Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Cheer

HOT HOT HOT! LIFE PLANS : Festive Cheer , and Holiday Miracle Plan! JAN 16th last day

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2011 7:50 am
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
1348 posts
98 upvotes
Brampton
Well, if they do that, then we have to give them a nice nick name like the one we gave Robbers. (rogers)

In fact, The nickname will soon be the official name, especially if there was any truth to the rumors about the leafs...
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7027 upvotes
Gatineau
Senatorsca wrote: I know this has probably been answered....

But how do we know our plan options, and that they stick to it? I have nowhere in writing stating I am getting US Long distance, MMS, etc. all of the options not listed in Always Shout. I mean technically, it just says my plan is Always Shout+ Infinite....I don't really like that.

If you have a pay before account with a $0 balance, then you'll know if you can make calls to the US and send MMS. If they didn't add it, then you'll hear the WIND recording "blah blah blah..please top up your pay before account to make this call"

djino
Mar 5, 2004
75 posts
Toronto
hi, can anyone comment on how WIND's signal strength/reception is in downtown Toronto (inside and outside Eaton Centre), west Scarborough (Birchmount Danforth, Birchmount St. Clair, Warden). Thanks!
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
1348 posts
98 upvotes
Brampton
I get calls everyday from my wife who is at Dufferin Mall. Never had an issue. However when she is in the subway I do hear static sometimes. Hope that helps a bit.
Jan 11, 2010
538 posts
63 upvotes
Kenneth wrote: Can anyone comment on the data connection of wind currently? I know its consistently faster than Mob,i but when the service just started it was unreliable. Dropping the signal quite often. Hae things changed?

I've been with wind for a few months and have had no problems with data.
Jan 11, 2010
538 posts
63 upvotes
dealhunterx wrote: hi, can anyone comment on how WIND's signal strength/reception is in downtown Toronto (inside and outside Eaton Centre), west Scarborough (Birchmount Danforth, Birchmount St. Clair, Warden). Thanks!

Eaton Centre is good. There is a very busy wind store right near Eaton Centre/Ryerson due to the students. They would want to make sure there is good reception there.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2004
4713 posts
253 upvotes
Coquitlam
has anyone gotten Rogers to match this offer?
HOW CAN I BE GOING BROKE WHEN I'M SAVING SO MUCH MONEY!?
MY EBAY FEEDBACK
Jan 21, 2010
168 posts
127 upvotes
Toronto
I just called up Best Buy USA (Walden Gallaria location) and the mobile rep told me that they are only carrying tmobile term Nexus S's.

They do NOT carry no contract Nexus S's. That particular location also has to order the phone, which takes 3-5 days! I called Tmobile and they told me that they only sell phones on contracts, no unsubsidized phones.

Where can I get a Nexus S for the regular $529.99 price??? I don't want to drive to Buffalo to find out I'm SOL.

Thanks

zulu5
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
6433 posts
1239 upvotes
Canada
Can someone get the $40 unlimited everything and use it on a data stick?
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
1348 posts
98 upvotes
Brampton
zulu5 wrote: I just called up Best Buy USA (Walden Gallaria location) and the mobile rep told me that they are only carrying tmobile term Nexus S's.

They do NOT carry no contract Nexus S's. That particular location also has to order the phone, which takes 3-5 days! I called Tmobile and they told me that they only sell phones on contracts, no unsubsidized phones.

Where can I get a Nexus S for the regular $529.99 price??? I don't want to drive to Buffalo to find out I'm SOL.

Thanks

zulu5

Whew! Thank goodness you told me, eventually I would have found my way down there and would have had my heart broken. Keep us posted if you find anything out!
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10596 posts
15787 upvotes
GT-EH
madman604 wrote: has anyone gotten Rogers to match this offer?

Hmm, I would like to know too...

Right now my 3 year contract is done... so I can cancel right now and switch.
I'm so tempted right now coz I'm on a stinking Rogers Corporate plan and they need to unlock my phone too.

What's are the good phone(s) to get from Wind right now? Variety seems limited.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
1348 posts
98 upvotes
Brampton
GiOBoY wrote: Hmm, I would like to know too...

Right now my 3 year contract is done... so I can cancel right now and switch.
I'm so tempted right now coz I'm on a stinking Rogers Corporate plan and they need to unlock my phone too.

What's are the good phone(s) to get from Wind right now? Variety seems limited.

TBH its all about the Black Berry. I picked up the LG phone for my dad. If all you are into is a phone its actually pretty cool. But i'm sure that will be done with by the 3rd minute you have the phone.

The andriod phone is garbage from every one who has had one. (the one wind offers) And if you can manage to get your hands on a Nokia N900 or a Nexus S. That's when you really understand the value of unlimited with this plan.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7027 upvotes
Gatineau
canadiankorean wrote: Can someone get the $40 unlimited everything and use it on a data stick?

Yes you can.

Take the sim card out of the phone and put it in the data stick. Change the APN on the data stick to internet.windmobile.ca . Done.

djino
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7027 upvotes
Gatineau
madman604 wrote: has anyone gotten Rogers to match this offer?

Can Rogers even match WIND's regular prices??
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10596 posts
15787 upvotes
GT-EH
Vednar wrote: TBH its all about the Black Berry. I picked up the LG phone for my dad. If all you are into is a phone its actually pretty cool. But i'm sure that will be done with by the 3rd minute you have the phone.

The andriod phone is garbage from every one who has had one. (the one wind offers) And if you can manage to get your hands on a Nokia N900 or a Nexus S. That's when you really understand the value of unlimited with this plan.

Yea was looking at the Blackberry Bold 9700... but $400! $#@!

Wind doesn't offer the N900 or Nexus S...
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
4201 posts
2228 upvotes
Niagara
djino wrote: Can Rogers even match WIND's regular prices??

And even if you can negotiate your way into an amazing plan, there's no way they'll match the no-term contract part of it.
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13940 posts
5439 upvotes
zulu5 wrote: I just called up Best Buy USA (Walden Gallaria location) and the mobile rep told me that they are only carrying tmobile term Nexus S's.

Thanks

zulu5

ebay or hofo
The sweetest gyal
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7027 upvotes
Gatineau
joey003 wrote: And even if you can negotiate your way into an amazing plan, there's no way they'll match the no-term contract part of it.

Exactly.

djino
"In these days of wireless deals, NO ONE SHOULD BE LOCKING IN!!!"
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
16186 posts
790 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
djino wrote: "In these days of wireless deals, NO ONE SHOULD BE LOCKING IN!!!"

So true.
Money, Religion, Sex and Politics is what it is all about!
99% Tryhard I've got hardwood flooring downstairs...if you know what I am talking about
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
1348 posts
98 upvotes
Brampton
GiOBoY wrote: Yea was looking at the Blackberry Bold 9700... but $400! $#@!

Wind doesn't offer the N900 or Nexus S...

Then get it on the tab for 250! If your not planning on jumping ship, then it pays for itself. (the remaining 150) And even if you stay for like 5 months and then leave, you won't have to pay the full 150 back.

http://www2.windmobile.ca/en/Pages/WINDTab.aspx

Oh and I meant to buy the other phones from Ebay or here on RFD to use with wind.