Expired Hot Deals

[Cheer] HOT HOT HOT! LIFE PLANS : Festive Cheer , and Holiday Miracle Plan! JAN 16th last day

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2011 7:50 am
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1075 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone have the HTC Maple? Is that a good phone? I might take that over the Alcatel b/c I don't like the touch screen to too much in the Alcatel but I assume I'd get used to it. I can't seem to find too much on the Maple. It seems to be fine but people complain of a small keyboard. Anything else I should know about?
Aug 9, 2006
190 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
[quote="petert" post_id="12110003" time="1292991718" user_id="224609"]----------------------------
Well! with the WINDtab: Get up to $150 to put towards your new WIND handset. Offer ends Dec 31/10.
Any phone cost equal/less $150, they will pay up %10 per month of your plans ($25= $2.50 - $40= $4.00 ... ) up til $150.
(better than FUDO dollars) :) [/

Yes, you're right; I'd initially thought it was the client that paid.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14709 posts
5757 upvotes
Gatineau
bkim3 wrote: If I am in the AWAY zone, is it free to RECEIVE an email/text and read it? I have $40 BB plan.
Thanks in advance.

Its free to RECEIVE text.

Email though is using data, which you will be charged $4/MB (or 10 cents/ 25KB)

djino
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14709 posts
5757 upvotes
Gatineau
TigerLilly wrote: Does anyone have the HTC Maple? Is that a good phone? I might take that over the Alcatel b/c I don't like the touch screen to too much in the Alcatel but I assume I'd get used to it. I can't seem to find too much on the Maple. It seems to be fine but people complain of a small keyboard. Anything else I should know about?

Yes I have the HTC Maple. Its a decent windows mobile 6.5 phone. But I'd actually take the Alcatel since its Android / Touch Screen / Keyboard.

I see the Maple being a starter phone. A Phone to use until you need a better phone. I have no issues with the maple, but its not something I can see myself using long term. :)

djino
Nov 14, 2007
358 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
djino wrote: Its free to RECEIVE text.

Email though is using data, which you will be charged $4/MB (or 10 cents/ 25KB)

djino
Thanks, djino!
That's what I thought.
How can I set up to receive text and not to receive email while i am in the AWAY zone?
Thanks.
Jul 15, 2008
4 posts
Burnaby
had one hell of a time trying to activate last night! it ended up taking me and my gf 2 hours and they still managed to completely screw it up!

we were both getting the curve with the $40 holiday miracle plan
-one plan didn't get the blackberry addon
-both of the accounts are under her name when we filled out separate applications
-they told us they mixed the phone numbers around ("my" account which has her name/info on it has the phone number that she wanted)
-one phone didn't even activate and they had to re-activate it again manually
-their activation site kept going down
-they didn't even ask me for a pin/secret question
-the generated pin they e-mailed to us for that account doesn't even work so we can't log in (can't retrieve password by entering either of our e-mails either)

not looking forward to calling them to get this crap fixed up. this is completely ridiculous!
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14709 posts
5757 upvotes
Gatineau
bkim3 wrote: Thanks, djino!
That's what I thought.
How can I set up to receive text and not to receive email while i am in the AWAY zone?
Thanks.

Well you can disable data by removing the APN setting from your device, or call WIND and tell them to block data.

djino
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14709 posts
5757 upvotes
Gatineau
Matty wrote: Major correction: It's you, the client who pays the Windtab; 10% every month until it's paid off. Not Wind!

Its actually WIND who is paying it off, because your monthly charge isn't increased due to the tab. You continue to pay whatever plan you choose and your TAB is decreased each month by 10% of your monthly fee.

djino
Nov 14, 2007
358 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
djino wrote: Well you can disable data by removing the APN setting from your device, or call WIND and tell them to block data.

djino
Thanks, again.
I just disable data service while it's roaming.
Thanks.
May 24, 2010
45 posts
9 upvotes
York
Matty wrote: Major correction: It's you, the client who pays the Windtab; 10% every month until it's paid off. Not Wind!

No it's not, he was right. It's WIND that pays that 10% every month.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1075 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
dd' wrote: No it's not, he was right. It's WIND that pays that 10% every month.

This is right. The 10% is already included in your plan, so you aren't paying anything extra. So if you have the $40 plan, $4 will go towards your phone but you aren't paying $44, you're still paying $40. For phones that are over $150 it's kinda like you're in a contract if you want a free phone but you aren't b/c you can leave at any time. But when you leave you have to pay the remaining amount left on your tab.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1194 posts
231 upvotes
mbalgavy wrote: Wind/Mobi should get the LG Optimus T.
Getting this phone soon.....when it comes, I'll let everyone know what I think!
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
12108 posts
3182 upvotes
Anybody know if incoming txt is still free if you are roaming. By roaming I mean actual outside of wind away.
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Nov 14, 2007
358 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
sexyj wrote: Anybody know if incoming txt is still free if you are roaming. By roaming I mean actual outside of wind away.
All incoming texts are free.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14709 posts
5757 upvotes
Gatineau
sexyj wrote: Anybody know if incoming txt is still free if you are roaming. By roaming I mean actual outside of wind away.

What do you mean by "Outside of WIND AWAY"

You can only be ON the wind network "WIND HOME" or on a roaming network "WIND AWAY" there is no in-between.

And yes, Incoming text is free regardless if you are WIND HOME or WIND AWAY as I mentioned in a post above -> hot-hot-hot-life-plans-unlimited-voice- ... st12111813

djino
Dec 24, 2003
684 posts
43 upvotes
Does anyone know Wind's plan to expand in the Okanagan area in BC? I would love to get a cell phone with Wind, but from what I have read, Kelowna and area are not in coverage area...
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
12108 posts
3182 upvotes
djino wrote: What do you mean by "Outside of WIND AWAY"

You can only be ON the wind network "WIND HOME" or on a roaming network "WIND AWAY" there is no in-between.

And yes, Incoming text is free regardless if you are WIND HOME or WIND AWAY as I mentioned in a few post above -> hot-hot-hot-life-plans-unlimited-voice- ... st12111813

djino

outside of wind away ... roaming in US perhaps ....

but found that answer

[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14709 posts
5757 upvotes
Gatineau
sexyj wrote: outside of wind away aka actual network roaming

Then you would mean Outside of WIND HOME = WIND AWAY

Otherwise you are NOT connected to any network <-- in this case its irrelevant if you will be charged since you wouldn't be able to use your phone.

djino
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14709 posts
5757 upvotes
Gatineau
MUSKAMIKE wrote: Does anyone know Wind's plan to expand in the Okanagan area in BC? I would love to get a cell phone with Wind, but from what I have read, Kelowna and area are not in coverage area...

I'm sure in the new year WIND will make an announcement about their 2011 expansion plans. Stay tuned.

djino
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2008
1397 posts
138 upvotes
" Social BlackBerry Add-on

Chat & post morning, noon and night at one sweet price: UNLIMITED Facebook®, MySpace™, BlackBerry® Messenger, Windows Live™ Messenger, Yahoo!® Messenger, Google® Talk, and AIM® Best of all? No contracts!
Plus: Now includes Wi-Fi access and unlimited use of the Twitter for BlackBerry app".

What does "Now includes Wi-Fi access and unlimited use of the Twitter for BlackBerry app" mean?