Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Cheer

HOT HOT HOT! LIFE PLANS : Festive Cheer , and Holiday Miracle Plan! JAN 16th last day

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2011 7:50 am
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1114 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
archimed wrote: Sucks to hear that. But - is $7.50 really worth all of the time that you're going to spend trying to get that $ back? In principle, sure, they should give you a credit - but if it were me, I'd cut my losses right here.

Well I'll try and see. But you're right, if it takes a lot of hassle then it's not worth it.

I went back (I've been to this booth so many times now) and returned the trial phone. They wouldn't let me combine the Facebook coupon with the Windtab so I don't know how other people did that.

But I ran into another problem - my credit was rejected for the Windtab. I don't know how that happens b/c I've always paid off my balance every month, I've never been late with a payment and was went over my credit limit once but I didn't even use that credit card to check things. Am I able to fix this by tomorrow? Who do I talk to?
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2004
3121 posts
71 upvotes
Calgary
TigerLilly wrote: Well I'll try and see. But you're right, if it takes a lot of hassle then it's not worth it.

I went back (I've been to this booth so many times now) and returned the trial phone. They wouldn't let me combine the Facebook coupon with the Windtab so I don't know how other people did that.

But I ran into another problem - my credit was rejected for the Windtab. I don't know how that happens b/c I've always paid off my balance every month, I've never been late with a payment and was went over my credit limit once but I didn't even use that credit card to check things. Am I able to fix this by tomorrow? Who do I talk to?

Have you ever placed a hold on your credit report with Equifax? Something like if you thought your identity had been stolen and you called them up to put a stop on credit checks?

Either way, equifax.com and request a credit report to see what's up. Not free but it's a must do now that there appears to be an issue.
Deal Fanatic
May 19, 2005
5042 posts
2739 upvotes
Earth
djino wrote: The odds are pretty good that we'll see this deal again, but at what price is the question?

WIND came out with the All in the family (Always Shout) plan for $15 back in April, since then, the All in the family has been offered twice, but never at the $15 price (was $20 and $25 previously).

djino

$20 Holiday All In The Family is still on until the 31st. All you need is the invite form.
Jul 7, 2003
710 posts
413 upvotes
Okay, I went and got a sim card and activated it with the $40 Miracle Plan. I didn't want to lose out on this plan but coverage in my area is spotty right now. So I was going to wait a few months before switching over fully. The rep put me on Pay Before (prepaid) plan and said that I had 3 months to throw money onto my account to fully activate it. The Wind My Account seems to be down right now but was wondering if Wind has an auto top-up function if my prepaid account drops below a set amount. I don't mind prepaying but I don't want the hassle of having to remember to top up each month. Does anyone know if there is an auto top-up option?

Am I able to switch to post-paid in a few months and not risk losing my plan? Or should I just switch to post-paid now and suspend my account and pay the $30 reactivation fee when I'm ready to switch to Wind?
Jul 7, 2003
710 posts
413 upvotes
Starkicker wrote: I can confirm that Wind's network works in the Half Moon Bay area of Barrhaven. Full bars too. I don't know how to hook up my phone to get a speedtest - if someone can enlighten me I will oblige.

I then called Rogers to cancel my phone but figured it would be cheaper for me to drop my plan down to the $14 a month emergency plan and ride out the rest of my contract (7 months).

Hooray for Wind!
Very interesting...I'm in HMB too. What phone are you using?
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2008
1775 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
Damn, I ****ed up.

I bought an unlocked android phone to use with the plan and ended up buying a sim card with the plan on it. What I should have done was buy one of their cheap $50 phones, apply the $20 coupon and put the rest windTAB which would make it free, and then take the sim card out from that. This would have saved me from buying a sim card, and got a free phone. Stupid me.
© 2015
Oct 22, 2007
231 posts
2 upvotes
Burnaby
Vancouver Reception is ok.
Definitely usable. Of course not as good as incumbents, reception deep inside buildings sucks, and on the edges of the network.
Inside certain buildings no reception for some reason.

i.e. MEC on Broadway, 0 bars (but still reception)
Mt Pleasant Community Centre, no reception inside.

Anywhere outdoors in Vancouver seems to be ok. Around Burnaby heights was good, as is the Vancouver proper.
Not sure about DT reception.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 26, 2006
5614 posts
1078 upvotes
Toronto
Jonavin wrote: $20 Holiday All In The Family is still on until the 31st. All you need is the invite form.

The AITF plan is back on? That's great news for me.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1114 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
Moebiwankenobi wrote: Have you ever placed a hold on your credit report with Equifax? Something like if you thought your identity had been stolen and you called them up to put a stop on credit checks?

Either way, equifax.com and request a credit report to see what's up. Not free but it's a must do now that there appears to be an issue.

I've never done that before. But I have had my credit card be canceled b/c someone stole the number and they had to issue a new one.

Well I went to order a credit score and report on Equifax and I was unable to register and called customer service. For some reason they can't access my account and it'll take 3 - 5 days for their investigative team to investigate things. This means no Wintab for me. I don't know what to do now.
Aug 7, 2007
403 posts
116 upvotes
Moerby wrote: I also hit a small snag when I got home and looked at the receipt ... turns out I was charged for the second phone (a Huawei 1250) so I will need to go back and get a refund.
Follow up ... I am now told that the second phone is NOT free because I activated it on the $7.50 plan. That's all good and well but after twisting my arm to go for the free second phone you'd think the CSR would have the common sense to mention this little wrinkle when you pick a plan that doesn't qualify. My GF already has a phone and I only took the second phone because I thought it was free, so I'm returning it. What a needless hassle.

EDIT: Resolved amicably. Went in and was given the refund.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2007
1861 posts
891 upvotes
There is going to be a long wait in line for most Wind Stores. The one at Scarborough Town Centre only has 3 employees working and there were probably 15 people waiting in line when I went. I would try to get there earlier when the store first opens if possible. The problem is there is a lot of people that have been having problems, so many people in line are trying fix something versus a new activation which probably takes about 10-15 minutes. I got everything set up pretty quickly with the Holiday Miracle Plan and ported my number over from Rogers. The Port was done in less than 3 hours. The only thing I'm not happy about is the phone I got. The Nokia 5230 sucks, but I needed to get a temporary phone to take advantage of the plan. After using it about an hour, I can't wait to get rid of it. The screen is way too small to use as touchscreen, interface sucks, touch sensitivity is bad and texting is incredibly difficult to do unless you have small fingers. It's supposed to be comparable to an iphone, but I was using an iphone before and I don't recommend getting this as a replacement.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2007
1861 posts
891 upvotes
dredd2099 wrote: lol, same boat as I am
none in the ssauga area at least

on a brighter note
thinking of just grabbing any cheapo phone for now to 'lock in' the plan
then once the 9780 or better phones get released (January? hopefully),
Am I able to put that on the tab even when I'm an existing cx already?

This is what I did and got the Nokia 5230. I don't recommend the phone btw.

I would jump on the plan though asap. I don't envision plans getting cheaper than this and if it does, you can always switch to the better one anyways. The important thing is locking in the plan more so than the phone, which you can upgrade later. Wintab is generally for new customers only, but I know some people early on in the deal that called and were able to take advantage of the wintab deals despite being an existing customer. YMMV as far as that goes.
Deal Fanatic
May 19, 2005
5042 posts
2739 upvotes
Earth
icemasta wrote: The AITF plan is back on? That's great news for me.

It never went away.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7027 upvotes
Gatineau
Jonavin wrote: It never went away.

The $20 AITF is only good, if you don't need data. If you need data or you think your data needs will change in the future, its best to jump on the $40 Holiday Miracle plan now while its available.

djino
Deal Fanatic
May 19, 2005
5042 posts
2739 upvotes
Earth
djino wrote: The $20 AITF is only good, if you don't need data. If you need data or you think your data needs will change in the future, its best to jump on the $40 Holiday Miracle plan now while its available.

djino

Or, if you ONLY want data and don't care about voice. $20 unlimited data works.
Oct 13, 2003
197 posts
8 upvotes
Burnaby
TigerLilly wrote: Well I'll try and see. But you're right, if it takes a lot of hassle then it's not worth it.

Same thing happend to me ... scared me at first ran home to set up mu Eqifax report online paid my 23 bones only to find I have a excellent FICO score of 833. I called the Wind credit department to see what can be done as I too tried the wintab for the XT720 so I spoke to someone today who is going to look into the problem ... I told he straight out that there is a flaw in the process as I can get any credit card I want etc etc but not a $200.00 celll ? any way good luck.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1114 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
footy wrote: Same thing happend to me ... scared me at first ran home to set up mu Eqifax report online paid my 23 bones only to find I have a excellent FICO score of 833. I called the Wind credit department to see what can be done as I too tried the wintab for the XT720 so I spoke to someone today who is going to look into the problem ... I told he straight out that there is a flaw in the process as I can get any credit card I want etc etc but not a $200.00 celll ? any way good luck.

Well I tried to get my Equifax report but Equifax can't even find my account. He said there could be a problem with the system and they will investigate. So I got my credit report through TransUnion since I was pretty freaked out that something happened to me but everything is fine there which means that everything should also be fine with Equifax.

I talked to a CSR and she said it could be that if Equifax can't find my account then that could be why they can't find it. She put in a sales order for the $40 Miracle Plan and said that after Equifax figures things out and finds my account I can go back to Wind after the 24th to do everything and still get the plan. I don't know if the problem is with Wind or with Equifax in my case.

Yeah, this is a little messed up. I'll call the credit department and see what they say too. I wouldn't want to, but even if you bring it your Equifax credit score which is good, if you're still rejected online you can't get it? I think this is so stupid. . .

Edit: What is the number to the credit department? Or do I go through the normal customer service number?
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
1348 posts
98 upvotes
Brampton
If I'm on a Windtab and want the AITF plan, do I have to pay off the wind tab to switch, or can i do so with the plan. I remember something in the AITF plan that you had to buy a new sim for that plan to work.

Anyone here know?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 4, 2009
7698 posts
794 upvotes
North York
stillmatic11 wrote: The Nokia 5230 sucks, but I needed to get a temporary phone to take advantage of the plan. After using it about an hour, I can't wait to get rid of it. The screen is way too small to use as touchscreen, interface sucks, touch sensitivity is bad and texting is incredibly difficult to do unless you have small fingers. It's supposed to be comparable to an iphone, but I was using an iphone before and I don't recommend getting this as a replacement.

Who claimed the Nokia 5230 was comparable to an iPhone? How is a $98 phone going to compare favourably to one of the BEST smartphones around worth $600+?

It is a nice cellphone with basic smartphone features. It is very useable, but you cannot expect performance/functionality like a Galaxy S or iPhone.

I had really LOW expectations given its $98 price. I was pleasantly surprised by it's capabilities. It has a real voice turn-by-turn GPS navigation application. I have d/l Need for Speed onto it and played it a bit. We can send/receive emails. We can browse web sites. Voice quality is excellent, speaker phone is excellent.

I've been able to live with it as a cellphone, email reader, texting for the past week. Taken a few pictures, d/l my Outlook address book from the PC, connected to the bluetooth to my car deck, even able to transfer my address book to the car deck. Its turn-by-turn navigation got me through a horrible rush hour traffic jam by Pearson Airport last week. Checked stock prices via cnbc.com frequently. (Yes, it has some issues ... but pretty good value for $98.)

If we are coming from a good smartphone, we need to get a Galaxy S/Nexus S (or similar Android unit). We should treat the Nokia as an interim phone until we can source one of the great Android phones. (Then the Nokia becomes a backup/emergency phone.)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 26, 2006
5614 posts
1078 upvotes
Toronto
Jonavin wrote: Or, if you ONLY want data and don't care about voice. $20 unlimited data works.

Yup, just need the Infinite Mobile plan. Already have the $35 Mobilicity FnF and am happy with it so no need for the Miracle Plan. Thanks for the news wish I knew this earlier, now to ask around.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)