
What's the catch man in the middle attack? listening and recording your conversation?
Apr 14, 2017
505 posts
459 upvotes
What is the point if you still need unlimited incoming calls + data plan?
Feb 11, 2016
287 posts
190 upvotes
I fail to see the appeal here. Google Hangouts has free USA/Canada calling. Even if you don't have data/wifi, you can get a plan with unlimited calling for $25(Public Mobile).

Who is out there who can't afford $25/month? You need to get your priorities straight. The minimum wage is about $11, so 2.5 hours of work would pay for a $25 plan.
Oct 12, 2005
349 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto
OP glad this works for you, IMO i dont see any value here as you still need a SIP account and have data to initiate this call back.

Further, providing your own SIP credentials to an unknown is akin to giving your phone to a random stranger when asked not knowing what the heck they will do with it ( Fraud, terrorism, etc...)

Back in the day when callbacks where very popular, it was initiated via a call to number that didnt answer ( so no charge) and then that would call you back and you would dial the number. No SIP credentials or data needed. Having this FREE would be valuable.
193 upvotes
Hartom wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2019 5:42 pm
OP glad this works for you, IMO i dont see any value here as you still need a SIP account and have data to initiate this call back.

Further, providing your own SIP credentials to an unknown is akin to giving your phone to a random stranger when asked not knowing what the heck they will do with it ( Fraud, terrorism, etc...)

Back in the day when callbacks where very popular, it was initiated via a call to number that didnt answer ( so no charge) and then that would call you back and you would dial the number. No SIP credentials or data needed. Having this FREE would be valuable.
I believe OP is implying that this is an awesome deal if you already have a SIP account that you are or have paid for. Not for me.... but hey, this might work for some peeps.
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!

Koodo $40 6GB plan with 2GB added and a $6 credit
Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X2 for the parents
Some Apple stuffs
Some Android stuffs

#ImCoolNow
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2536 posts
2685 upvotes
Montreal
djredhat wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2019 4:53 pm
(...) you are willingly giving out your SIP passwords to some unknown folks?
Gangsta101 wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2019 4:56 pm
pitabread wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2019 5:27 pm
What's the catch man in the middle attack? listening and recording your conversation?
Let me play Devil's advocate here:

It's O.K. to remain on your guards on RFD and be skeptical but don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Somebody may correct me if I'm wrong but in my case, with a VoIP.ms account, even if you had my SIP credentials, that wouldn't get you very far as I keep about $15 (max) in my account and the password to my SIP is different from the main account for settings, etc. You would drain my $15 account to zero only once. Hardly a big security risk.

Let's not go hysterical here, listening? Fraud? Terrorism? Really? If someone would listen to my calls, they would find them very boring. Why would someone bother to use my SIP for fraud when it's so easy to get one anonymously. Terrorism? I'm sure Ben Laden knew how to get a few burners. Lol!
pny128 wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2019 5:36 pm
What is the point if you still need unlimited incoming calls + data plan?
The idea is that there are plans with unlimited incoming calls that are cheaper than regular unlimited plans.
Also, since this idea demands very little data, it permits you to get away with a very small data plan.
frugalfruit wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2019 5:41 pm
(...) Who is out there who can't afford $25/month? (...)
Madam or Sir, that is blasphemy! May I remind you that you are on RFD where many would do ungodly things to save a nickel on a chocolate bar!
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
1925 posts
1537 upvotes
X360 wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2019 5:12 pm
[...]
Basically, for this solution to work, your SIP account should support 2 channels. One to call your phone and another one to call to the destination. If you have VOIP provider like voip.ms then you will be charged double for every call as it using your voip.ms to dial to 2 phone numbers for every call.
My understanding is that the incoming call (from sip.uno to your phone) is a regular cellular voice call (using your airtime), not a VOIP call; as such, you should not need 2-channel support in your SIP account.
Even without a data plan, one could step into a McDonald's and use their WIFI to initiate the call-back within this app, then one can walk away (since no data nor WIFI coverage are needed from that point on).
My main worry is that their app (in the Google Play Store) was launched in 2017, yet it is still on version 1.0 and it has only 6 reviews (all positive).
Aug 9, 2007
455 posts
151 upvotes
Why not get a data only tablet plan $15/3GB and make calls with a sip client directly? Am i missing something?
[OP]
Aug 13, 2004
724 posts
172 upvotes
Vancouver
Thank you - Temporel gets it 100% and more.

This thread has been crapped on and down voted by people who don't understand it and lack the desire to have a cell plan for a fraction of the cost vs they one they are so ... I guess summarising the fact that my telecommunications services cost me all of $8 a month vs theirs which cost multiple times that much is worthy of a down vote. Oh well - I hope someone benefits from this knowledge. For those that think voip.ms is a deal with monthly and per minute charges I really can't help them as they seem bent on giving away their money - how anti-RFD is that?

It's a call back on your cell phone! It's not VOIP to your cell phone! For those who can't see the difference and advantages to that then I can't help you as you seem bent on giving your money away or are satisfied with VOIP calling on your phone.

Finally, if you are so paranoid that you worry about irrational and impossible things I can't help you. Man in the middle??? That's only possible if your voip provider was compromised or you somehow think that the author of this app wants to pay termination fees to listen to your call - you're not that important trust me. Sip credentials - they are given to someone else, the are encrypted and the worst that can happen is your balance is used up with somebody like voip.ms but on freephoneline.ca i have no account balance and so nothing could ever happen to my plan - I incur no fees whatsoever on my home phone. Yes I paid for the credentials over 10 years ago - the ROI on that was a matter of months with the cost of DID's and phone service.

Sad i wasted my time on this submission as it's info that I searched high and low for, always had questions about, and found all other solutions too complicated or expensive for what they were - VOIP.

I'm ok with VOIP via an ATA at home - every other use of VOIP has good and bad times - -I just don't want to deal with the bad times especially when you're paying for it. Anyway, I hope people who understand it's possible to have unlimited everything with a cheap $15 plan find their way to this thread and are encouraged to give it a try. Many have resorted to voip.ms type solutions for this but I could never understand paying yet another monthly fee for it.