Expired Group Deals

Locked: HOT! GTA Only $40 for $100 Worth of Organical and Natural Meats from The Butchers

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2011 9:02 am
[OP]
Oct 16, 2008
503 posts
20 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

HOT! GTA Only $40 for $100 Worth of Organical and Natural Meats from The Butchers

Found this over on the food snob website that I frequent - so it should be some pretty good quality meat!

I'm a bit weary of deals of this nature - but a couple people have vouched for it - so here it is.

Note: Limited Quantity Available

http://dealcatch.com/deal/16524/e/10

Their website:

http://www.thebutchersorganic.com/index2.html
18 replies
May 12, 2004
16 posts
Thanks OP..bought 2!
[OP]
Oct 16, 2008
503 posts
20 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Kent wrote: Thanks OP..bought 2!

You're welcome. Especially good for those of us that have freezers!
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
3914 posts
325 upvotes
Markham
you forgot to press "thanks" for the OP ;)
Kent wrote: Thanks OP..bought 2!
[OP]
Oct 16, 2008
503 posts
20 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
mark_in_2k wrote: Should maybe put GTA only in the title.

Good point. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2004
2778 posts
119 upvotes
Sudbury
Justpete wrote: Good point. Thanks.

and maybe remove your referral link as it's not allowed on RFD. It's also posted in the wrong section, there is a section for Group Deals.
"What an emotionally wrecking of the stomach game"
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2008
1669 posts
925 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone know how much some of their meats cost? Need a basis for knowing how hot of a deal this is...
[OP]
Oct 16, 2008
503 posts
20 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
shamans wrote: Anyone know how much some of their meats cost? Need a basis for knowing how hot of a deal this is...

Reportedly, the Lean Ground Beef is $5.99/lb or $6.99 for Extra Lean. This should give you an idea by which to measure.

Remember, this is organic, naturally raised meat, so there's going to be a premium - but I don't know how much ground beef goes for at Sobey's. I only eat Organic from places like Healthy Butcher and Cumbrae's, and now this place too. :)
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2004
1884 posts
218 upvotes
Dieppe, NB
Great selection of organic meats and "ready-to-cook" marinated meats.

Bought from them several times, even though I live/work in Markham its still worth a drive down to Yonge/Eglinton on day off to stock up.

Love their organic bacon!

Wife insisted on trying their products, and been hooked ever since...considering the quality and now the hot deal its worth trying out for those who are sitting on the fence.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2007
1277 posts
51 upvotes
Double check about the start date of the coupon before going - last December they had a similar "group" deal through Kijiji and I bought one and went a day after the offer expired (i.e. the date that the deal was officially supposed to start and the start date that was listed on my Kijiji coupon printout) but when I got there and tried to use the coupon the person at the counter said that the Kijiji coupons won't be accepted until 2011 because there's another group deal going on with Captain Save and they only accept one group coupon at a time. I was pretty peeved to say the least since I had to go out of my way to get there. The fact that this deal is going on right now makes me think that they might not accept these until a month or so later since the Kijiji coupons from December are now active. Apparently these guys love signing up for these group deals
[OP]
Oct 16, 2008
503 posts
20 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
onehaehyuk wrote: Double check about the start date of the coupon before going - last December they had a similar "group" deal through Kijiji and I bought one and went a day after the offer expired (i.e. the date that the deal was officially supposed to start and the start date that was listed on my Kijiji coupon printout) but when I got there and tried to use the coupon the person at the counter said that the Kijiji coupons won't be accepted until 2011 because there's another group deal going on with Captain Save and they only accept one group coupon at a time. I was pretty peeved to say the least since I had to go out of my way to get there. The fact that this deal is going on right now makes me think that they might not accept these until a month or so later since the Kijiji coupons from December are now active. Apparently these guys love signing up for these group deals

I called them directly using the phone number on the site - they are definitely aware of the deal and are honouring it. It says right on the link "Expires 1 Yr from date of purchase.".

It also says "The deal went live on 14 Jan 2011 05:00 AM (EST)"

The only caveat is that apparently it needs to be bought all at once.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2008
1669 posts
925 upvotes
Vancouver
Bought 2 to try....they sounded really busy when I called them on phone so I didn't ask too much.

Would've bought more if it was hotter but there's simply not enough info.
Jan 28, 2002
643 posts
107 upvotes
shamans wrote: Anyone know how much some of their meats cost? Need a basis for knowing how hot of a deal this is...

+1....how about steaks (i.e., striploin, ribeye, etc...) or even chicken products (whole, breast, etc...) ....much appreciated.

cheers.
[OP]
Oct 16, 2008
503 posts
20 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
harry wrote: +1....how about steaks (i.e., striploin, ribeye, etc...) or even chicken products (whole, breast, etc...) ....much appreciated.

cheers.

Count 5 posts above yours. There's also a number you can call on the deal website. Maybe try calling them.
Jun 22, 2003
429 posts
36 upvotes
A friend emailed me about this on the weekend. I bought 5.
May 9, 2007
14 posts
Toronto
Does anyone know if it applies to their sausages or frozen pre-made foods??
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
1936 posts
749 upvotes
Toronto
mopkba12345 wrote: Does anyone know if it applies to their sausages or frozen pre-made foods??

If you look at the discussion section on the deal site, someone has asked that and the answer is the voucher is good for anything in the store.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2006
1507 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
A few questions; which people here may or may not be able to answer.

Can we use more than one at a time? There was no restrictions put up, and knowing this business has done deal sites in the past I'm sure they would be aware that they should put a limit of 1 per visit if that was their intent.

Does anyone know their delivery area limits?

Do you think they are in a poor financial situation at the moment? I know the intent of these deal sites is marketing, offer a deal to create a larger customer base. But they did a deal before Christmas, they had this deal and now they are on https://www.webpiggy.com/ either its working really well for them, and they can offer these deals because they don't loose much with their markup or there is something else going on.

Does anyone know if dealgetters gives refunds if a business goes out of business or can't honor deals. A lot of deals/group buy sites offer this just not sure about dealgetters.

I'm also not trying to alarm anyone, I think there is a better chance that these deals are just working well for them and they we're impressed with how well their deal before Christmas worked. But when you see them doing so many of these deals it makes you think. Especially when over 2000 dealgetter deals were sold, which is essentially a $120,000+whatever dealgetters cut is worth of an advertising cost. Now they can afford more on this type of marketing because everyone participating becomes a customer, and will translate into greater repeat customers than other marketing. But if they sell 1500 or so deals with webpiggy plus their previous deal, they are looking at a $250,000-300,000 advertising cost or $685+ a day for a year giving away "free" meat.