Expired Hot Deals

[Cheer] HOT HOT HOT! LIFE PLANS : Festive Cheer , and Holiday Miracle Plan! JAN 16th last day

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2011 7:50 am
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 19, 2005
3986 posts
939 upvotes
Markham
AlfredENewman wrote: don't know about AITF, but other promotions have been extended to jan 5. 2011

HAITF is not extended.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Sr. Member
Feb 18, 2010
704 posts
62 upvotes
ezjob wrote: Hey guys, I'm trying tethering with my new android phone. I signed up for windmobile with Huawei U8100 (holiday miracle plan), I connect the phone to win7 PC, and installed the 'Dialup For Android Handset' software, but when I choose 'wind' as access point and click 'connect', it says 'The device is not found'. Has anyone tried tithering with android phone? I called windmobile but the wait time is 178 mins :(
Did you try starting up the software BEFORE you connect your phone? I know the Wind connection manager for the data stick needs you to do that. And to wait. Heh.
dpolites wrote: Anyone in Vancouver having problems right now with their Wind service? I can't make or receive any calls. I get the message "Doesn't look like your call can be completed at this time. Please call our people at 611 to talk to help you out... Problem is, dialing 611 gives the SAME MESSAGE.

I am really pissed as I have been promoting Wind all over the place and have had friends join, but the basic thing that needs to work is the ability to make/receive calls.

I am at home where Wind Home is strong, and have been using it for 2 weeks without this problem.

After 30 mins or so and now re-connecting to Wind Home I am able to make/receive as normal.

Not happy for that gap, and just want to see if others have as well.

Thanks.

I think their network was down or something earlier. I couldn't even log onto my account earlier this evening on wind.ca.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 2, 2008
2133 posts
448 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone noticed how cheap phones are in the US? i think im going to buy a T-Mobile Bold 9700, there only about $250 in the classifieds
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15317 posts
8191 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
dpolites wrote: Anyone in Vancouver having problems right now with their Wind service? I can't make or receive any calls. I get the message "Doesn't look like your call can be completed at this time. Please call our people at 611 to talk to help you out... Problem is, dialing 611 gives the SAME MESSAGE.

I am really pissed as I have been promoting Wind all over the place and have had friends join, but the basic thing that needs to work is the ability to make/receive calls.

I am at home where Wind Home is strong, and have been using it for 2 weeks without this problem.

After 30 mins or so and now re-connecting to Wind Home I am able to make/receive as normal.

Not happy for that gap, and just want to see if others have as well.

Thanks.

Didn't have a problem at 6:00 PM... When did it happen for you?
Newbie
Dec 31, 2010
1 posts
Vancouver
went to wind corporate store on main and 13th in Vancouver at 6pm tonight, hoping to try my luck getting the HAITF plan, the manager insist that I have to give them the referral employee's full name, but even if they allow me getting the plan, there whole system was down, can't really sign anyone up... :(
Sr. Member
Jul 21, 2006
561 posts
168 upvotes
craftsman wrote: Didn't have a problem at 6:00 PM... When did it happen for you?

Must have been around 5:10 to 5:30pm... Was strange. And not acceptable, thats why I was checking with other Wind users.
Member
User avatar
Nov 11, 2006
206 posts
4 upvotes
hi guys, for those who want to do tethering, i finally made it. just log in to your accound online, select your phone model, there are links on how to turn your phone to a wifi hot-spot, for my android Huawei U8100, i need to download some software and upgrade my phone.

this is the result of my speed test

[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/1092920066.png[/IMG]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 16, 2006
6128 posts
573 upvotes
Signed up for the holiday miracle plan a few days ago, but have been unable to get my hands on either a Curve or a Bold from Wind. Apparently they're both sold out virtually everywhere. Anyone know when stock will be replenished?

I tried to buy a curve online with 3 different credit cards; all of them bounce back an error from Wind's site. Anyone else having the same problem?
Jr. Member
Sep 12, 2007
169 posts
Ontario
Anyone know if the HAITF plans are still available or not?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
3806 posts
23 upvotes
Octavius wrote: Signed up for the holiday miracle plan a few days ago, but have been unable to get my hands on either a Curve or a Bold from Wind. Apparently they're both sold out virtually everywhere. Anyone know when stock will be replenished?

I tried to buy a curve online with 3 different credit cards; all of them bounce back an error from Wind's site. Anyone else having the same problem?

If you can't find a Blackberry (they really are sold out everywhere after BOGO), then don't wait past Jan 5th (current Miracle end date). Visit a CORPORATE location, and suggest letting you purchase Wind's $40 Miracle with SIM only, then you'll return to purchase a BB once in stock. You keep the extra SIM (useful) or resell it for $25.

Wind & Mobilicity are clearing out stock, no BB, no high-end Androids, no data sticks - everything's been cleared out. But once the Miracle promotion expires, stores will be unable to log into that promo to sign you up. The plan is more valuable than the phone. Sure Wind may extend it again, but they didn't extend HAITF...

* Anyone selling a Huawei Data Stick?
Sr. Member
Feb 18, 2010
704 posts
62 upvotes
7jaii wrote: Anyone selling a Huawei Data Stick?
I would just wait to buy the new stick that's coming out, or buy the unlocked Mobilicity/T-Mobile version on ebay.

My Huawei stick has a really fidgety port. As in, it was loose when I got it, and now Windows doesn't recognize it at all. Heh.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 16, 2006
6128 posts
573 upvotes
7jaii wrote: If you can't find a Blackberry (they really are sold out everywhere after BOGO), then don't wait past Jan 5th (current Miracle end date). Visit a CORPORATE location, and suggest letting you purchase Wind's $40 Miracle with SIM only, then you'll return to purchase a BB once in stock. You keep the extra SIM (useful) or resell it for $25.

Wind & Mobilicity are clearing out stock, no BB, no high-end Androids, no data sticks - everything's been cleared out. But once the Miracle promotion expires, stores will be unable to log into that promo to sign you up. The plan is more valuable than the phone. Sure Wind may extend it again, but they didn't extend HAITF...

* Anyone selling a Huawei Data Stick?

No worries; did that already (bought plan on SIM only).

Called in to confirm 4-5 times that I can just take my SIM and pop it into any compatible Wind Phone and blackberry and it'll work without issue on the Holiday Miracle Plan.

Thanks though :)
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2001
1445 posts
139 upvotes
Octavius wrote: Signed up for the holiday miracle plan a few days ago, but have been unable to get my hands on either a Curve or a Bold from Wind. Apparently they're both sold out virtually everywhere. Anyone know when stock will be replenished?

I tried to buy a curve online with 3 different credit cards; all of them bounce back an error from Wind's site. Anyone else having the same problem?

Can you just buy one from Mobilicity and use it with your Wind plan?
Member
User avatar
Oct 1, 2007
313 posts
68 upvotes
Octavius wrote: No worries; did that already (bought plan on SIM only).

Called in to confirm 4-5 times that I can just take my SIM and pop it into any compatible Wind Phone and blackberry and it'll work without issue on the Holiday Miracle Plan.

Thanks though :)

9780 is rumored to be coming out in early January. I overheard one of the wind reps saying this week(Jan 3rd) but then again they dont know much!
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4136 upvotes
Toronto
canuckkat wrote: I would just wait to buy the new stick that's coming out, or buy the unlocked Mobilicity/T-Mobile version on ebay.

My Huawei stick has a really fidgety port. As in, it was loose when I got it, and now Windows doesn't recognize it at all. Heh.

What do you mean fidgety port? Mine seems to be rock solid, nothing loose and stays in place. Also how would the Mobilicity/T-Mobile version be better?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
3806 posts
23 upvotes
Octavius wrote: No worries; did that already (bought plan on SIM only).

Called in to confirm 4-5 times that I can just take my SIM and pop it into any compatible Wind Phone and blackberry and it'll work without issue on the Holiday Miracle Plan.

Thanks though :)
Correct, customers can change their phone APN and use the SIM for DATA-only.
xla4life wrote: Can you just buy one from Mobilicity and use it with your Wind plan?

Yes, you can purchase a Mobilicity BB and unlock it to use with Wind.
Fantaz wrote: What do you mean fidgety port? Mine seems to be rock solid, nothing loose and stays in place. Also how would the Mobilicity/T-Mobile version be better?

I guess many RFDers purchased Wind's $40 Lightly Loved sticks this week. Wind used/returned products are hit or miss. Regular customer visiting local corporate store reports better experiences with staff allowing "inspect, test, swap boxes, and test again" before you pay for your phone/stick - because once you leave the store Wind can't help you.

Mobilicity's Option 452 is a better stick but requires unlocking. E181 is fine until Wind releases a new model this month.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4136 upvotes
Toronto
I am going to have to ask this again here, was anyone here who has a Huawei U8100 phone able to change the APN settings successfully, or root or update the device's firmware with custom rom v2.2? The android community forums I've found to be quite a mess and I can't seem to find answers.
Member
User avatar
Mar 27, 2010
362 posts
62 upvotes
York Region
Is this still going on? I though it ended on the 31st for new activations?

EDIT: Looks like it's been extended.

Will the deal apply if I have an unlocked Blackberry Bold 9780, and I buy the SIM card with the $40 plan?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 3, 2010
6704 posts
2100 upvotes
Mississauga
Octavius wrote: Signed up for the holiday miracle plan a few days ago, but have been unable to get my hands on either a Curve or a Bold from Wind. Apparently they're both sold out virtually everywhere. Anyone know when stock will be replenished?

I tried to buy a curve online with 3 different credit cards; all of them bounce back an error from Wind's site. Anyone else having the same problem?

In the Wind kiosk in Blockbuster on Dundas ,one of the nice girls who works there told me that they are going to get the new Bold ,that why they sold out all the older models of blackberries.
most people work in that store are nice except the ugly black fat girl (her face full of pimples i guess) ,I noticed yesterday she helps everyone goes to the back of kiosk without lining up with others , I wish you read this pimples face , you are uglier from the inside ,and i will try to avoid this store in the future because of you.

Top