Expired Hot Deals

[Cheer] HOT HOT HOT! LIFE PLANS : Festive Cheer , and Holiday Miracle Plan! JAN 16th last day

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2011 7:50 am
Nov 15, 2006
497 posts
69 upvotes
xtwo wrote: Anybody interested in bogo offer please pm me.
junot111 wrote: same here, il take the pearl or bold im in mississauga
gavbo wrote: If anybody is interested in getting either the BB9700 or the BB pearl PM me. I wanted to join WIND and figured might as well take advantage of the BOGO offer.

Also what happens if I got both phones myself and then say canceled the plan with the BB pearl? Do I keep the phone? (Sorry if this has already been discussed)

Also interested in BOGO deal(preferably the Bold) as well. Let me know if you want to split the phones.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3986 posts
939 upvotes
Markham
Since my N900 supports Flash, I can go to the site directly and have gotten 7Mbps many times. The USB data plan does tend to have lower latency (PING times) though. Sometimes your max speed is limited by your phone. The N900 specs has a top end of 10Mbps (for now, impossible on WIND's network).
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1048 posts
52 upvotes
Scarborough
cyphr wrote: this is such a awesome deal!

i wish i could switch over, just called rogers and if i cancel I owe them $400!! grr, cant justify that...

My current plan is 74.01 per month. I only get 200 anytime minute, unlimited weekend and evenings, 125 txt, 10 mins LD Canadian and 10 mins LD US, VM, CD, and 3 gigs of data.

74.01 - 45.6 (WIND plan with tax) = 28.44 per month

which is a total saving of 682.56 for the 2 years rogers is robbing me with a less superior plan.
As I take the 400 ECP Im left with 282.56 of savings, and buying a new phone (BB 9700) at 250 + tax will save me nothing but then I get a far superior plan.

If you are close to my shoe and have more than 2 years left in the plan (max ECP is 400) I would advice you think about it.
ebay acct: yes, Im a redflagnoob
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2001
1445 posts
139 upvotes
The Big 3 are just sitting back and watching Wind and Mobi compete with each other while they plan their next rate hike!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9927 posts
1369 upvotes
JzUpFakesDown wrote: ^ ya how are you guys getting those speeds tehtering? when i tether my 9700 max i can get is like 2MBS
Well, me, Jonavin and djino are on the Ottawa Wind network. Not sure if that matters.
Jonavin wrote: Since my N900 supports Flash, I can go to the site directly and have gotten 7Mbps many times. The USB data plan does tend to have lower latency (PING times) though. Sometimes your max speed is limited by your phone. The N900 specs has a top end of 10Mbps (for now, impossible on WIND's network).
I was running mine from my phone as well, but I only have 1 bar. Now I have 0 bars and my speed is like 0.64mbps download. lol
Feb 28, 2008
174 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
Whew! I just read through all the threads. It seems for new customers, to get the Windtab and the $40 unlimited talk+data, you need to go to certain stores? So far, I've read about the Scarborough Town Centre and a place in Brampton. Is there anywhere between these two cities, like in North York or Thornhill that also does the tab + this wonderful unlimited $40 deal?
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14709 posts
5757 upvotes
Gatineau
xla4life wrote: The Big 3 are just sitting back and watching Wind and Mobi compete with each other while they plan their next rate hike!

Trust me.. with this $40 For Life plan, its not just Mobilicity Clients jumping over (or back) to WIND, I'm pretty sure the majority are were with the Big 3. :)

djino
Sep 21, 2004
10537 posts
4872 upvotes
Calgary
cyphr wrote: this is such a awesome deal!

i wish i could switch over, just called rogers and if i cancel I owe them $400!! grr, cant justify that...

While $400 is not a small amount by any means, you should think about long term. The plan is good for lifetime. Assuming you save $25 a month, that's $300 a year and $1500 over five years. Looking at the big picture, I've just got this even though I renewed my contract with Rogers a couple months ago.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3986 posts
939 upvotes
Markham
taro-chan wrote: Well, me, Jonavin and djino are on the Ottawa Wind network. Not sure if that matters.

I was running mine from my phone as well, but I only have 1 bar. Now I have 0 bars and my speed is like 0.64mbps download. lol

I'm in Toronto actually. And what I've noticed is that the number of bars doesn't have anything to do with your data speeds. I've gotten 7Mbps with just 1 bar and 300Kbps with 5 bars. It depends on your location and time of day.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
2816 posts
453 upvotes
North York
For those interested in BOGO - what would be the cost of Bold, Pearl? I would be interested in one of those. Are there any other costs with Wind?
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3986 posts
939 upvotes
Markham
djino wrote: Trust me.. with this $40 For Life plan, its not just Mobilicity Clients jumping over (or back) to WIND, I'm pretty sure the majority are were with the Big 3. :)

djino

Not according to this poll. Most of it are from existing customers witching to the plan. Of course, being a HoFo poll, it's a bit skewed.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread. ... bile-promo
Feb 26, 2008
63 posts
4 upvotes
I got this plan with a nokia 5230, and now I may want to use my blackberry on the plan, will that be a problem or can they switch to BIS?
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2005
1265 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
b166er1337 wrote: While $400 is not a small amount by any means, you should think about long term. The plan is good for lifetime. Assuming you save $25 a month, that's $300 a year and $1500 over five years. Looking at the big picture, I've just got this even though I renewed my contract with Rogers a couple months ago.
How much were you paying Rogers before? Wow, if you just resigned a few months ago and had data, your ECF must have been like $500. :-0
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14709 posts
5757 upvotes
Gatineau
damn. My Maple is starting to get kinda HOT after streaming for almost 3 hours straight.

djino
"Time to shutt'er down for awhile"
Deal Addict
May 16, 2007
1584 posts
76 upvotes
djino wrote: Starkicker: You are better off having WIND apply Infinite Blackberry with this $40 deal now instead of later. Infinite Blackberry will work for Blackberry and Non-Blackberry devices.

If they just apply Infinite Mobile to the $40 deal then although it will work on a blackberry device for normal internet, but BIS won't. Calling wind later (when this deal expires) there's a huge chance they won't be able to make this change.

djino

Thanks djino; I'm a bit confused though; what is the difference between Infinite Blackberry and Infinite Mobile?

Thanks!
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3986 posts
939 upvotes
Markham
Starkicker wrote: Thanks djino; I'm a bit confused though; what is the difference between Infinite Blackberry and Infinite Mobile?

Thanks!

Just get Infinite Blackberry. You will thank me later.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3986 posts
939 upvotes
Markham
djino wrote: damn. My Maple is starting to get kinda HOT after streaming for almost 3 hours straight.

djino
"Time to shutt'er down for awhile"

Or get a phone that doesn't do that? lol.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1558 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto
Jonavin wrote: Just get Infinite Blackberry. You will thank me later.

As a new wind customer I bought the bb 9700 and got on this plan. Should I just assume that I'm on the Infinite BB? My account just shows "Always Shout and Infinite". No mention of BB Infinite. Also what is BIS?
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2381 posts
741 upvotes
If u have one year or less remaining then I don't advice the hefty cancellation fee.. Just change your plan as low as u can .. Cancel all extra features robbers charge to u.. Just activat call forwarding (to your new wind number) to rogers plan and let the plan expire on its maturity date. Then port that number to wind....
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!