Expired Hot Deals

[Cheer] HOT HOT HOT! LIFE PLANS : Festive Cheer , and Holiday Miracle Plan! JAN 16th last day

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2011 7:50 am
Aug 6, 2007
121 posts
7 upvotes
Hamilton
djino wrote: Yes, but FIDO will also charge you for 1 month of service from the date number is assigned to WIND plus any contract cancellation fees you might have. But yes, your service with FIDO ends at the point WIND has possession of your Fido number.

djino

I called Fido to find out what my final bill will be and was told it would be prorated to the cancellation date. She could not tell me the exact amount because the system doesn't tell her that, so I'll have to wait and see what is on my final bill. I wasn't never told about the 30-day notice now nor when I talked to retention before switching to wind. My sister cancelled while on contact and again was only told about the ETF when she asked what costs were involved. If they charge us we plan to fight for a credit. When she called Primus to inquire about cancelling her home phone she was told about the 30-day notice requirement, so I think Fido also has an obligation to inform customers when asked.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14701 posts
5750 upvotes
Gatineau
luvshopping wrote: That is still dirt cheap roaming charges

You "may" also get charged 25 cents even if you DO NOT answer the call while roaming.

Why?

As what would happen normally when NOT answering a call, it would send the caller to voicemail. (which is basically a conditional call forwarding effect towards your voice mail).

So when you are roaming, T-Mobile is in a sense forwarding this call to your voice mail which is charging you 25 cents/minute (depending on the length of the voice message left).

This occurred for me when I was roaming at Mount Tremblant over the summer. I knew I was roaming so I didn't want to pick up any calls, but noticed my PAY BEFORE balance still going down which I "assume" was due to that I described above.

The only way to avoid this is to keep your PAY BEFORE balance at $0, but then this is a catch 22 situation as your phone won't even ring while you are in WIND AWAY to know if you've received a call.

djino
Sep 22, 2008
13 posts
vancouver
HI everyone,

I have spent the last hour reading the thread. From what I can gather is that is I get a blackberry bold and the $40 plan with BB unlimited data, if I want to change to a future android phone that wind will carry, then I can use that data on the android phone. I want to make sure that I have my story correct before I jump in.

Also, I live in Vancouver and am wondering which carrier people think is better, mobilicity or wind.

Thanks for the help...i really want to get away from rogers...also this is probably a dumb question but is there any way to get my iphone 3g to work on either carrier? i think its no but want to see if anyone knows for sure...

thanks
Mar 27, 2007
326 posts
5 upvotes
djino wrote: You "may" also get charged 25 cents even if you DO NOT answer the call while roaming.

Why?

As what would happen normally when NOT answering a call, it would send the caller to voicemail. (which is basically a conditional call forwarding effect towards your voice mail).

So when you are roaming, T-Mobile is in a sense forwarding this call to your voice mail which is charging you 25 cents/minute (depending on the length of the voice message left).

This occurred for me when I was roaming at Mount Tremblant over the summer. I knew I was roaming so I didn't want to pick up any calls, but noticed my PAY BEFORE balance still going down which I "assume" was due to that I described above.

The only way to avoid this is to keep your PAY BEFORE balance at $0, but then this is a catch 22 situation as your phone won't even ring while you are in WIND AWAY to know if you've received a call.

djino

couldn't you just disable your voicemail and only answer the calls you want?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9927 posts
1369 upvotes
djino wrote: You "may" also get charged 25 cents even if you DO NOT answer the call while roaming.

Why?

djino
Wonder will this happen if your cell is completely off.
Apr 29, 2007
51 posts
12 upvotes
fch wrote: Nokia 5230 in-store price is $98 vs web price of $140.

If I purchase it in-store will I be able to apply WINDTAB? or WINDTAB only applies to regular purchse price and not on promo-pricing.

You don't need to pay because of Windtab. However, your Windtab balance should be original price $140 of the phone. I just got a phone from Scarborough Town Center and paid in full. ($98)
Feb 5, 2008
725 posts
259 upvotes
CANADA
Just wondering why everyone is so hyped up over the Wind deal, and not so much over the Mobilicity?

hot-mobilicity-christmas-promotional-pl ... ce-974370/

combined with

mobilicity-multi-month-payment-option-s ... -a-972175/

Sounds insane to me. Same deal as Wind's, and you can get a 33% discount off of the $40? Isn't that really hot? Am I missing something?

I'm currently with Rogers and I'm hoping retentions will somewhat match.. anyone successful yet?
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14701 posts
5750 upvotes
Gatineau
joey003 wrote: On the other hand though, I called Wind about porting in the future, and they said it won't be a problem, even porting in to the $40 plan, just that it'll be a special request.

Oh, I'm pretty sure it WILL be a problem.

The question is how much trouble are you willing to put up with to get a porting request onto this plan when its no longer available. And there are no guarantees it will happen. :)

djino
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9927 posts
1369 upvotes
projectrs2 wrote: Just wondering why everyone is so hyped up over the Wind deal, and not so much over the Mobilicity?

combined with

Sounds insane to me. Same deal as Wind's, and you can get a 33% discount off of the $40? Isn't that really hot? Am I missing something?

I'm currently with Rogers and I'm hoping retentions will somewhat match.. anyone successful yet?
Ya.. those two promos don't stack. However the Wind's BOGOF, Tab and 40 unlimited plan do stack. :)
Aug 6, 2007
121 posts
7 upvotes
Hamilton

Why?

djino
Not sure if it works differently with Wind (I assume its the same), but I took my Fido phone whenever I travelled. I only got charged when making/answering calls or sending texts. If I let it go to vm there was no charge until I checked messages. Incoming texts were free but I paid for outgoing. I was on a monthly plan so pay before rules may be different.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14701 posts
5750 upvotes
Gatineau
projectrs2 wrote: Just wondering why everyone is so hyped up over the Wind deal, and not so much over the Mobilicity?

combined with

Although I am happy Mobilicity has this deal (As WIND wouldn't be putting it out there if it wasn't for Mobilicity), I have read many threads about data speeds being much slower for Mobilicity than WIND.

Coverage also plays a roll here as well, there could be closer WIND towers to ones location than Mobilicity towers.

Are you sure the 33% discount (for paying for 1 full year in advance) applies to that plan? I thought it was for their regular priced plans?

Also, Mobilicity doesn't have the Windtab and BOGO offers that can be combined with this deal at WIND.

djino
"I'd say all of this is reason enough to choose WIND over Mobilicity. But I'm still glad Mobilicity is an option for everyone here"
Feb 5, 2008
725 posts
259 upvotes
CANADA
Thanks for the info.

So just to be clear, the main deal-breakers here are:

questionable reception/speeds, depending on your location,
the BOGO Blackberry promo,
and the Windtab promo right?

Other than that, they're equal?

I don't travel much, so the 1st one isn't too much of a concern for me
I don't like Blackberry
The Windtab sounds sweet though

Damn you Rogers... anyone manage to get anything close to a price match???
Banned
Aug 10, 2009
290 posts
3 upvotes
Halton
mattchew008 wrote: I live in Mississauga, so far the reception has been amazing.

I lose reception once in a while in my basement and had 1 odd occurance where I lost reception in my room, but so far it's been great.

Drove from central Mississauga to Oakville (Sheridan) and maintained solid reception.

Hope that helps.

Wow that's good to know. Hopefully when I get my wind phone, I will get good reception in west mississauga area of 407/Eglinton.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14701 posts
5750 upvotes
Gatineau
projectrs2 wrote: Thanks for the info.

So just to be clear, the main deal-breakers here are:

questionable reception/speeds, depending on your location,
the BOGO Blackberry promo,
and the Windtab promo right?

Other than that, they're equal?

I don't travel much, so the 1st one isn't too much of a concern for me
I don't like Blackberry
The Windtab sounds sweet though

Damn you Rogers... anyone manage to get anything close to a price match???

They also have another BOGO Offer as I mentioned a few pages back

http://mobilesyrup.com/2010/12/16/wind- ... niversary/
Sep 22, 2008
13 posts
vancouver
dijino,

you seems to be the person to talk to. it sounds like you prefer wind to mobilicity? i live in vancouver and am thinking of leaving rogers and my beloved iphone to go to wind and blackberry. i just want to make sure but it sounds like that in the future, if i want to get an android i can still use my blackberry unlimited data with it?

thanks for your help!