Expired Hot Deals

[Cheer] HOT HOT HOT! LIFE PLANS : Festive Cheer , and Holiday Miracle Plan! JAN 16th last day

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2011 7:50 am
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2005
1263 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
junot111 wrote: Thank you for the response,
so the $150 windtab comes off before taxes, and you only get taxed for the $250 price. But then what about the $150 tab? Would that be taxed making the tab actually 169.50?

What I plan on doing is splitting the cost even at first like you said 141.25, with the one getting the pearl possibly paying more. Then the one with the bold ends up with the tab
There's no tax on the tab. The email I received from WIND said my tab was $150, not $150 + tax.
Newbie
Dec 26, 2008
67 posts
15 upvotes
When is the Bold 9780 coming to WIND? Will it be before the 26th?

I have an unlocked 9700 on Virgin currently. I want to take advantage of the deal, but buying an outdated phone for full-price doesn't sit well with me, assuming I can't finagle my way into getting it on WindTab as others have been able to do.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 5, 2007
1503 posts
122 upvotes
bargain man wrote: yes it will work but you WILL NOT be able to use 3G data, you will be stuck with edge

stuck with EDGE and also ROAMING on rogers, paying 25cents per mins for calls. Data is also charged when ur roaming.
kinda defeats the purpose of going with Wind doesnt it...?
Member
User avatar
Oct 1, 2007
304 posts
63 upvotes
bargain man wrote: yes it will work but you WILL NOT be able to use 3G data, you will be stuck with edge


NO IT WILL NOT WORK. It does not have the right frequency to work on WINDS network. If you have a doubt goto a wind store and ask them to try their sim to see. I am 100% SURE ANY IPHONE WILL NOT WORK WITH WIND!
Member
User avatar
Nov 26, 2009
350 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
+1
WIND doesn't have an EDGE network to fall back on either.
Rogers, Bell, Telus, etc phones won't work.
T-Mobile US, WIND, and Mobilicity phones will
Sr. Member
Jul 21, 2006
549 posts
153 upvotes
Kryst wrote: +1
WIND doesn't have an EDGE network to fall back on either.
Rogers, Bell, Telus, etc phones won't work.
T-Mobile US, WIND, and Mobilicity phones will

Wind doesn't, but Wind's Away Zone partner in Canada, Rogers would give them EDGE. But that would mean no point in being on Wind, as you would have to be on Away Zone at all times and pay 25cents a minute for calls.
Member
Jul 16, 2006
260 posts
54 upvotes
Can someone confirm data speeds on huawei 8100 after switching.. not sure if the configs are correct -- my mms config still has no green (active) status next to it, and the internet settings appear to be going through something that was pre-setup prior to switching on data. Also the icons are confusing as sometimes it shows 3G and other times H. browsing speed feels like it's on a 14.4kbbps modem.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 9, 2009
2333 posts
721 upvotes
Will the wind blackberry work on rogers after unlocking?

As per tech specs it should but like to confirm if some one had practically did it in the past.
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!
Sr. Member
Jul 21, 2006
549 posts
153 upvotes
Quote Originally Posted by JustinCredible View Post
BLACKBERRY DATA IS JUST REGULAR DATA WITH ONE EXTRA APN INCLUDED. There is NO difference when using regular phones. Please SEARCH as this has been covered countless times in all the forums for years now.

In fact it's beyond tiresome. Why do people continue relying on CSR's who don't even know what WAP means, or the difference between 2G VS 3G? Seriously now!

BB data plan is simply a regular data plan that gives you full access to internet.windmobile.ca with the added APN for BIS included for free. Anyone who claims it can't work for other devices is simply a marketing crony who doesn't get it. IT HAS INTERNET.WINDMOBILE.CA APN because most Blackberry third party applications and tethering require the regular APN, just like all other devices.

This is the same on pretty much ALL GSM carriers worldwide. BB DATA IS UNIVERSAL. PERIOD.

Please please please, stop talking to clueless reps at carriers about using your Nexus Ones on BB plans and therefore confusing yourselves (and them). Don't even mention your device. Just get the BB plan and leave it. Done.
from hofo


I am wondering about the above statement, on many forums at least for T-Mobile, people talk about their non-blackberry phones not working on blackberry plans. Can others confirm that it actually would work for their experience? Thx.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
9526 posts
950 upvotes
dpolites wrote: Quote Originally Posted by JustinCredible View Post
BLACKBERRY DATA IS JUST REGULAR DATA WITH ONE EXTRA APN INCLUDED. There is NO difference when using regular phones. Please SEARCH as this has been covered countless times in all the forums for years now.

In fact it's beyond tiresome. Why do people continue relying on CSR's who don't even know what WAP means, or the difference between 2G VS 3G? Seriously now!

BB data plan is simply a regular data plan that gives you full access to internet.windmobile.ca with the added APN for BIS included for free. Anyone who claims it can't work for other devices is simply a marketing crony who doesn't get it. IT HAS INTERNET.WINDMOBILE.CA APN because most Blackberry third party applications and tethering require the regular APN, just like all other devices.

This is the same on pretty much ALL GSM carriers worldwide. BB DATA IS UNIVERSAL. PERIOD.

Please please please, stop talking to clueless reps at carriers about using your Nexus Ones on BB plans and therefore confusing yourselves (and them). Don't even mention your device. Just get the BB plan and leave it. Done.
from hofo


I am wondering about the above statement, on many forums at least for T-Mobile, people talk about their non-blackberry phones not working on blackberry plans. Can others confirm that it actually would work for their experience? Thx.

He's right, and it's people being misinformed and / or stupid.

Heck, I use data on my Sony Ericsson K850i with Blackberry 6GB.
Jr. Member
Jan 21, 2010
162 posts
115 upvotes
Toronto
uknowzip wrote: Can anyone comment on the quality of the data service in Hamilton/Burlington area? Thanks.

Just buy the phone from Wind, you have 14 days to return it, just stay under 30 minutes of airtime. Try it at work, home, gf house, etc. I just bought the BB Curve 3G, and I'm going to return it. The Wind network is awesome for me, I was at a bar last night and my Wind Curve had full bars while my Rogers iPhone had 2 bars!! I'm in the West End Etobicoke. I'm returning the Curve, because I'm getting the Nexus S on Thursday.

[IMG]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5086/525 ... 87bb96.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 15, 2008
9282 posts
2067 upvotes
Toronto
zulu5 wrote: Just buy the phone from Wind, you have 14 days to return it, just stay under 30 minutes of airtime. Try it at work, home, gf house, etc. I just bought the BB Curve 3G, and I'm going to return it. The Wind network is awesome for me, I was at a bar last night and my Wind Curve had full bars while my Rogers iPhone had 2 bars!! I'm in the West End Etobicoke. I'm returning the Curve, because I'm getting the Nexus S on Thursday.

are you buying it in the states or is there a place to get it in canada?
Jr. Member
Jan 21, 2010
162 posts
115 upvotes
Toronto
sexyj wrote: well if you mentioned that you are gonna port out, obviously they are not gonna help you out with the second line :facepalm:

Thanks buddy, I was about to ditch my number because my gf is taking over my rogers contract and porting her number from solo. Which means my number is gonzo. But I called up rogers today and opened up a monthly no term plan, the unlimited 30 plan and changed my number over to that one, and my gf ported her solo number over. Now I just have to go to Wind and have my number ported over to Wind.

I = win
GF = wins
Wind = wins
Rogers = LOSES :lol:
Member
Jan 24, 2007
481 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
Sorry if this has been addressed before but is there any way to get the BOGO promotion without activating 2 lines or activating them both and canceling one right away without any fee?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 2, 2002
1313 posts
93 upvotes
Can anyone comment on the data connection of wind currently? I know its consistently faster than Mob,i but when the service just started it was unreliable. Dropping the signal quite often. Hae things changed?

Top