Expired Hot Deals

[Cheer] HOT HOT HOT! LIFE PLANS : Festive Cheer , and Holiday Miracle Plan! JAN 16th last day

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2011 7:50 am
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
9250 posts
12151 upvotes
GT-EH
Should I leave the APN settings blank on my BB Bold?
Or should I specify "internet.windmobile.ca"?

WIND says to leave it blank, but others are saying you should specify.

Anyone know what is best?
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14699 posts
5743 upvotes
Gatineau
GiOBoY wrote: Should I leave the APN settings blank on my BB Bold?
Or should I specify "internet.windmobile.ca"?

WIND says to leave it blank, but others are saying you should specify.

Anyone know what is best?

Hmm, I haven't used a Blackberry device before, but I assume you'd have to specify an APN. But hey, if it works without putting one in, then you are good to go.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3354 posts
726 upvotes
Toronto
Anybody who has used the Facebook coupon noitice that is says if using the coupon then all sales are FINAL ? The CSR said this means that you cant go back to Wind if you have any problems with the phone, you would have to go directly to the manufacturer.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14699 posts
5743 upvotes
Gatineau
http://mobilesyrup.com/2010/12/16/wind- ... niversary/

BUY ANY DEVICE and get either the Huawei U3200 or Huawei U1250 for free

[QUOTE]WIND comes out with BOGO offer to celebrate 1st anniversary

[IMG]http://mobilesyrup.com/wp-content/uploa ... Huawei.jpg[/IMG]

WIND Mobile has been in the Canadian market for 1-year today. Promos has been coming out on a steady basis. Because of this new competition with all the new players we’ve seen both monthly rate plan and handset prices come down. In addition, the incumbent carriers are now coming forward with new policies that give the option to unlock devices (at a high $50 price tag). Progress is good though.

Back on track to the WIND promo at hand. If you’re in the Toronto or Calgary area you might want to visit one of their select stores are they are giving away free handsets today. Currently WIND has a BlackBerry BOGO offer but a new one has been created for their anniversary today. According to a doc we received it shows these details:

Starting today (December 16th) until December 31st when buy a device (other than the BlackBerry BOGO) you can get either the Huawei U3200 or Huawei U1250 for free. Of course there is fine print as both devices must be activated on a $21 voice plan or higher, available to Pay Before and Pay After customers, and the phone you purchase cannot be a “lightly loved” device but can be put on the WINDtab. The Huawei U3200 retails for $90 and the Huawei U1250 retails for $60.

BOGO offers all around… you like?
(This has not yet made it on the WIND site)

(Thanks tipster!)[/QUOTE]

djino
Aug 19, 2008
469 posts
175 upvotes
ADRiiAN` wrote: They have fixed that weeks back.

Do you have a WIND mobile account? If yes, what is your experience? Any negative or second thoughts>?
Oct 10, 2006
226 posts
17 upvotes
Does anyone knows if the Wind will allow switching between the 2 life plans (Miracle Holiday) offered? I do know it clearly says that once you switch out of these 2 plans you are not allowed back in.. but what about between there 2 holiday plans...

Here is what I was thinking..

- My rogers contract expires in July 2011.
- Get the $25 holiday life long plan from Wind
- After 6 month call wind to have the rogers# ported over to Wind
- Change the plan from $25 to $40
- extra cost to hold the plan $25x6 = $150 (lot cheaper than paying to cancel the contract now)

Any help or suggestion is appreciated
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9927 posts
1369 upvotes
fch wrote: Does anyone knows if the Wind will allow switching between the 2 life plans (Miracle Holiday) offered? I do know it clearly says that once you switch out of these 2 plans you are not allowed back in.. but what about between there 2 holiday plans...

Here is what I was thinking..

- My rogers contract expires in July 2011.
- Get the $25 holiday life long plan from Wind
- After 6 month call wind to have the rogers# ported over to Wind
- Change the plan from $25 to $40
- extra cost to hold the plan $25x6 = $150 (lot cheaper than paying to cancel the contract now)

Any help or suggestion is appreciated
This is a huge YMMV. The plans offically expire Dec 24 and may not be offered when you do this in July. Also like others have mentioned, they won't allow you to port your current number to an existing wind number. You will end up losing your number unless they have changed their system next year.
Jul 20, 2007
568 posts
137 upvotes
Hey all,

It seems a lot of messages are talking about BB. But is this a good deal to buy an android phone instead of the BB? I wanted to get a phone for surfing and I found the BB screen is too small I found.

By the way, are there any of those system access fees and all those hidden fees like they do at Rogers?

Thanks.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14699 posts
5743 upvotes
Gatineau
madamadakun wrote: By the way, are there any of those system access fees and all those hidden fees like they do at Rogers?

Thanks.

No system access fees, No 911 fees, absolutely NO extra fees. You pay what your plan is + tax. In Ontario. the $40 plan is $40 + tax = $45.20. That's it, That's all!

djino
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2008
1311 posts
102 upvotes
Square One, Mississa…
madamadakun wrote: Hey all,

It seems a lot of messages are talking about BB. But is this a good deal to buy an android phone instead of the BB? I wanted to get a phone for surfing and I found the BB screen is too small I found.

By the way, are there any of those system access fees and all those hidden fees like they do at Rogers?

Thanks.

No hidden fees. What you see is what you pay + tax.

I am getting a pearl hopefully with partnering up with someone to see how is the reception in my area.

If all works, then invest in the android device.
Aug 19, 2008
469 posts
175 upvotes
jayp_1 wrote: .....As for the network coverage, where are you located? I live in Burlington and I find the coverage great but I can't speak for other areas. I work in Missisauga and I go into Oakville a lot and I have never had issues with getting a signal.

Do you have any drop calls in Mississauga/Oakville? Any feedback in buildings?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
9250 posts
12151 upvotes
GT-EH
djino wrote: No system access fees, No 911 fees, absolutely NO extra fees. You pay what your plan is + tax. In Ontario. the $40 plan is $40 + tax = $45.20. That's it, That's all!

djino

That's the beauty of Wind. No hidden fees and no contracts!

I'm starting to fall in love with the beauty of UNLIMITED voice/text/data too.

I got one question:

So, when my phone is @ WIND Home, can I call anywhere in the USA for free anytime now? (i.e. no extra charges like roaming or other connection fees?)
I want to call some friends in California. None of the cities in the USA are Wind Home.

Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14699 posts
5743 upvotes
Gatineau
GiOBoY wrote:

I got one question:

So, when my phone is @ WIND Home, can I call anywhere in the USA for free anytime now? (i.e. no extra charges like roaming or other connection fees?)
I want to call some friends in California. None of the cities in the USA are Wind Home.

With the $40 Holiday Miracle plan, as long as you are connected to a WIND Tower, you can call any phone number within Canada or the U.S. Anytime of day for unlimited. No Long Distance / Roaming fees.

If you are NOT connected to a WIND Tower (ie, you are roaming IN California), then all calls to anywhere Canada/US (regardless of the plan you are on) are charged at 25cents/minute (roaming rate).

djino
Oct 3, 2009
296 posts
Markham
this looks like a great deal, was gonna get an Iphone 4 off the Teluswebstore but the plan would cost around $70 with taxes and everything

way better to go unlimited with a blackberry for $45.20 a month :D

one question though, say I use the windtab and get the Curve for $140, in the info about windtab, it says "each month i'll be charged 10% will be applied to my Windtab balance. If you pay $40/month, $4 will go towards your Windtab balance."

Could someone explain this to me? So will I be paying $4 extra every month till the phone is payed off or something? :confused:

Found the info on this page, step 3:

http://www2.windmobile.ca/en/Pages/WINDTab.aspx
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
9250 posts
12151 upvotes
GT-EH
djino wrote: With the $40 Holiday Miracle plan, as long as you are connected to a WIND Tower, you can call any phone number within Canada or the U.S. Anytime of day for unlimited. No Long Distance / Roaming fees.

If you are NOT connected to a WIND Tower (ie, you are roaming IN California), then all calls to anywhere Canada/US (regardless of the plan you are on) are charged at 25cents/minute (roaming rate).

djino

Thanks Djino

The main key is stay within the Wind Zone (connected to a Wind Tower)...
Once you are outside of it, extra charges will hit you in the pocket book.

I just changed my network to manual and set my phone to WIND Home only so that this can't accidentally happen.