Expired Hot Deals

[Cheer] HOT HOT HOT! LIFE PLANS : Festive Cheer , and Holiday Miracle Plan! JAN 16th last day

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2011 7:50 am
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
2918 posts
68 upvotes
Home
sudesingh wrote: Yes, that was confirmed by a WIND executive. They need to track how many phones were activated under a specific plan. Guess they had no other field in the activation screen to add that, so they just added it to the middle name. Hopefully they get rid of it once they've collected the stats

thank's, I was bit worried as if it was a mistake. lol
If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it was, and always will be yours. If it never returns, it was never yours to begin with :|
Jan 23, 2006
573 posts
17 upvotes
Ported 3 more numbers for family members to Wind today. 2 hour wait at the Meadowvale location, rep was telling people to come back later if they want Miracle promotion and only stay for HAITF.

Today they didn't allow $20 FB coupon or BOGO with HAITF.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2004
3121 posts
71 upvotes
Calgary
mjjrules wrote: My friend and her sister signed up today for the Miracle Plan, they only bought a cheap $50 phone which was BOGO, she wants a better phone for Facebooking, and playing games, but she doesn't want to pay a lot of money, she was thinking of a BB Bold or Curve, I had a BB and didn't find them very good for gaming. I took a quick look on Wind and saw the Huawei U8100 for $150, is this a good phone for her?

I find the screen too small and the hardware not quite fast enough to be a true multimedia phone. But it's closer to a smartphone than a Blackberry (IMO). Here's a pretty in depth review: http://hitchedhiker.com/2010/09/26/revi ... oid-phone/
Nov 11, 2006
206 posts
4 upvotes
Hey guys, I'm trying tethering with my new android phone. I signed up for windmobile with Huawei U8100 (holiday miracle plan), I connect the phone to win7 PC, and installed the 'Dialup For Android Handset' software, but when I choose 'wind' as access point and click 'connect', it says 'The device is not found'. Has anyone tried tithering with android phone? I called windmobile but the wait time is 178 mins :(
Sep 30, 2001
28476 posts
7640 upvotes
Toronto
DaVibe wrote: Even Telus hated to hear that I'm with Wind when I cancelled yesterday "Oh the network ... oh the customer service" BLAH BLAH BLAH Never again! :D
I am so happy Wind is in the market. Bell keeps telling me how their towers suck and the coverage isn't that great (ok i'm paraphrasing) and refuses to do anything to keep me happy as a customer. I hope in the near future Wind can increase coverage, buy out one of the smaller players, and amp up to be a serious threat to the big 3 and their scummy ways.
FS: Marley Wireless Earphones (NEW)

We're all in this together. Be kind and civil with one another
Feb 26, 2007
438 posts
18 upvotes
Does anyone know if the wind stores are opened on Jan 2? Just got my Nexus S and I need to activate a sim now! :)
Nov 11, 2006
206 posts
4 upvotes
cyc1120 wrote: Does anyone know if the wind stores are opened on Jan 2? Just got my Nexus S and I need to activate a sim now! :)

you can call them to activate the sim
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
2140 posts
448 upvotes
Toronto
I have been checking wind stores for the past Week for BB curves or Bold still NONE :mad:
Jul 21, 2006
561 posts
169 upvotes
Anyone in Vancouver having problems right now with their Wind service? I can't make or receive any calls. I get the message "Doesn't look like your call can be completed at this time. Please call our people at 611 to talk to help you out... Problem is, dialing 611 gives the SAME MESSAGE.

I am really pissed as I have been promoting Wind all over the place and have had friends join, but the basic thing that needs to work is the ability to make/receive calls.

I am at home where Wind Home is strong, and have been using it for 2 weeks without this problem.

After 30 mins or so and now re-connecting to Wind Home I am able to make/receive as normal.

Not happy for that gap, and just want to see if others have as well.

Thanks.
Jun 7, 2005
239 posts
14 upvotes
I finally got the HTC hd2 delivered to me in the morning. I tried out wm 6.5 and it wasn't so good. After putting android on it I would say its amazing! Call quality is good now switching from the huwei 1250. Only thing I notice is that my reception is next to nothing in the living room but great in my bedroom.
"That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet".
Jul 9, 2007
49 posts
5 upvotes
roger12 wrote: Ported 3 more numbers for family members to Wind today. 2 hour wait at the Meadowvale location, rep was telling people to come back later if they want Miracle promotion and only stay for HAITF.

Today they didn't allow $20 FB coupon or BOGO with HAITF.

I tried to port 3 numbers over but the sales rep mistyped a wrong number for one of them. I made so many calls and visited the store 4 times but still can't use original number but temporary one. No one seems to know how to solve the problem including the call centre. Customer service is gone with Wind? No one called me back or replied as they promised. Anyone knows how to solve the problem? I don't want to bring 2 phones and pay 2 bills. By the way, no coupons were honoured at the store for Miracle or Family plan.
Jan 3, 2008
976 posts
267 upvotes
W.GTA
MrDisco wrote: I am so happy Wind is in the market. Bell keeps telling me how their towers suck and the coverage isn't that great (ok i'm paraphrasing) and refuses to do anything to keep me happy as a customer. I hope in the near future Wind can increase coverage, buy out one of the smaller players, and amp up to be a serious threat to the big 3 and their scummy ways.

Wind will increase their coverage for sure, I don't see them doing any buyout of smaller players. I see them focusing on building their own network as what they are doing right now. The numbers of subscribers that they are bringing in right now is pretty good, just think of the monthly sales revenue numbers multiply by a year.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2008
1590 posts
466 upvotes
TimelessVictory wrote: Thanks Daverobev and Arthur53 for the information. Managed to get the HAITF plan at Carlingwood yesterday. Awesome plan.
DId they ask you for employee names, e-mails or anything else?
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3990 posts
940 upvotes
Markham
fightbriz wrote: is HAITF dead?

It's dead as soon as the year is done.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Jan 23, 2006
573 posts
17 upvotes
It's dead now as the stores are already closed :)
Jonavin wrote: It's dead as soon as the year is done.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3990 posts
940 upvotes
Markham
roger12 wrote: It's dead now as the stores are already closed :)

At Blockbusters in BC too?
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.