Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Future Shop

HOT? FS: Kingston 2GB DDR2 Laptop or Desktop Memory - $14.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2010 2:20 pm
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
Ghetto_Child wrote: Ran MemTest86 v3.3 on default tests using just 1x2GB Kingston module no other ram, it found a lot of errors. I went through the config options and found I can change memory timings within the MemTest86 running.

Here's the default settings I was presented with:
AMD64 Options
Rd-Wr Delay: 3
Wr-Rd Delay: 1
Rd/Wr Bypass: 2
Refresh Rate: 3.9us
Command Rate: 1T
Row Cycle Time: 9
RAS-RAS Delay: 2
Write Recovery: 3

I can also set tRCD, tRP, tRAS but the current values are not displayed.

Anyone know what values they should be for this ram? I'm running a Turion64 X2 TL-50 256K on an Acer Aspire 5050-5278. I think the ram defaults to DDR2-667.

What's with the tag at the top of this thread stating "ddr2800 @ 5-5-5-15"?

Here's something funny, 1x1GB DDR2-667 Kingston is $20 more than 1x2GB DDR2-667 Kingston http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/prodde ... 541&catid=
The tag may indicate that somebody successfully o/c'd the desktop RAM.

As for your laptop - check that it can be expanded to 4GB total RAM. It may have a 2GB limit, like some desktops do.
Somebody removed my sig for no reason, without even telling me.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2004
5047 posts
151 upvotes
Montreal, QC, Canada
-Ziploc- wrote: That looks fantastic. But my laptop takes 400mhz DDR1330 sticks. (I just took one out to see the model)

Is this compatible?
As I thought you're using DDR3 memory. So your system is too fast and too advanced for this ram [IMG]http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/imag ... icon14.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/imag ... /icon6.gif[/IMG]
Ebay Feedback Score:55 | 68 Pos | 100%
My Heat 25-1-0

[POST=5799853]Best Quality DVD Burn I've Seen[/POST]
My Sale/Trade Lists [THREAD=399765]Computers[/THREAD]
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
Ghetto_Child wrote: As I thought you're using DDR3 memory. So your system is too fast and too advanced for this ram [IMG]http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/imag ... icon14.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/imag ... /icon6.gif[/IMG]
Haha, I thought he was talking about DDR(1) 333MHz RAM. :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2004
5047 posts
151 upvotes
Montreal, QC, Canada
Tornado F2 wrote: The tag may indicate that somebody successfully o/c'd the desktop RAM.

As for your laptop - check that it can be expanded to 4GB total RAM. It may have a 2GB limit, like some desktops do.
somehow I doubt that a laptop running a Turion64 X2 will be limited to 2GB of ram, kind of defeats the benefit of being XP-64/Vista-64/Win7-64 compatible. Also AMDs have their memory controllers inside the CPU so there shouldn't be a BIOS limitation the way I see it.

The max ram I had installed when the failure occured was 3GB (1x2GB & 1x1GB). Anyway I'm looking for chipset timings to stress Memtest86 v3.5 SMP.

I also found out the hard way that you have to avoid testing the RAM reserved for video memory. The screen fuzzes and the system locks up if you don't. I've been able to set the lower limit of testable ram to 36MB when I reserve 64MB for video memory in the BIOS.
My Heat 25-1-0

Aug 30, 2007
263 posts
259 upvotes
FS: Canceled my store pickup order that i had done online. I called the customer service and was told that there's nothing that they can do.

How do i get this ram at 15$ ??
Wait till the store has some in stock?
Pay for the shipping?
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
Ghetto_Child wrote: somehow I doubt that a laptop running a Turion64 X2 will be limited to 2GB of ram, kind of defeats the benefit of being XP-64/Vista-64/Win7-64 compatible. Also AMDs have their memory controllers inside the CPU so there shouldn't be a BIOS limitation the way I see it.

The max ram I had installed when the failure occured was 3GB (1x2GB & 1x1GB). Anyway I'm looking for chipset timings to stress Memtest86 v3.5 SMP.

I also found out the hard way that you have to avoid testing the RAM reserved for video memory. The screen fuzzes and the system locks up if you don't. I've been able to set the lower limit of testable ram to 36MB when I reserve 64MB for video memory in the BIOS.
I was going off something I recently discovered - that my Intel desktop mbd can't accept more than 2GB of RAM, even though it supports dual-core processors. Disappointing.

But you're right, recent AMD processors have the memory controller on-chip, so the mbd is not a factor. My laptop has an AMD chip and seems to be working fine with a 2GB and a 1GB, though I lose the dual-channel speed boost. I'm not sure what the effect would be if I added a 2nd 2GB in place of the 1GB, as my Vista is 32-bit.

BTW:SiSoft Sandra shows my memory as 5-5-5-15, if that helps.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
6207 posts
113 upvotes
Ottawa
guys - ever since i did the ram upgrade on my 13.3 macbook, my battery won't accept charges...coincidence?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2004
5047 posts
151 upvotes
Montreal, QC, Canada
That's very unusual skanji. They shouldn't be related as the battery charges independant of the system. Not sure if it's safe to remove/install the battery while the unit is in operation on the AC power. It's usually only safe to plug AC in while already using battery but never heard of the opposite.
Tornado F2 wrote: ...My laptop has an AMD chip and seems to be working fine with a 2GB and a 1GB, though I lose the dual-channel speed boost. I'm not sure what the effect would be if I added a 2nd 2GB in place of the 1GB, as my Vista is 32-bit.

BTW:SiSoft Sandra shows my memory as 5-5-5-15, if that helps.
Yeah memtest also shows the soDIMM is 5-5-5-15 but memtest says 400MHz DDR800 not sure if that's just a reporting limitation of memtest.

If you install 2x2GB you'll get your dual channel back but you'll only be able to use something between 3.2-3.7GB of ram. However I believe turning virtual memory completely off will give you the full 4GB of ram. It's the virtual memory that cuts into available ram due to the 4GB limit (4294MB to be exact 2
My Heat 25-1-0

Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2006
1035 posts
256 upvotes
Waterloo
[quote="Ghetto_Child" post_id="8307557" time="1235342397" user_id="15689"]If you install 2x2GB you'll get your dual channel back but you'll only be able to use something between 3.2-3.7GB of ram. However I believe turning virtual memory completely off will give you the full 4GB of ram. It's the virtual memory that cuts into available ram due to the 4GB limit (4294MB to be exact 2
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1078 posts
663 upvotes
Somewhere between Mi…
vinman152000 wrote: FS: Canceled my store pickup order that i had done online. I called the customer service and was told that there's nothing that they can do.

How do i get this ram at 15$ ??
Wait till the store has some in stock?
Pay for the shipping?
Call customer service and put in a complaint. Worked for me and about a week later I got an email from them that I could get it for sale price. Escalate to a supervisor if necessary. They must put in an official complaint with tracking number
Aug 30, 2007
263 posts
259 upvotes
noway wrote: Call customer service and put in a complaint. Worked for me and about a week later I got an email from them that I could get it for sale price. Escalate to a supervisor if necessary. They must put in an official complaint with tracking number
thanks, i'll try that. I had called and was told to go to the store. Never got a chance to do so. I'll call Customer service and will post the status on that complaint afterwards.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2004
5047 posts
151 upvotes
Montreal, QC, Canada
pigqq wrote: The 3.2G limit has nothing to do with the virtual memory. Whatever size you set as virtual memory, you still have the 3.2G limit shown in your 32-bit windows.
Could it be the ram reserved for video memory cutting down that much?
My Heat 25-1-0

Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2004
5047 posts
151 upvotes
Montreal, QC, Canada
2GB Kingston 99U5295-011.A00LF RMN2-667/2G PC2-5300 DDR2-667 the SPD on these modules are not write-protected :twisted: . I was able to reflash the SPD to DDR2-800 settings using the program Thaiphoon Burner. Lavalys Everest Ultimate v5.50 now state that the modules are indeed 400MHz DDR2-800 6-6-6-18.
My Heat 25-1-0

Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
Ghetto_Child wrote: 2GB Kingston 99U5295-011.A00LF RMN2-667/2G PC2-5300 DDR2-667 the SPD on these modules are not write-protected :twisted: . I was able to reflash the SPD to DDR2-800 settings using the program Thaiphoon Burner. Lavalys Everest Ultimate v5.50 now state that the modules are indeed 400MHz DDR2-800 6-6-6-18.
Wow, long-dead thread! :D

It's often better to have fast ram rated at a lower speed anyway. That way you can increase the FSB on your mbd, OCing your CPU, without pushing the memory beyond its limits. I regularly used "333MHz" ram in my systems, with the FSB increased by 20% or so, keeping the ram around the 400MHz range, and never ran into any problems. I think the best OC that I achieved, using stock cooling, was a 2.7GHz Celeron running at 3.45GHz. I believe my ram on that build ended up running at just over 400MHz.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2004
5047 posts
151 upvotes
Montreal, QC, Canada
Well the module I posted about is So-DIMM laptop ram. I was just posting to help let people know they don't really need to buy faster ram if they have this model.
My Heat 25-1-0

Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
Ghetto_Child wrote: Well the module I posted about is So-DIMM laptop ram. I was just posting to help let people know they don't really need to buy faster ram if they have this model.
Ah, that could make a difference. You can't usually increase the FSB on a laptop, nor would you normally want to, so faster-rated ram could be a good thing there.

I may have that type of ram in my own laptop. Do you have the link to the program you mentioned?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2004
5047 posts
151 upvotes
Montreal, QC, Canada
http://forum.notebookreview.com/acer/41 ... ost5333093 I followed these directions except for one thing. I manually used the "Editor" button to change the timing tables my self so that I could preserve the serial# and any other original SPD info not related to speed. The instructions at that link will have you replace all your original SPD info with a dump from a completely different module. So if you follow the links instructions entirely you'll end up with a clone of someone else's module right down to identical serial#.

The one concern I'm having with my method is there are several timing details that the program does not give easy access to:

Code: Select all

Address and CMD Setup Time Before Clock (tIS):	0.20 ns
Address and CMD Hold Time After Clock (tIH):	0.27 ns
Data Input Setup Time Before Strobe (tDS):		0.10 ns
Data Input Hold Time After Strobe (tDH):		0.17 ns
Max skew between DQS and all DQ signals (tDQSQ):	0.24 ns
Max Read Data Hold Skew Factor (tQHS):		0.34 ns
All the manufacturer stock DDR2-800 I've looked at have these timings 1 step faster like 0.34ns is 0.30ns on 800MHz and 0.20ns is 0.17ns and 0.27ns is 0.25ns on 800MHz
My Heat 25-1-0

Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
Ghetto_Child wrote: http://forum.notebookreview.com/acer/41 ... ost5333093 I followed these directions except for one thing. I manually used the "Editor" button to change the timing tables my self so that I could preserve the serial# and any other original SPD info not related to speed. The instructions at that link will have you replace all your original SPD info with a dump from a completely different module. So if you follow the links instructions entirely you'll end up with a clone of someone else's module right down to identical serial#.

The one concern I'm having with my method is there are several timing details that the program does not give easy access to:

Address and CMD Setup Time Before Clock (tIS):	0.20 ns
Address and CMD Hold Time After Clock (tIH):	0.27 ns
Data Input Setup Time Before Strobe (tDS):		0.10 ns
Data Input Hold Time After Strobe (tDH):		0.17 ns
Max skew between DQS and all DQ signals (tDQSQ):	0.24 ns
Max Read Data Hold Skew Factor (tQHS):		0.34 ns
All the manufacturer stock DDR2-800 I've looked at have these timings 1 step faster like 0.34ns is 0.30ns on 800MHz and 0.20ns is 0.17ns and 0.27ns is 0.25ns on 800MHz
So you need to have access to a DDR2 800MHz SODIMM and copy it's specs over to your 667MHz module? :?: I'm not sure I can get access to an 800MHz module short of buying one then returning it, so I don't think I'll be bothering doing this. I only have a Celeron CPU in my laptop so I'm not really worried about speeding it up anyway. My desktops are where I try to crank out extra speed.

I'm not sure I like the sound of this program anyway. It sounds like something that an unscrupulous supplier could use to fool customers into thinking they were buying better (800MHz) ram than they actually were (667MHz or slower).

Also, I notice it is called Thaiphoon, as in Thailand, a known hotspot for virus creators. I think I'm going to steer well clear, at least until I find I have a real need for such a utility. Too many potential risks for no obvious gain for me.

Good luck with your efforts though. Post again here if you find it improves your system's performance much. (Or otherwise).
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2004
5047 posts
151 upvotes
Montreal, QC, Canada
429KB screenshot
[IMG]http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u127 ... Editor.png[/IMG]

actually the program is very good. Yes it can be used to fool a customer but if the seller uses the program right the RAM will become what they say without any problems like a permanent overclock. SPD is ALWAYS a software crippling device anyway. This method is exactly how RAM module manufacturers program the SPD. DRAM is always faster than the rate it is being sold at that's why people can overclock it. SPD is only telling the chipset how many cycles must pass before the DRAM chip is ready for the next transaction state. SPD records this table for 3 speeds but it's up to the manufacturer of the module to chose which 3 speeds they want to write tables for. The modules can be run at any speed the manufacturer wants as long as the wait states are represented correctly.

For example DDR2 commonly must wait 15ns each for CAS/CL and RCD and RP and 45ns for RAS. You can find this true for modules in all speed categories. Now if you run the module at DDR2-667 (333MHz cycles) then 1 cycle is 3ns so you tell the chipset to wait 5 cycles for CAS/CL, RCD, RP (5x2.5=15ns) and 15 cycles for RAS (15x3=45ns). If you take that exact same module and run it at DDR2-533 (266MHz) 3.75ns/cycle then you need 4 cycles x 3.75ns = 15ns for CAS/CL, RCD, RP and 12 cycles for RAS. Now taking that same module and running it at DDR2-800 (400MHz) is 2.5ns per cycle and requires 6 cycles for CAS/CL, RCD, RP and 18 cycles for RAS.

If you try to use a smaller number of cycles with the same module then you need to be sure that the black DRAM chips actually need less than 15ns for CAS/CL, RCD, RP, and less than 45ns for RAS. If it does then it means you actually have much faster DRAM chips. If you try to raise the speed of the module to say DDR2-1066 (533MHz) 1.875ns per cycle then you need to be sure your chipset can use numbers as high as 8 or 8.5 ticks for CAS/CL, RCD, RP and 24 or 24.5 ticks for RAS.

If you raise the speed you need to raise the wait clock ticks accordingly so that the wait period in ns is not beyond what the DRAM chip can handle. Just to be clear DRAM chip is the black chips on the green module PCB.

You can get the SPD dump of hundreds of SDR, DDR, and DDR2 modules through Thaiphoon Burner. It has a database downloader organized by type, speed, manufacturer, and module part#. I also found zip files of huge SPD collections at the same location where you download Thaiphoon Burner from.

A great many users from notebookreview.com forum have used it and it works perfect I'm just trying to find a way to increase the speed without cloning a completely different module. By editing the timing tables manually.

actually the program is very good. Yes it can be used to fool a customer but if the seller uses the program right the RAM will become what they say without any problems like a permanent overclock. SPD is ALWAYS a software crippling device anyway. This method is exactly how RAM module manufacturers program the SPD. DRAM is always faster than the rate it is being sold at that's why people can overclock it. SPD is only telling the chipset how many cycles must pass before the DRAM chip is ready for the next transaction state. SPD records this table for 3 speeds but it's up to the manufacturer of the module to chose which 3 speeds they want to write tables for. The modules can be run at any speed the manufacturer wants as long as the wait states are represented correctly.

For example DDR2 commonly must wait 15ns each for CAS/CL and RCD and RP and 45ns for RAS. You can find this true for modules in all speed categories. Now if you run the module at DDR2-667 (333MHz cycles) then 1 cycle is 3ns so you tell the chipset to wait 5 cycles for CAS/CL, RCD, RP (5x2.5=15ns) and 15 cycles for RAS (15x3=45ns). If you take that exact same module and run it at DDR2-533 (266MHz) 3.75ns/cycle then you need 4 cycles x 3.75ns = 15ns for CAS/CL, RCD, RP and 12 cycles for RAS. Now taking that same module and running it at DDR2-800 (400MHz) is 2.5ns per cycle and requires 6 cycles for CAS/CL, RCD, RP and 18 cycles for RAS.

If you try to use a smaller number of cycles with the same module then you need to be sure that the black DRAM chips actually need less than 15ns for CAS/CL, RCD, RP, and less than 45ns for RAS. If it does then it means you actually have much faster DRAM chips. If you try to raise the speed of the module to say DDR2-1066 (533MHz) 1.875ns per cycle then you need to be sure your chipset can use numbers as high as 8 or 8.5 ticks for CAS/CL, RCD, RP and 24 or 24.5 ticks for RAS.

If you raise the speed you need to raise the wait clock ticks accordingly so that the wait period in ns is not beyond what the DRAM chip can handle. Just to be clear DRAM chip is the black chips on the green module PCB.

You can get the SPD dump of hundreds of SDR, DDR, and DDR2 modules through Thaiphoon Burner. It has a database downloader organized by type, speed, manufacturer, and module part#. I also found zip files of huge SPD collections at the same location where you download Thaiphoon Burner from.

A great many users from notebookreview.com forum have used it and it works perfect I'm just trying to find a way to increase the speed without cloning a completely different module. By editing the timing tables manually.

EDIT May 23rd 8:25PM EST:
I may have just found the answer. Those remaining SPD values are stored in Hex addresses 20h-23h, 2Ch, and 2Dh. Thaiphoon Burner v6.8.1.0 lets you edit the Hexa-Decimal SPD dump in the Hex editor and when you click on each value in the layout it displays the Hex address, value, and the corresponding detail full name as displayed in the Report Browser. I'll try editing these values later to see this works. A screenshot of the new version
[IMG]http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u127 ... Editor.png[/IMG]
My Heat 25-1-0

Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2004
5047 posts
151 upvotes
Montreal, QC, Canada
SUCCESS :twisted: :cool: :D I got my 2 different laptop modules to overclock my way by simply editing the timing tables without cloning another module. The last factor that was limiting my modules to 667MHz was the SDRAM Access Time from Clock (tAC) Hex address 0Ah. It was originally set to 45 (0.45 ns) and as soon as I changed it to value 40 (0.40 ns) my laptop booted up stating 800MHz. You have to use the Hex editor Thaiphoon Burner to change that value; along with the 6 other timing values I mentioned in a previous post I thought were inaccessible.

[ EVEREST Ultimate Edition Report ]
    Version		EVEREST v5.50.2100
    Benchmark Module	2.5.292.0
    Homepage		http://www.lavalys.com/
    Report Type		Report Wizard [ TRIAL VERSION ]
    Computer		LAPTOP
    Generator
    Operating System	Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 6.0.6002 (Vista RTM)

[ Overclock ]
    CPU Properties:
      CPU Type		Mobile Intel Core 2 Solo SU3500
      CPU Alias		Penryn-3M
      CPU Stepping		R0
      Engineering Sample	No
      CPUID CPU Name	Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Solo CPU U3500 @ 1.40GHz
      CPUID Revision	0001067Ah
      CPU VID		0.9125 V

CPU Speed:
      CPU Clock		1396.5 MHz  (original: [ TRIAL VERSION ] MHz)
      CPU Multiplier		7x
      CPU FSB		199.5 MHz  (original: 200 MHz)
      Memory Bus		399.0 MHz
      DRAM:FSB Ratio	12:6

CPU Cache:
      L1 Code Cache	32 KB
      L1 Data Cache		[ TRIAL VERSION ]
      L2 Cache		3 MB  (On-Die, ECC, ASC, Full-Speed)

Motherboard Properties:
      Motherboard ID	<DMI>
      Motherboard Name	Acer Aspire 1410

Chipset Properties:
      Motherboard Chipset	Intel Cantiga GS45
      Memory Timings	6-6-6-18  (CL-RCD-RP-RAS)
      DIMM1: Samsung M4 70T5663EH3-CE6	2 GB DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM  (6-6-6-18 @ 400 MHz)  (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz)  (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz)
      DIMM3: Kingston 99U5295-011.A00LF	[ TRIAL VERSION ]

BIOS Properties:
      System BIOS Date	09/24/09
      Video BIOS Date	05/10/09
      DMI BIOS Version	v1.3303

Graphics Processor Properties:
      Video Adapter		Intel GL40/GM45/GM47/GS45 Chipset - Graphics Controller 0 [B-3]
      GPU Code Name	Cantiga-GM  (Integrated 8086 / 2A42, Rev 07)
      GPU Clock		320 MHz

[ Sensor ]
    Sensor Properties:
      Sensor Type	CPU, ACPI

Temperatures:
      CPU		47 °C  (117 °F)
      CPU Diode	47 °C  (117 °F)

Voltage Values:
      CPU Core	0.91 V

[ Motherboard ]
    Motherboard Properties:
      Motherboard ID	<DMI>
      Motherboard Name	Acer Aspire 1410

Front Side Bus Properties:
      Bus Type		Intel AGTL+
      Bus Width		64-bit
      Real Clock		200 MHz (QDR)
      Effective Clock	800 MHz
      Bandwidth		6400 MB/s

Memory Bus Properties:
      Bus Type		Dual DDR2 SDRAM
      Bus Width		128-bit
      DRAM:FSB Ratio	12:6
      Real Clock		400 MHz (DDR)
      Effective Clock	800 MHz

[ SPD ]
  [ DIMM1: Samsung M4 70T5663EH3-CE6 ]

Memory Module Properties:
      Module Name		Samsung M4 70T5663EH3-CE6
      Serial Number
      Manufacture Date	Week 13 / 2009
      Module Size		2 GB (2 ranks, 8 banks)
      Module Type		SO-DIMM
      Memory Type		DDR2 SDRAM
      Memory Speed		DDR2-800 (400 MHz)
      Module Width		64 bit
      Module Voltage	SSTL 1.8
      Error Detection Method	None
      Refresh Rate		Reduced (7.8 us), Self-Refresh

Memory Timings:
      @ 400 MHz		6-6-6-18  (CL-RCD-RP-RAS) / 24-51-3-6-3-3  (RC-RFC-RRD-WR-WTR-RTP)
      @ 333 MHz		5-5-5-15  (CL-RCD-RP-RAS) / 20-43-3-5-3-3  (RC-RFC-RRD-WR-WTR-RTP)
      @ 266 MHz		4-4-4-12  (CL-RCD-RP-RAS) / 16-34-2-4-2-2  (RC-RFC-RRD-WR-WTR-RTP)

Memory Module Manufacturer:
      Company Name	Samsung

[ DIMM3: [ TRIAL VERSION ] ]

Memory Module Properties:
      Module Name		[ TRIAL VERSION ]
      Serial Number
      Manufacture Date	Week 34 / 2008
      Module Size		2 GB (2 ranks, 8 banks)
      Module Type		[ TRIAL VERSION ]
      Memory Type		DDR2 SDRAM
      Memory Speed		DDR2-800 (400 MHz)
      Module Width		64 bit
      Module Voltage	SSTL 1.8
      Error Detection Method	None
      Refresh Rate	Reduced (7.8 us), Self-Refresh

Memory Timings:
      @ 400 MHz	6-6-6-18  (CL-RCD-RP-RAS) / 24-51-3-6-3-3  (RC-RFC-RRD-WR-WTR-RTP)
      @ 333 MHz	5-5-5-15  (CL-RCD-RP-RAS) / 20-43-3-5-3-3  (RC-RFC-RRD-WR-WTR-RTP)
      @ 266 MHz	4-4-4-12  (CL-RCD-RP-RAS) / 16-34-2-4-2-2  (RC-RFC-RRD-WR-WTR-RTP)

Memory Module Manufacturer:
      Company Name	Kingston Technology Company, Inc.

[ Chipset ]
  [ North Bridge: Intel Cantiga GS45 ]

North Bridge Properties:
      North Bridge			Intel Cantiga GS45
      Supported FSB Speeds		FSB533, FSB667, FSB800, FSB1066
      Supported Memory Types	DDR2-667 SDRAM, DDR2-800 SDRAM, DDR3-667 SDRAM, DDR3-800 SDRAM, DDR3-1066 SDRAM
      Maximum Memory Amount	8 GB
      Revision / Stepping		07 / B3
      Package Type			1363 Pin FC-BGA
      Package Size			2.7 cm x 2.5 cm
      Core Voltage			1.05 V
      In-Order Queue Depth		12

Memory Controller:
      Type		Dual Channel  (128-bit)
      Active Mode	Dual Channel  (128-bit)

Memory Timings:
      CAS Latency (CL)			6T
      RAS To CAS Delay (tRCD)		6T
      RAS Precharge (tRP)			6T
      RAS Active Time (tRAS)			18T
      Row Refresh Cycle Time (tRFC)		51T
      RAS To RAS Delay (tRRD)		3T
      Read To Precharge Delay (tRTP)		5T
      Four Activate Window Delay (tFAW)	15T
      Write CAS Latency (tWCL)		5T
      Refresh Period (tREF)			7.8 us

Error Correction:
      ECC			Not Supported
      ChipKill ECC		Not Supported
      RAID			Not Supported
      ECC Scrubbing		Not Supported

Memory Slots:
      DRAM Slot #1	2 GB  (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM)
      DRAM Slot #2	2 GB  (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM)
Turns out everything is editable via the Hex editor in both Thaiphoon Burner versions; the difference is the older version requires pressing the enter key to apply the changed value. If you you move to another address without pressing enter in the old version the original value will return and no changes will take place. Also editing via the Hex editor updates the modified Hex addresses immediately to the SPD on the RAM module, in both versions, without needing to do a full write of the entire SPD. So don't reboot or press enter until you're sure you want to try your new values.

After I stress test this RAM for stability I'll try tweaking those other 6 timing values and see if I can boost performance. So far from making tAC=0.45ns down to 0.40ns I got a 200MB/s boost in the Read benchmark. I bought 2 of these RMN2-667/2G 99U5295-011.A00LF modules and for some reason each module has different part numbers on the black DRAM chips but the same part number for the green PCB module & sticker label. Do you guys believe the Windows Memory Diagnostic in the Windows Recovery Environment is sufficient for stress testing or should I use Prime95?
My Heat 25-1-0

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)