Expired Hot Deals

[Cheer] HOT HOT HOT! LIFE PLANS : Festive Cheer , and Holiday Miracle Plan! JAN 16th last day

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2011 7:50 am
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
9281 posts
12195 upvotes
GT-EH
rdx wrote: This is a bit off topic, but want to tell everyone to beware of what those Wind's competitions say. I was at Bell store last week mentioning this plan to the store manager, and he said yes, go ahead and use Wind. You will not get a signal even at Yonge/Major Mac. I guess they really have nothing else to defend or offer, so all they can do is to spread rumours.

LOL... I got a strong signal @ Major Mac & Bayview (4-5 bars) with WIND.

It's so obvious they over-charge when Rogers has money to buy the Leafs and then some.
Banned
Nov 16, 2003
542 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Hey guys,

So im taking the plunge and switching over to wind. I am currently with Fido without a contract. The wind guy told me to bring my invoice and they will port my number over. Once they do this, will my fido plan automaticallly stop working and will the billing cycle just end?
Aug 6, 2007
121 posts
7 upvotes
Hamilton
fch wrote: Nokia 5230 in-store price is $98 vs web price of $140.

If I purchase it in-store will I be able to apply WINDTAB? or WINDTAB only applies to regular purchse price and not on promo-pricing.

Wintab will be $140.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14701 posts
5750 upvotes
Gatineau
joey003 wrote: djino, any idea if this is possible to do with Rogers? I've called and spoken with customer service and customer relations but they both said its not possible. I didn't tell them the whole story, just that I wanted to add a new line to my account and swap the numbers.

I cannot confirm sorry, it has been over 5 years since I was last a client of Rogers. (Was around the time when they were Rogers AT&T). Though I figured the process I mentioned could be done with any of the Big 3. Perhaps it was a uninformed rep, or a rep not willing to lose you to WIND.

djino
"I'd suggest on getting a 2nd or 3rd opinion -> call another Rogers rep"
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14701 posts
5750 upvotes
Gatineau
fch wrote: Nokia 5230 in-store price is $98 vs web price of $140.

If I purchase it in-store will I be able to apply WINDTAB? or WINDTAB only applies to regular purchse price and not on promo-pricing.

If advertised for $98, you should be able to get it for $0 on WINDTAB.

djino
Aug 6, 2007
121 posts
7 upvotes
Hamilton
Majik wrote: What do you do if the wind employee doesn't let you use the facebook coupon with bogo+tab+40 plan? Is there any info I can show him for him to let me use it?

It doesn't say on the coupon that it doesn't apply to this offer. i guess you could try calling wind or try another store.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14701 posts
5750 upvotes
Gatineau
LawT wrote: Hey guys,

So im taking the plunge and switching over to wind. I am currently with Fido without a contract. The wind guy told me to bring my invoice and they will port my number over. Once they do this, will my fido plan automaticallly stop working and will the billing cycle just end?

Yes, but FIDO will also charge you for 1 month of service from the date number is assigned to WIND plus any contract cancellation fees you might have. But yes, your service with FIDO ends at the point WIND has possession of your Fido number.

djino
Mar 27, 2007
326 posts
5 upvotes
Question

If I have 2 wind phones, one for my wife and myself. I travel to the US and she calls me from her Wind home zone, do I get charged anything for answering her call.

Thanks, I know you get wind to wind calling but not sure if roaming would be charged to my phone in USA
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14701 posts
5750 upvotes
Gatineau
luvshopping wrote: Question

If I have 2 wind phones, one for my wife and myself. I travel to the US and she calls me from her Wind home zone, do I get charged anything for answering her call.

Thanks, I know you get wind to wind calling but not sure if roaming would be charged to my phone in USA

She won't get charged at all, but since you are not connected to a WIND Tower, you will be charged at 25cents/minute roaming..since you are answering calls while NOT connected to a WIND Tower (ie, in the US)

djino
Feb 17, 2009
607 posts
28 upvotes
Brockville
You will be charged roaming for sure

Mar 27, 2007
326 posts
5 upvotes
djino wrote: She won't get charged at all, but since you are not connected to a WIND Tower, you will be charged at 25cents/minute roaming..since you are answering calls while NOT connected to a WIND Tower (ie, in the US)

djino

That is still dirt cheap roaming charges
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2008
1312 posts
102 upvotes
Square One, Mississa…

You are roaming on US towers. So she won't get charged, but you will. 25c/min. Otherwise people will be shipping these phones all over the world and have unlimited chat. :razz:
Jun 28, 2006
266 posts
37 upvotes
Vaughan
yin5yan wrote: Do you have any drop calls in Mississauga/Oakville? Any feedback in buildings?

I live in Mississauga, so far the reception has been amazing.

I lose reception once in a while in my basement and had 1 odd occurance where I lost reception in my room, but so far it's been great.

Drove from central Mississauga to Oakville (Sheridan) and maintained solid reception.

Hope that helps.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
3529 posts
1401 upvotes
Grimsby
djino wrote: I cannot confirm sorry, it has been over 5 years since I was last a client of Rogers. (Was around the time when they were Rogers AT&T). Though I figured the process I mentioned could be done with any of the Big 3. Perhaps it was a uninformed rep, or a rep not willing to lose you to WIND.

djino
"I'd suggest on getting a 2nd or 3rd opinion -> call another Rogers rep"

Thanks, doesn't hurt to try a few more times. I did speak to 3 different people, and they really seem adamant that it cannot be done. Who knows for sure.

On the other hand though, I called Wind about porting in the future, and they said it won't be a problem, even porting in to the $40 plan, just that it'll be a special request.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)