Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Cheer

HOT HOT HOT! LIFE PLANS : Festive Cheer , and Holiday Miracle Plan! JAN 16th last day

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2011 7:50 am
Deal Fanatic
May 19, 2005
5044 posts
2740 upvotes
Earth
jindogae wrote: As a new wind customer I bought the bb 9700 and got on this plan. Should I just assume that I'm on the Infinite BB? My account just shows "Always Shout and Infinite". No mention of BB Infinite. Also what is BIS?

Yes. If you're email and BBM works than you're good. They don't have a separate "Always Shout and Infinite Mobile" and "Always Shout and Infinite Blackberry", it's just "Always Shout and Infinite" for everyone. BIS is just the Blackberry service, you NEED it for any blackberry to work, and it doesn't matter either way for other phones. So Infinite Blackberry will allow you to use any phone (BB and non-BB) in the future.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.

$99 10GB/month Can/US/Mexico, 1000 minutes, free evenings and weekend
Apr 1, 2008
9 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
I think when you get a new number from Wind, you have to port your existing number over when you sign up, and porting is free.
If you decided to wait for a few days, then port your old number over and cancel your new Wind number, you will have to pay some fee right?

anyone know?
May 16, 2004
57 posts
I was at St. Laurent Shopping Centre in Ottawa yesterday getting signed up on the $40 plan (with WindTab) and the CEO of Wind Mobile, Ken Campbell, was there talking to prospective customers. Supposedly he visits their different retail locations all the time. I just thought that it's admirable for him to be there in the front lines answering questions and promoting their service.
Deal Fanatic
May 19, 2005
5044 posts
2740 upvotes
Earth
toothman wrote: I was at St. Laurent Shopping Centre in Ottawa yesterday getting signed up on the $40 plan (with WindTab) and the CEO of Wind Mobile, Ken Campbell, was there talking to prospective customers. Supposedly he visits their different retail locations all the time. I just thought that it's admirable for him to be there in the front lines answering questions and promoting their service.

Was he promoting the $40 plan?
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.

$99 10GB/month Can/US/Mexico, 1000 minutes, free evenings and weekend
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
6434 posts
1239 upvotes
Canada
snoozetime wrote: I think when you get a new number from Wind, you have to port your existing number over when you sign up, and porting is free.
If you decided to wait for a few days, then port your old number over and cancel your new Wind number, you will have to pay some fee right?

anyone know?

+1

If I get a SIM card right now with a new phone number, can I port in an existing phone number in Feb 2011?
Or will the $40 plan be considering a change and I lose it?
May 7, 2006
269 posts
164 upvotes
Coquitlam
Does anyone know if Wind works in White Rock yet? Their coverage map still says coming in 2010 when there are only a few weeks left lol. Any answer would be appreciated.
Jan 24, 2007
522 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone wanting to split the price for BOGO? I prefer the bold. Located in Woodbridge.
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10597 posts
15792 upvotes
GT-EH
d0rksterr wrote: Anyone wanting to split the price for BOGO? I prefer the bold. Located in Woodbridge.

Just cancel the Pearl plan after 1 month and sell it...
Feb 26, 2008
63 posts
4 upvotes
darthmanak wrote: Does anyone know if Wind works in White Rock yet? Their coverage map still says coming in 2010 when there are only a few weeks left lol. Any answer would be appreciated.

From what I have been told they have most of the towers up and running in the areas it says coming in 2010, but until they have them all up and configured properly they will not officially cover those areas, though some parts do have coverage already
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
2074 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
Successfully got the BOGO + TAB + $40 plan !!! Funny thing that my Mobilicity didn't have any signals in the Windmobile store :( but Windmobile Signals on 9700 were full :)

Anybody want the Pearl + $40 plan .. PM me. I am in Markham / Downtown.

Thanks all for your advice !
Feb 18, 2010
727 posts
83 upvotes
Mr_A wrote: Successfully got the BOGO + TAB + $40 plan !!! Funny thing that my Mobilicity didn't have any signals in the Windmobile store :( but Windmobile Signals on 9700 were full :)
Rogers didn't have any signal in a Wind store either (although I was only in the Carlingwood one and the Blockbuster one on Rideau in Ottawa). :lol:
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
1764 posts
156 upvotes
darthmanak wrote: Does anyone know if Wind works in White Rock yet? Their coverage map still says coming in 2010 when there are only a few weeks left lol. Any answer would be appreciated.

Hope this helps, I went to the states through Highway 99 and Pacific Highway a few times this year and had reception all the way till I crossed the border.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2006
1047 posts
317 upvotes
Vancouver
Mr_A wrote: Funny thing that my Mobilicity didn't have any signals in the Windmobile store :( but Windmobile Signals on 9700 were full :)

I asked them about it and they said they installed micro-cells inside each store. Clever bastards.
Dec 24, 2006
346 posts
304 upvotes
Vancouver
Midevilshadow wrote: I hope that this isn't considered thread hijacking, but could those on Mobilicity and those on Wind post some speed tests as well as their locations? It would be good for those considering to switch from Mobilicity (e.g. me :razz :) .

Mobilicity
Finch and Leslie, Toronto.
[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/1069290359.png[/IMG]
djino wrote: I get an average of 3.00 Mb/s down and 0.30 Mb/s up with WIND in Aylmer, Qc (Ottawa ZONE)

djino
taro-chan wrote: [IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/1069312875.png[/IMG]
Not sure if this helps you... But I am in Ottawa in my cube at Carling Campus (ex-Nortel Campus) with 1 bar out of 4.
Jonavin wrote: [IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/1069460905.png[/IMG]

It gets better at night. :D

[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/android/22360776.png[/IMG]

I'm at home in the SE of Calgary (which is a pretty spotty area). The speed varies.

[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/1069675074.png[/IMG]

My laptop speed when tethered at home.
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10597 posts
15792 upvotes
GT-EH
Mr_A wrote: Successfully got the BOGO + TAB + $40 plan !!! Funny thing that my Mobilicity didn't have any signals in the Windmobile store :( but Windmobile Signals on 9700 were full :)

Where did you go to get this plan?

Did they sign you up on a $45 dollar plan first and then make you call in to a CSR to have it switched over to $40 later?
(one place told me this was the procedure to get the BOGO + tab + $40 deal)
Dec 1, 2007
146 posts
20 upvotes
Wind and Mobilicity's servers are in Ont. From Van or Calgary - if you select a local server - the signal goes to Ont. then back to the local server.

Ont speedtests will always be faster until we get a server in the west.

That's what I think - my Telus internet locally is twice as fast as selecting an Ontario server from here.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
2074 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto

For anybody interested in the plan... I got it at the Scarborough Town Centre Windmobile store. The lady who signed me up was an asian lady and was very cooperative. She signed up everything together and I didn't have to call the CSR. Hope that helps. I did get denied the same thing at Windmobile kiosk @ College park but these guys were nice. Happy hunting guys :twisted:
Feb 15, 2006
255 posts
15 upvotes
This 40$ deal sounds like a great plan, I'm thinking of canceling my account with robbers. Is there certain procedure, and who would do porting, Wind or Rogers?
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
12225 posts
2957 upvotes
And Nokia offers free lifetime map update on all NAVTEQ map. You can essentially fit the whole world in a 8GB SDHC.
Busybuyer888 wrote: I got a Nokia 5230 yesterday. I thought I would share my experience so far.

For $98, it is a nice package. (Nice solid feel, nice size.)

The Nokia 5230 is a basic touch screen colour smartphone (based on Symbian OS). It is a phone first and smart-stuff second. (ie. it does't have have the sophistication of a Windows Mobile 6.5, nor Android phone, nor iPhone ... but then it is only $100)

Pros
1) Nokia quality vs. the other no-name brands offered by Wind. (ie. Hauwei, Alcatel, etc.)
2) Colour Touch screen (automatically switches between portrait/landscape as you turn/tilt phone)
3) Phone dialing is very good - big buttons
4) Your voice quality is very good on other end. Speakerphone sound is loud and deep/warm.
5) Supports one (1) email account (Pop3, Exchange, hotmail, etc.) (doesn't support in-line HTML, the HTML is treated as attachement - opens in browser.)
6) Internet Browser (little sluggish, but works). Pages can be zoomed for better readability. Text is a little small as screen is small.
7) SMS/MMS - text/picture messaging (keypad or virtual qwerty in landscape mode - large keys)
8) GPS functionality (their own apps, non-google maps), even voice turn by turn application.
9) 2 MP camera (works good)
10) Bluetooth (have not tried it yet, no bluetooth apps in phone either .. hmmm)
11) Can load contacts from Outlook, attached pictures to contacts.
12) Plays Music and videos, has Youtube app.
13) D/L apps for the Nokia OVI store (don't expect a lot like on itunes).

Cons:
1) Screen is on the narrow side for email/internet --> can turn to landscape mode.
2) Browser, apps are on the slowish side.

This Nokia as a phone is very good, the apps/smart suff is useable and for $100 I feel I got more than my money's worth.

http://www.nokia.ca/find-products/phone ... ifications

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)