Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Cheer

HOT HOT HOT! LIFE PLANS : Festive Cheer , and Holiday Miracle Plan! JAN 16th last day

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2011 7:50 am
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
1100 posts
34 upvotes
slowtyper wrote: Anyone get a HAITF plan activated without hassle in North York? Looking to make a new activation but want to avoid hassles as I don't have time to go to different stores to try.

Thanks!

New activation shouldn't be a problem as long as you download the form & take it with you ..almost everyone that I know of has managed to get it ..but if you are switching a current WIND plan they will hassle you a lot :(

Also porting from some other carrier to the HAITF is very easy , without any hassles as they want your business
Apr 23, 2006
70 posts
52 upvotes
Where do you download the HAITF form? Can you please PM me the link... thanks
Jan 1, 2007
137 posts
5 upvotes
Scarborough
Careers wrote: I would still appreciate if anyone can provide success/failure story on getting one's facebook coupon applied on a Huawei U1250 (which is less than $150) on WindTab.
I had the same problem today when I was at the Wind store in Woodside Mall. I planned to get a Huawei U8100 but they won't let me use the facebook coupon with WindTab. They said that the price is already $0, so it will be negative if I use the coupon. But I can use the $20 to buy accessories.

Has anyone got success story with WindTab and a $150 (or less) phone in GTA? I would go to that store to apply.

Or does anyone have any success story in getting a LL phone with the facebook coupon? I would go to that store to get the used U8100. Thanks.
Mar 14, 2007
34 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
Took me 3 calls to get my infinite laptop plan. It's a hit or miss, dont even brother to waste your time arguing.
The agent did that for me didnt even asked me any question other than the pin.

The first 2 times I press 1 for the english rep, the last time i press for the other numbers and they speak english too.

Now i am happy with the 45$ data stick and the 20$ plan. Good Luck
Aug 21, 2009
737 posts
73 upvotes
GTA
I'm considering switching to the aitf from the holiday miracle plan. I'm always near wifi, but is it that useful to have everywhere you go?
Feb 3, 2009
215 posts
31 upvotes
GTA
pp0ff1 wrote: Where do you download the HAITF form? Can you please PM me the link... thanks

Quote from the op :lol: :
ChampUz wrote: ...
Offer ends December 31st. You can call in and ask for this one , or download the form and take it in the store
Click Here for FORM ( Just in-case you need it ) This offer cannot be combined with WIND tab , but if you have an existing plan you can call in and ask to be switched , your YMMV on this option though. Btw Referal name is just "HAITF"
And I have a question about the data. Currently my plan is HAITF 20 , and i am planning to access internet using WIFI at home or on compus. Will i be charged for data if i turn on the WIFI and then browsing the internet or download something? I am a little bit worried about it. Thanks.
Aug 21, 2009
737 posts
73 upvotes
GTA
lyrath wrote: Quote from the op :lol: :

And I have a question about the data. Currently my plan is HAITF 20 , and i am planning to access internet using WIFI at home or on compus. Will i be charged for data if i turn on the WIFI and then browsing the internet or download something? I am a little bit worried about it. Thanks.

I think you can request a data block from a wind csr if you want to be certain you don't get charged.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12614 posts
2318 upvotes
Majik wrote: I'm considering switching to the aitf from the holiday miracle plan. I'm always near wifi, but is it that useful to have everywhere you go?

To me i find it very useful. Besides home, I am rarely around wifi when I am in the car looking something up. If you are in a restaurant very rarely do they offer wifi. If in a mall, you have to usually look for specific shops that offer free wifi. If you are in a university that always has free wifi all day then yeah, you probably wouldn't need it.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4140 upvotes
Toronto
duli wrote: Took me 3 calls to get my infinite laptop plan. It's a hit or miss, dont even brother to waste your time arguing.
The agent did that for me didnt even asked me any question other than the pin.

The first 2 times I press 1 for the english rep, the last time i press for the other numbers and they speak english too.

Now i am happy with the 45$ data stick and the 20$ plan. Good Luck

Hmm, it's not clear... so you got the refurb. stick for $40 and the $25 data plan, and managed to get it switched over to the $20 over the phone? I was wondering about that since the reps I've been seeing are all strict with the terms about not giving LL sticks in combo. with the HAITF deal.
Feb 18, 2010
727 posts
83 upvotes
lyrath wrote: And I have a question about the data. Currently my plan is HAITF 20 , and i am planning to access internet using WIFI at home or on compus. Will i be charged for data if i turn on the WIFI and then browsing the internet or download something? I am a little bit worried about it. Thanks.

Depends on your phone. But if you are worried about being charged and you have an android phone, you can download APNdroid from the market. It will basically stop your phone from accessing mobile data (once you tell it to that is :lol :) . Or you can call in and tell the CSR you want data completely disabled on your account. :)
Feb 3, 2009
215 posts
31 upvotes
GTA
Majik wrote: I think you can request a data block from a wind csr if you want to be certain you don't get charged.
canuckkat wrote: Depends on your phone. But if you are worried about being charged and you have an android phone, you can download APNdroid from the market. It will basically stop your phone from accessing mobile data (once you tell it to that is :lol :) . Or you can call in and tell the CSR you want data completely disabled on your account. :)

Thank you very much! =D Already have the data blocked by calling the csr. Happy holiday. :)
Mar 14, 2007
34 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
Fantaz wrote: Hmm, it's not clear... so you got the refurb. stick for $40 and the $25 data plan, and managed to get it switched over to the $20 over the phone? I was wondering about that since the reps I've been seeing are all strict with the terms about not giving LL sticks in combo. with the HAITF deal.

Ya i got the refurbished data stick today. The rep in store didnt allow me to sign on the HAITF deal with wind tap or the refurbished promotion.
So i just grabbed the refurbish one and the 25$ deal. The worst scenario would be using the Facebook coupon to buy another sim card, then cancel the old one and activate again to get the deal.
Then I keep calling th CSR when i get home. It's kinda time consuming to get it tho, each call took 15-25 mins of wait.
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2002
1737 posts
565 upvotes
Did you get a credit for $25 you paid for the festive cheer plan? Or did you lose the credit when you switched to the haitf plan?

Because I'm thinking $40 ll stick + $25 festive cheer plan + $20 haitf= $85.

Whereas you could easily get a new one data stick $100 + 20 haitf -$20 fb coupon= $100.

The latter would be nearly guaranteed to get instore without hassle and it would be a new stick for $15 more?
duli wrote: Ya i got the refurbished data stick today. The rep in store didnt allow me to sign on the HAITF deal with wind tap or the refurbished promotion.
So i just grabbed the refurbish one and the 25$ deal. The worst scenario would be using the Facebook coupon to buy another sim card, then cancel the old one and activate again to get the deal.
Then I keep calling th CSR when i get home. It's kinda time consuming to get it tho, each call took 15-25 mins of wait.
Mar 14, 2007
34 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
Kenneth wrote: Did you get a credit for $25 you paid for the festive cheer plan? Or did you lose the credit when you switched to the haitf plan?

Because I'm thinking $40 ll stick + $25 festive cheer plan + $20 haitf= $85.

Whereas you could easily get a new one data stick $100 + 20 haitf -$20 fb coupon= $100.

The latter would be nearly guaranteed to get instore without hassle and it would be a new stick for $15 more?

What credit? i choose pay after so i didnt pay anything for the plan in advance, but if u are paying in advance your unsed credit will remain on ur bill and be able to appy to the HAITF. You don thave to pay for what u didnt used.

If u dont want hassle, you can do the following: get the 40$ stick and choose pay after, then cancel it after u get home.
However, i do know if u can immediately terminate with wind. If you can u will only need to pay 1 day for that 25$ which is 25/31= 80cents

While you are buying the data stick with the 25$ plan. Use your 20$ coupon to buy a 25$ sim card which leave u 5$ for the sim and ask the store representative to get u the HAITF.

this way u get the stick and the plan without hassle for 40(stick)+5(additional sim) + 80 cents maybe for the cancellation for the 25$ plan. = 45.8+tax
Mar 14, 2007
34 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
After using it 1 night, the speed isnt that great and dropped a couple times while i am streaming videos....but it's still ok. Faster after 12 tho
Jul 6, 2010
4 posts
I wonder if this has happened to others who have signed up for Wind's Holiday Miracle Plan. I signed up for the plan on December 20th. Originally since the BB Bold 9700 was sold out, I bought the BB Curve on the Windtab. I put down $150 plus tax on the phone in the store. The next day I was able to find a BB Bold and bought it at full price (No Windtab) at one of Wind's take out locations. I then returned the Curve which I never used or took out of the box, cancelled the Windtab and got my $150 plus tax back. Now to my surprise I signed into my account and now have a $220.64 bill. They are charging me for the remaining balance on the Windtab on the Curve I returned, plus the $40 for the plan. I immediately called Wind, waiting 1 hour to speak to an agent to only be told they will have to call me back in the morning to investigate the situation.

I have only had this use of the phone for 6 days and have a bill for $220.64? I have no idea how these people calculate the bill. All my calls have been local ones and or US calls within my Wind home zone which is included in the holiday plan.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
2277 posts
579 upvotes
Toronto
How would i go about getting the Wind tab on a BB Bold since i cannot find one in stock and i want the 40$ Text Data and voice.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7026 upvotes
Gatineau
wwedx wrote: How would i go about getting the Wind tab on a BB Bold since i cannot find one in stock and i want the 40$ Text Data and voice.

Sorry, I'm a but confused about your question.

You simply cannot get wind tab on a device a store no longer has in-stock. You can either go hunting around to all the WIND Store locations in your area for any BB Bolds, or look at choosing another phone, or activate a sim card for the $40 plan (before it expires this Friday) and pray WIND gets more stock. :) The choice is yours.

djino
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
2277 posts
579 upvotes
Toronto
djino wrote: Sorry, I'm a but confused about your question.

You simply cannot get wind tab on a device a store no longer has in-stock. You can either go hunting around to all the WIND Store locations in your area for any BB Bolds, or look at choosing another phone, or activate a sim card for the $40 plan (before it expires this Friday) and pray WIND gets more stock. :) The choice is yours.

djino
Well, Looks like ill be hunting for Bolds thanks for the reply :)
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
2277 posts
579 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know where has any curves Or Bolds in stock?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)