Expired Hot Deals

[Cheer] HOT HOT HOT! LIFE PLANS : Festive Cheer , and Holiday Miracle Plan! JAN 16th last day

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2011 7:50 am
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1033 posts
98 upvotes
Scarborough
Think i might use this to try and pry a better deal from virgin. If they don't budge then i'll switch to wind.
Jan 14, 2008
30 posts
2 upvotes
Brampton
its creepy how over-200 people are viewing this thread at the same time loll
Oct 20, 2007
182 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
wmahmud wrote: Are people going to try and talk to rogers to get them to match??

i called Rogers Retention yesterday asking them if they will match Mobilicity $40/month plan. The retention rep offered me the following

$35 - unlimited minutes local calls
or
$50 - unlimited North America calls + SMS

or

$17.50 - 200 weekdays, unlimited evening/weekend starting at 6pm
$10 - Call display, VM, 2500 SMS
$25 - 500 MB data
$2.43 - Government fees
+ HST
and $149.99 for Blackberry Bold 9780 with a 3 years renewal

I LOL and told her to have a nice day.
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3826 upvotes
The_Duke_Of_Eli wrote: You are my hero. Can I buy you some data?

I'l take a virtual beer

But yea, you really think that because someone like rogers reporting you it will screw you? Especially if you have credit card and make every monthly payment (in which case you actually TAKE money, so not paying them back would be bad, vs a service you don't use like phone).
You think that the banker will not give you the a loan and receive that sweet interest of your butt just because you refused to pay someone like robbers a service you don't use while you pay all your debt on time and in full? (credit card, etc)

Then again, it's your choice how you want to spend your money, and if you want to be scared like you committed murder just because you don't want to pay anymore for a service you no longer use, and think a report from rogers for not paying their cancellation fee will destroy your credit until you are 75 years old.

I'l let you know if my world crumbled because I didn't felt in the mood to get ripped off, and no longer can do anything financially because I didn't paid robbers their cancellation fees.
Oct 24, 2009
1 posts
Markham
Anyone know how is the coverage near 16th ave and McCowan Rd? Thanks!

The coverage map in wind shows "Wind Zone Later in 2010", but not sure if that is already done.
Feb 26, 2008
63 posts
4 upvotes
Can anyone comment on winds coverage in surrey (newton)?
Oct 20, 2007
182 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
ADRiiAN` wrote: You need to be in a WIND Home Zone for your full plan to take effect.

If you go outside the WIND Home Zone, its 15 cents for every outgoing text.

what if i am in Wind Away zone and receive an incoming SMS, will I get charge?
Feb 26, 2008
63 posts
4 upvotes
I tried that once with rogers, got sent to collections. I also had 1 other thing sent to collections, but those were all settled and paid for about 4 years ago. Since then I have not missed a single payment on student loans, 2 credit cards, etc. Have had PERFECT credit/payments in those 4 years and I still can not get approved for a new CC, loan, etc. You must be very lucky. I know I sure am not.
Messerschmitt wrote: I'l take a virtual beer

But yea, you really think that because someone like rogers reporting you it will screw you? Especially if you have credit card and make every monthly payment (in which case you actually TAKE money, so not paying them back would be bad, vs a service you don't use like phone).
You think that the banker will not give you the a loan and receive that sweet interest of your butt just because you refused to pay someone like robbers a service you don't use while you pay all your debt on time and in full? (credit card, etc)

Then again, it's your choice how you want to spend your money, and if you want to be scared like you committed murder just because you don't want to pay anymore for a service you no longer use, and think a report from rogers for not paying their cancellation fee will destroy your credit until you are 75 years old.

I'l let you know if my world crumbled because I didn't felt in the mood to get ripped off, and no longer can do anything financially because I didn't paid robbers their cancellation fees.
Oct 20, 2007
182 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Messerschmitt wrote: I have just stopped paying Rogers my bill after I told them I will no longer use their service. My contract was still until July next year.
What are they going to do? Make collections phone me? lol. And even IF my credit will take a hit, what's the big deal? I already have credit card which I continuously use, line of credit, etc, plus not planning to borrow money anytime soon in the future. Not sure why people are so afraid to stand up to rogers and tell them to shove it in their arse. You are no longer using their service, I find it outrageous trying to still charge you because you "breached" their so called "contract".

And just for the record. I did the same thing a few years ago with Telus. I just refused to pay their bill and told them I am no longer using their service hence they won't be seeing any cent from me anymore, and don't give a darn about their "contract". After a few phone calls they gave up. Since then I opened a line of credit, so apparently my credit wasn't very affected (like I said, I had credit cards which I continuously used, and paid in full, so IF they affected my credit, they obviously not affected it enough since the bank was pleased to let me have a line of credit).

i am going to sit back and wait for your future post regarding how you couldn't get approval to finance/lease a car, mortgage pre-approval.
I value my credit score more than 1 month of service fees.

If it makes you feel better, then ignore the bill and let it slide into collection. Good luck in life my friend.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
1503 posts
122 upvotes
iamfob wrote: what if i am in Wind Away zone and receive an incoming SMS, will I get charge?

As long as you have a texting plan with the company (unltd texting), and you roam on another carrier anywhere in the WORLD, incoming messages are free.
Sep 30, 2001
28349 posts
7349 upvotes
Toronto
The_Duke_Of_Eli wrote: I can't believe no one's answered this yet.
thanks for taking the time to respond.
Here's a breakdown of what you get by region (this is TO this region NOT WITHIN, it is always within a Home Zone):
sorry what does that mean? If i'm in the GTA is that a 'home zone'? so if i'm in and around the city i can do the the things you listed (i.e. text australia, or call Florida) all withing my plan?
What makes the Wind plan better is a better network. That's from what I've read and culminated. I stay mostly within North York to Downtown and I haven't had a dropped call in months.
so the general consensus is that even though both plans are similar (identical?), Wind is better than Moblicity due to the robustness of their network?
FS: Xbox One X (NEW)

We're all in this together. Be kind and civil with one another
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
5971 posts
1788 upvotes
Scarborough
tomjose wrote: From previous replies, the BOGO BB deal will NOT work with this. But the WINDTAB WILL!!
SO yes, the 150 bucks off the 9700 will work.

I know the BOGO free deal doesn't work. I'm trying to get the BB 9700 on the Windtab ONLY. Is this possible?
Oct 20, 2007
182 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
tomjose wrote: As long as you have a texting plan with the company (unltd texting), and you roam on another carrier anywhere in the WORLD, incoming messages are free.

thanks for the reply. I know Mobilicity charges $0.10 every incoming SMS when you are outside their unlimited coverage zone.
I guess Wind has an edge over them for free incoming SMS :)
Oct 20, 2007
182 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
SkimGuy wrote: I know the BOGO free deal doesn't work. I'm trying to get the BB 9700 on the Windtab ONLY. Is this possible?

yes, WindTab will work. So you pay $250 up front