Expired Hot Deals

[Cheer] HOT HOT HOT! LIFE PLANS : Festive Cheer , and Holiday Miracle Plan! JAN 16th last day

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2011 7:50 am
Sep 9, 2008
260 posts
6 upvotes
Djino, Can you please comment on this

Is it OK, to sign up for this deal and later (maybe after a week) do I still be able to port my number over, or should I wait for a week and then sign and port the number at the same time, ... many thanks
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
1126 posts
602 upvotes
Oakville
N64 wrote: this looks like a great deal, was gonna get an Iphone 4 off the Teluswebstore but the plan would cost around $70 with taxes and everything

way better to go unlimited with a blackberry for $45.20 a month :D

one question though, say I use the windtab and get the Curve for $140, in the info about windtab, it says "each month i'll be charged 10% will be applied to my Windtab balance. If you pay $40/month, $4 will go towards your Windtab balance."

Could someone explain this to me? So will I be paying $4 extra every month till the phone is payed off or something? :confused:

Found the info on this page, step 3:

http://www2.windmobile.ca/en/Pages/WINDTab.aspx
Think of the WINDTab as a loan. $4 (10% of the $40 plan) goes to 'pay down' the loan. No extra is payment is required. Cool eh?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9927 posts
1369 upvotes
N64 wrote: this looks like a great deal, was gonna get an Iphone 4 off the Teluswebstore but the plan would cost around $70 with taxes and everything

one question though, say I use the windtab and get the Curve for $140, in the info about windtab, it says "each month i'll be charged 10% will be applied to my Windtab balance. If you pay $40/month, $4 will go towards your Windtab balance."

Could someone explain this to me? So will I be paying $4 extra every month till the phone is payed off or something? :confused:

Nothing extra on your side. You still pay 40 +tax. Wind takes 4 bucks from that and applies it towards your tab. Your tab will complete in 3.125 years
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14689 posts
5734 upvotes
Gatineau

Its not extra.

You pay whatever your monthly bill is. 10% of the monthly bill ($4 for the $40 Plan) will be credited to your windtab balance each month.

So if you pick up the $40 Plan. You will only pay $40. A $4 credit each month will be applied to your windtab balance
djino
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14689 posts
5734 upvotes
Gatineau
deals_addict wrote: Djino, Can you please comment on this

Is it OK, to sign up for this deal and later (maybe after a week) do I still be able to port my number over, or should I wait for a week and then sign and port the number at the same time, ... many thanks

You can do either (as long as the plan is still available).

Just know, it will be a bit more complicated if you decide to port your number after the fact.

WIND doesn't allow for porting on top of an existing plan, they basically create you a new plan and place the porting request on it. Which is why if the plan is no longer available, they won't be able to create this new account for you to place your porting request on. If it is valid, you then have to deal with having to close off the old account and have what you paid transfered to the new account (This part can be done, but it may not be as easy as you might think).

djino
Nov 28, 2007
67 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Just a reminder to current customers that Wind's 'First Year' contest is starting in a few minutes.
Details: http://www.windmobile.ca/community/WIND ... irst-year/
Print, fill out, and take it to one of the stores listed: http://www2.windmobile.ca/WIND%20Docs/C ... BALLOT.pdf

I will be a customer by later tonight, I guess I'm not eligible. :( lol. Well, good luck to all!
Sep 9, 2008
260 posts
6 upvotes
Thanks Djino, very useful info, I will wait a bit and hopefully, nothing would change until I get my number
djino wrote: You can do either (as long as the plan is still available).

Just know, it will be a bit more complicated if you decide to port your number after the fact.

WIND doesn't allow for porting on top of an existing plan, they basically create you a new plan and place the porting request on it. Which is why if the plan is no longer available, they won't be able to create this new account for you to place your porting request on. If it is valid, you then have to deal with having to close off the old account and have what you paid transfered to the new account (This part can be done, but it may not be as easy as you might think).

djino
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14689 posts
5734 upvotes
Gatineau
Arjn143 wrote: Just a reminder to current customers that Wind's 'First Year' contest is starting in a few minutes.
Details: http://www.windmobile.ca/community/WIND ... irst-year/
Print, fill out, and take it to one of the stores listed: http://www2.windmobile.ca/WIND%20Docs/C ... BALLOT.pdf

I will be a customer by later tonight, I guess I'm not eligible. :( lol. Well, good luck to all!

Before anyone in Ottawa, Hamilton, Edmonton, and Vancouver gets your hopes up, this is ONLY AVAILABLE in Toronto & Calgary select store locations
Jun 15, 2005
69 posts
8 upvotes
Anyone in the Vancouver area looking to share the BOGO offer with? I am interested in the PEARL.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
3415 posts
1325 upvotes
Grimsby
djino wrote: 1) Buy a Telus Sim card
2) Place the cheapest non contract plan on this sim card to add to your existing account
3) Have a Telus rep swap phone numbers between these two accounts
4) Bring Account number to WIND rep and have them port your number over - this will close your non-contract plan with Telus automatically
5) You now of a new telus phone number on your existing telus contract and your old telus number on a new WIND account.

djino

djino, any idea if this is possible to do with Rogers? I've called and spoken with customer service and customer relations but they both said its not possible. I didn't tell them the whole story, just that I wanted to add a new line to my account and swap the numbers.
Oct 10, 2006
223 posts
17 upvotes
Nokia 5230 in-store price is $98 vs web price of $140.

If I purchase it in-store will I be able to apply WINDTAB? or WINDTAB only applies to regular purchse price and not on promo-pricing.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
8703 posts
598 upvotes
This is a bit off topic, but want to tell everyone to beware of what those Wind's competitions say. I was at Bell store last week mentioning this plan to the store manager, and he said yes, go ahead and use Wind. You will not get a signal even at Yonge/Major Mac. I guess they really have nothing else to defend or offer, so all they can do is to spread rumours.
Feb 28, 2008
174 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone want to partner up for the BOGO deal? I want the Bold, and I'll be going 150/100 (if you take the Pearl, you pay 100). I'm in the Thornhill area, or can travel to North York. I'm thinking of going to the Yonge & Finch Blockbuster.
Nov 4, 2006
4 posts
I signed up for this plan in Ottawa on Tuesday (St. Laurent Centre booth). No hassle at all, just asked about the plan and ten minutes later I was up and running.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1190 posts
230 upvotes
rdx wrote: This is a bit off topic, but want to tell everyone to beware of what those Wind's competitions say. I was at Bell store last week mentioning this plan to the store manager, and he said yes, go ahead and use Wind. You will not get a signal even at Yonge/Major Mac. I guess they really have nothing else to defend or offer, so all they can do is to spread rumours.
Scare tactics. Jokes...

It's obvious that the competition will be a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitle biased. I don't expect them to say "Ya holy cow, I'd jump on that plan if I could!". :razz: