Expired Hot Deals

[Cheer] HOT HOT HOT! LIFE PLANS : Festive Cheer , and Holiday Miracle Plan! JAN 16th last day

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2011 7:50 am
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2007
1422 posts
376 upvotes
Bedford
Anybody been able to add a BB Torch to a Wind plan. Their web site does not list them as compatible...
Mar 27, 2007
326 posts
5 upvotes
Can someone give me some suggestions on a phone that works with Wind? I am coming from an Iphone 3GS. Not a fan of blackberry but don't want to spend 500 bucks either.

thanks
May 17, 2007
706 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto
If anybody is interested in getting either the BB9700 or the BB pearl PM me. I wanted to join WIND and figured might as well take advantage of the BOGO offer.

Also what happens if I got both phones myself and then say canceled the plan with the BB pearl? Do I keep the phone? (Sorry if this has already been discussed)
Aug 6, 2007
121 posts
7 upvotes
Hamilton
Starkicker wrote: Question for you guys; if I get this plan but don't get a BB - but then later on in the future decide to get one, can the infinite BB still be applied?
I was told the lifetime price remains as long as you don't make any changes to the plan. For example, going from the $25 plan to $40 plan or vice versa, switching between pre and post paid, changing phone number, would all take away the 'lifetime' deal. I think adding/removing add-on features would also apply to this but you'd have to confirm that.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2008
1775 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
fabfab wrote: I was told the lifetime price remains as long as you don't make any changes to the plan. For example, going from the $25 plan to $40 plan or vice versa, switching between pre and post paid, changing phone number, would all take away the 'lifetime' deal. I think adding/removing add-on features would also apply to this but you'd have to confirm that.

its been said in this thread that you can just get the infinite blackberry plan and it would work on non-bb phones
© 2015
Jan 12, 2003
44 posts
2 upvotes
Switched my son's always shout student plan to the $40 voice and data plan. It went smoothly via the csr.

I then called Robbers to give my 30 day notice to cancel two phones (no contract for one and the other expires in Jan) and will pick up two more wind phones with this current promotion. They are a bit sneaky in that they told me to wait until Wind ports out my numbers and it will cancel the account automatically BUT the thirty day notice starts from the day the number is ported and you end up paying an extra month. I know I will be paying a little extra in overlapped service but well worth it in the end :razz:
with no power comes no responsibilities
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2008
1775 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
gavbo wrote: If anybody is interested in getting either the BB9700 or the BB pearl PM me. I wanted to join WIND and figured might as well take advantage of the BOGO offer.

Also what happens if I got both phones myself and then say canceled the plan with the BB pearl? Do I keep the phone? (Sorry if this has already been discussed)

same here, il take the pearl or bold im in mississauga
© 2015
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3990 posts
940 upvotes
Markham
junot111 wrote: its been said in this thread that you can just get the infinite blackberry plan and it would work on non-bb phones

Yes it's true. The numbers I posted above is form an N900 tether to my computer using a "Blackberry" data plan.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Aug 6, 2007
121 posts
7 upvotes
Hamilton
d0rksterr wrote: any chance this deal will come back in the far future?

It depends on what your definition of 'far' is. Chances are it won't last long unless they start losing customers. The whole point of the promo is to build their customer base quickly, which from the posts here it sounds like they are accomplishing. Those of us willing to put up with the inconveniences of a startup - dropped calls, interference, inconsistent customer service, etc - deserve to get a better deal than those who join 'in the far future' when all the kinks are worked out.
Jun 30, 2010
603 posts
58 upvotes
Anybody interested in bogo offer please pm me.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1048 posts
52 upvotes
Scarborough
Trying to tread through a MOUNTAIN of message, seeing people mentioning BOGO. Does the BOGO phone deal apply with the 40 dollars deal?
ebay acct: yes, Im a redflagnoob
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2007
1268 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
Data very slow here 0.35mb/s speedtest, not sure if worth keeping data
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2005
5578 posts
183 upvotes
Scarborough
Jonavin wrote: [IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/1069460905.png[/IMG]

It gets better at night. :D

Those are closer to what I get with the WIND Data Stick...
RZ9 5900X|GB X570 Aorus Elite|2x8Gb DDR4-3000|eVGA GF RTX 3080 10GB XCU|eVGA SN750 P2|Antec P183|LG WH14NS40|Intel 730 480GB SSD|CC MX500 2TB SSD|SS 1TB|SoundBlaster Z|Logi Z-5500|LG 38WK95C/Len TV T22i-10|Logi G510|Logi G500|Ocu. Rift S
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
6323 posts
1188 upvotes
coldpower27 wrote: Those are closer to what I get with the WIND Data Stick...

He did say it was tethering that gave him that number.
May 28, 2009
484 posts
2 upvotes
^ ya how are you guys getting those speeds tehtering? when i tether my 9700 max i can get is like 2MBS
Aug 3, 2009
695 posts
114 upvotes
this is such a awesome deal!

i wish i could switch over, just called rogers and if i cancel I owe them $400!! grr, cant justify that...
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14712 posts
5760 upvotes
Gatineau
wikkid_bigshot wrote: Trying to tread through a MOUNTAIN of message, seeing people mentioning BOGO. Does the BOGO phone deal apply with the 40 dollars deal?

YMMV.

Depends on the rep you goto. Some reps will say No, some will do it.

djino
Aug 3, 2009
695 posts
114 upvotes
btw all you WIND PEOPLE!

I am selling bunch of phones for crazy low prices in GTA, check out the stuff i am selling
G2's, MyTouch 4G!
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14712 posts
5760 upvotes
Gatineau
JzUpFakesDown wrote: ^ ya how are you guys getting those speeds tehtering? when i tether my 9700 max i can get is like 2MBS

I usually get around 3.00 Mb/s

djino