Expired Hot Deals

[Cheer] HOT HOT HOT! LIFE PLANS : Festive Cheer , and Holiday Miracle Plan! JAN 16th last day

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2011 7:50 am
Sep 11, 2007
482 posts
83 upvotes
sweet, thanks. just upgraded.. painless.... FINALLY! mms does not cost 20c
Deal Addict
May 16, 2007
1584 posts
76 upvotes
Question for you guys; if I get this plan but don't get a BB - but then later on in the future decide to get one, can the infinite BB still be applied?
Sep 17, 2003
702 posts
13 upvotes
How is your reception with Wind? I'm with Mobilicity using a Samsung Vibrant and typically indoors I get on average 1 to 2 (if I'm lucky 3) bars around the scarborough and richmond hill area.

Can't decide if I should stay or switch.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14701 posts
5750 upvotes
Gatineau
Starkicker wrote: Question for you guys; if I get this plan but don't get a BB - but then later on in the future decide to get one, can the infinite BB still be applied?

Starkicker: You are better off having WIND apply Infinite Blackberry with this $40 deal now instead of later. Infinite Blackberry will work for Blackberry and Non-Blackberry devices.

If they just apply Infinite Mobile to the $40 deal then although it will work on a blackberry device for normal internet, but BIS won't. Calling wind later (when this deal expires) there's a huge chance they won't be able to make this change.

djino
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2004
4713 posts
252 upvotes
Coquitlam
well since i have an iPhone, wind is off limits for me now. however after people start to jump ship im hoping rogers will try to be more competitive. Im still stuck for 2 yrs with them anyways.

i wonder if Wind will ever get more bands?
HOW CAN I BE GOING BROKE WHEN I'M SAVING SO MUCH MONEY!?
MY EBAY FEEDBACK
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
3518 posts
1393 upvotes
Grimsby
madman604 wrote: well since i have an iPhone, wind is off limits for me now. however after people start to jump ship im hoping rogers will try to be more competitive. Im still stuck for 2 yrs with them anyways.

i wonder if Wind will ever get more bands?

They may if there's auctions for spectrum in the future.

But the real question is will Apple add 1700 band to the next or future iPhone?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2003
8491 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
djino wrote: If you are an existing customer, you can use LIVE HELP or call 611.

If you are a new customer. Stop by a store.

djino

Are all stores capable of handling technical support issues or just corporate stores/non "authorized" dealers? I find the people at these "authorized" resellers/dealers are a headache. They don't know jack****. They won't do jack****.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14701 posts
5750 upvotes
Gatineau
MtX wrote: Are all stores capable of handling technical support issues or just corporate stores/non "authorized" dealers? I find the people at these "authorized" resellers/dealers are a headache. They don't know jack****. They won't do jack****.

All Store reps regardless of stores should be able to all perform the same tasks. The question is, if they run into issues, is the rep in question knowledgeable to be able to work around it to fix it. Most reps who don't know the system will just say that whatever you want done, Can't be done.

djino
"YMMV with all store reps"
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14701 posts
5750 upvotes
Gatineau
HyperTech wrote: is this available in Montreal, Quebec?

As mentioned many times in this thread, Videotron bought all spectrum rights for Quebec. A Wind phone can still be used in quebec, but we would be roaming on the rogers network paying 25cents/minute for all calls.

djino
Aug 6, 2007
121 posts
7 upvotes
Hamilton
e-man wrote: if you aren't on contract, asking for a cancellation now probably isn't a bad idea. the reason is that you have to give them 30 days notice. so if you ported out today, you'd still owe they 30 days worth of fees/service. on the other hand, if you told them you wanted to cancel today (but don't port out), you'll still have service for 30 days and the clock will start ticking. you could always then reverse the cancellation if you changed your mind.

i've never done this, so make sure that ask the rep about it first.

You can ask to future date your port until after the 30 notice period, but of course that might be an issue getting in on this offer. The CCTS (Telecom Complaints Commissioner) put out a report saying that the 30 day notice is unfair to customers because it causes "unwarranted cost or inconvenience" and therefore fails the objective of the CRTC's porting requirement; There is no reason for a customer to be double-billed for a month of service they can't use. Although there is a 30-day notice clause in most contracts you can call and ask for the charge to be reversed. If they refuse you can file a complaint with the CCTS. Doing so would not only get your money back (hopefully) but it would also put pressure on wireless companies to change their notice policies. Afterall, do these companies really want the CRTC imposing more rules on them??

Deal with your provider first... call, talk to manager, email complaint, then email their ombudsman. If you still aren't satisfied after these steps, you can file a complaint with the CCTS:
https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/en/complaints
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
9269 posts
12192 upvotes
GT-EH
I just called the Wind Mobile Location @ First Markham Place.

They told me this $40 deal cannot be combined with Windtab!
I guess I gotta go somewhere else to get my phone.....

BTW.. I can't seem to see this plan published anywhere on their website as proof either.
I can't even walk into a dealer and show them the terms and conditions other than what's mentioned in hofo or here.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14701 posts
5750 upvotes
Gatineau
GiOBoY wrote: I just called the Wind Mobile Location @ First Markham Place.

BTW.. I can't seem to see this plan published anywhere on their website as proof either.
I can't even walk into a dealer and show them the terms and conditions other than what's mentioned in hofo or here.

YMMV with store reps...

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread. ... st14170600
rajax wrote: I also got tab and $40 plan - I was a brand new customer and got a new number as I haven't had a cell phone for years.
Nov 1, 2004
766 posts
26 upvotes
Anyone able to get a plan with windtab and switch it right away to 40$ plan?

The agent told me there's no way to get tab with it.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
1341 posts
91 upvotes
Brampton
GiOBoY wrote: I just called the Wind Mobile Location @ First Markham Place.

Its an unadvertised deal from what I am told. They want people to spread it through word of mouth. But All the specifics of the deal have been confirmed from mountains of people from different reps. And I have tested the features and they do work.