Computers & Electronics

HOT HOT HOT Liberal Party joined the fight agains UBB ! Clement is retreating ?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2011 10:52 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2001
3785 posts
273 upvotes
Kitchener

HOT HOT HOT Liberal Party joined the fight agains UBB ! Clement is retreating ?

Please show them that you appreciate the help even if you're not a liberal. I am not but right now I respect them for this move.

http://www.liberal.ca/ubb/

It is not worth getting irritated, it is not worth it.... Wish everyone happiness, and you yourself will be happy.
20 replies
Banned
Apr 13, 2009
3874 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
I'm not a Liberal, but UBB may be a big enough issue for me to switch sides from the Conservatives.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2007
2043 posts
178 upvotes
York Region
diggler649 wrote: I'm not a Liberal, but UBB may be a big enough issue for me to switch sides from the Conservatives.

I'll even vote NDP if they will stop this UBB thing.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2006
4384 posts
480 upvotes
</3 ubb!!
Questrade | Crypto.com | BlockFi | Public Mobile
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15094 posts
2695 upvotes
Made a small donation to show the appreciation. Go IGGY!
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10863 posts
3065 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
unfortunately, I think the Liberals are just taking advantage of the situation to garner some money and support. Notice that they don't say "We are against this because it is a bad decision". Instead, they say "You did this. By raising your voices in unprecedented numbers on Twitter, Facebook, and by signing petitions through groups like openmedia.ca, we heard you." The Libs have always been known for telling people whatever they want to hear, often giving contradictory statements, depending on who they are speaking to. I don't believe for a second they will fight for this. They are simply trying to ride it for some votes. If they are against it, they should and would have simply come out against it. Instead, as they openly admit, they are only against it because people made some noise.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2006
5148 posts
100 upvotes
And all they've said is that they heard us (duh!). Not that they'll necessarily do anything except defuse and defer and study the matter and request the CRTC to take another look. Save your donations and keep the pressure on! Demand action, not words.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
3042 posts
21 upvotes
I was with them until the 4th paragraph.. Where they missed the point. They don't need donations or new party members to do their JOB as the opposition.

Still, its good that they're on the right side, even if it is for the wrong reason. Now all we need is the Bloc to get upset - nobody does loud annoying angst better! :)
Sep 19, 2009
796 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
ceredon wrote: unfortunately, I think the Liberals are just taking advantage of the situation to garner some money and support. Notice that they don't say "We are against this because it is a bad decision". Instead, they say "You did this. By raising your voices in unprecedented numbers on Twitter, Facebook, and by signing petitions through groups like openmedia.ca, we heard you." The Libs have always been known for telling people whatever they want to hear, often giving contradictory statements, depending on who they are speaking to. I don't believe for a second they will fight for this. They are simply trying to ride it for some votes. If they are against it, they should and would have simply come out against it. Instead, as they openly admit, they are only against it because people made some noise.

+1

If they get it squashed then great.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2007
2714 posts
508 upvotes
Markham
This is good that it will make others aware of this..
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2009
10900 posts
402 upvotes
GT&A
we must unite and fight this
troll: someone you dislike, fear or do not comprehend...
11b guide
When the doorbell rings, it's just a request. You are not a dog, it is not a command, only a request. You are not in church, you are at home. No guilt.
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10681 posts
3345 upvotes
no one should be prime minister that lived in the USA for what... 30 years?
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
47569 posts
8186 upvotes
Richmond Hill
rubberband wrote: I was with them until the 4th paragraph.. Where they missed the point. They don't need donations or new party members to do their JOB as the opposition.

Still, its good that they're on the right side, even if it is for the wrong reason. Now all we need is the Bloc to get upset - nobody does loud annoying angst better! :)

+1

I'm still going orange for the next election.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2001
3785 posts
273 upvotes
Kitchener
And here is the BIG COINCIDENCE.

Clement is "tweating" his way out of this mess he created in the first place... nothing to do with the Liberal support of repeling UBB... just a coincidence.

[QUOTE]TonyClement_MP Tony Clement
#UBB: let me be clear: our Govt is very concerned about CRTC decision & its impact on consumers, small businesses & all Cdns. /2
7 minutes ago

TonyClement_MP Tony Clement
#UBB: I will be reviewing CRTC decision forthwith with a view to protecting Canadians & promoting choice.
6 minutes ago[/QUOTE]

It is not worth getting irritated, it is not worth it.... Wish everyone happiness, and you yourself will be happy.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2004
2276 posts
225 upvotes
Let me see....... the Liberals promised to get rid of the GST and got elected. LIE - GST never rescinded. It took Harper to reduce it.

Trudeau campaigned against wage and price controls and got elected. LIE - He implemented wage and price controls soon after being elected.

I could go on and on.........

I would vote Liberal if I could trust them. Oh, and who can forget the sponsorship scandal......
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
47569 posts
8186 upvotes
Richmond Hill
peano wrote: Let me see....... the Liberals promised to get rid of the GST and got elected. LIE - GST never rescinded. It took Harper to reduce it.

Trudeau campaigned against wage and price controls and got elected. LIE - He implemented wage and price controls soon after being elected.

I would vote Liberal if I could trust them. Oh, and who can forget the sponsorship scandal......

Well.. how about Joe Clark, Mulroney, and Mike Harass?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2005
2408 posts
555 upvotes
peano wrote: Let me see....... the Liberals promised to get rid of the GST and got elected. LIE - GST never rescinded. It took Harper to reduce it.

Yeah, but politicans lies are within every party. I would rather have a politican lying to me to get elected than what Harper has openly claimed he'd do with a majority. For example, had he won the election in 03 when he was in the opposition, Canada would have been part of Bush's "coalition of the willing" in Iraq. Just one off the top of my head.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2005
3915 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto
look30 wrote: Please show them that you appreciate the help even if you're not a liberal. I am not but right now I respect them for this move.

http://www.liberal.ca/ubb/

Ummm Clement is on our side!
http://ca.reuters.com/article/domesticN ... UB20091211
Today is a great day for the wireless industry in Canada. Industry Minister Tony Clement has overturned the CRTC decision that kept Globalive/Wind Mobile from starting and gave them the green light to to start up its service “without delay:”
http://itnerd.wordpress.com/2009/12/11/ ... eir-pants/
You say get high, I say hello!
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
17934 posts
1499 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
edgedamage wrote: Ummm Clement is on our side!
http://ca.reuters.com/article/domesticN ... UB20091211
Today is a great day for the wireless industry in Canada. Industry Minister Tony Clement has overturned the CRTC decision that kept Globalive/Wind Mobile from starting and gave them the green light to to start up its service “without delay:”
http://itnerd.wordpress.com/2009/12/11/ ... eir-pants/

It's also under Clement's watch that the CRTC tried to pull this crap with UBB. The crap with UBB has been in the works for almost a YEAR and Clement did nothing about it until the OUTCRY of the past 2-3 days. Because they've designated the next election on March 29, they HAVE to do something about this or they risk losing votes. Get it?

BTW, i thought this was funny, congrats to whoever snuck it in:

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/10f4yep.png[/IMG]

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)