Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Cheer

HOT HOT HOT! LIFE PLANS : Festive Cheer , and Holiday Miracle Plan! JAN 16th last day

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2011 7:50 am
May 17, 2010
561 posts
44 upvotes
ADRiiAN` wrote: They have fixed that weeks back.

Some guy posted on howardforums 3 days ago sayin the coverage hasnt been improved since may.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
4795 posts
3847 upvotes
GTA
bullocks wrote: Some guy posted on howardforums 3 days ago sayin the coverage hasnt been improved since may.

Hmmm...I know that Courtney Park area (Near the 2 high schools) have been greatly improved.
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
1763 posts
73 upvotes
Messerschmitt wrote: I have just stopped paying Rogers my bill after I told them I will no longer use their service. My contract was still until July next year.
What are they going to do? Make collections phone me? lol. And even IF my credit will take a hit, what's the big deal? I already have credit card which I continuously use, line of credit, etc, plus not planning to borrow money anytime soon in the future. Not sure why people are so afraid to stand up to rogers and tell them to shove it in their arse. You are no longer using their service, I find it outrageous trying to still charge you because you "breached" their so called "contract".

And just for the record. I did the same thing a few years ago with Telus. I just refused to pay their bill and told them I am no longer using their service hence they won't be seeing any cent from me anymore, and don't give a darn about their "contract". After a few phone calls they gave up. Since then I opened a line of credit, so apparently my credit wasn't very affected (like I said, I had credit cards which I continuously used, and paid in full, so IF they affected my credit, they obviously not affected it enough since the bank was pleased to let me have a line of credit).

You are my hero. Can I buy you some data?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
3161 posts
3308 upvotes
gamer4Life wrote: Should we really switch to Wind? After all, it's not majority Canadian owned, and we should show patriotism by sticking with a Canadian company that creates Canadian jobs. Right? :confused:

lol... if canadian companies are doing a "bad" job, then you should move away. this is a way to send a message to them to improve their technology and services. the big 3 are not weak companies (relative to the rest of the world) that will get squished because wind introduced a couple of cheap plans for christmas. they'll see their customer base drop but will definitely improve their technology to get them back.

better to train them to compete with wind now than compete with a mega company which may enter the canadian market in the future.
Dec 24, 2006
346 posts
304 upvotes
Vancouver
Messerschmitt wrote: With mobicility, you also won't get overcharged either, since you need to have money in MyWallet. So you know for sure you pay 30$ or whatever your plan is every month. No such thing as "yea you know, you actually used 15 minutes outside our coverage, that would be 5$ extra". Also, not sure if you can combine their plan with the pay in advance for 3-6-12 months and get even more savings.

It's the same with Wind, if you don't have money in your PayBefore account balance you wouldn't be able to make the call in the first place when roaming. I'm pretty sure it's only PayAfter that can get dinged, but it's pretty obvious when you're not in a wind zone, it'll say on the screen. And there isn't a pay in advance to get savings, but there is WindTab which will help you get a phone for cheaper (which still saves you money). Hope that helps. If you enjoy Mobilicity that's good, but it's not even an option for those like me in Calgary. Both options are good in my opinion, it just comes down on which one you want to support.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
6135 posts
1981 upvotes
Scarborough
Is it possible to buy a Blackberry Bold 9700 for $250 (150 off Windtab) and combine it with this deal? The only deal I see is from the BOGO free with the pearl 9100.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
1503 posts
122 upvotes
SkimGuy wrote: Is it possible to buy a Blackberry Bold 9700 for $250 (150 off Windtab) and combine it with this deal? The only deal I see is from the BOGO free with the pearl 9100.

From previous replies, the BOGO BB deal will NOT work with this. But the WINDTAB WILL!!
SO yes, the 150 bucks off the 9700 will work.
Temp. Banned
Mar 26, 2005
1984 posts
89 upvotes
Canada
SkimGuy wrote: Is it possible to buy a Blackberry Bold 9700 for $250 (150 off Windtab) and combine it with this deal? The only deal I see is from the BOGO free with the pearl 9100.
That'd be awesome if you could combine both the BOGO and the WindTab offer..essentially $250 for both phones!
Items currently for sale
Dec 27, 2008
174 posts
4 upvotes
almost 12:00am ..is anyone gonna call wind to switch now? :evil: :lol:
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
1763 posts
73 upvotes
MrDisco wrote: ok please break this down for me, as a complete cell phone newb. so for $40 I get unlimited world-wide texting, i can call anyone in canada and US, and i get unlimited data??

would it be worth it to pay a cancellation penalty and break out of my rogers and bell contracts?
what are some really good smartphones that are compatible with Wind (someone previously said iPhones are a no go).

edit: oh and what makes this plan better than mobilicity's $40 holiday special?

I can't believe no one's answered this yet.

Here's a breakdown of what you get by region (this is TO this region NOT WITHIN, it is always within a Home Zone):

Canada: Everything is unlimited: Talk, Text, Data, MMA
US: Texting, Caling
World: Texting

And yes, if the promotion is real then it would all be $40+tax = ~$45 for life

It might we worth it to pay the cancellation fees, or keep the contract for the rest of its duration. There are new cancellation fee policies in place (not the old $400 standard) based on how many months you have left in your contract. For example I had three months left and had to pay 100$ but saved 50$/month in fees. This is very YMMV.

In general, all phones on the market today, apart from the iPhone have some sort of variant that will work on Wind's network. Blackberries do come in AWS versions, although there is currently no Torch and the 9780 was just released on T-Mobile, so we should see that in a few months for the new entrants. Android phones are very popular, and anything you see on the T-Mobile website will work, including from manufacturers such as Samsung (S series), HTC (Desire, etc.).

What makes the Wind plan better is a better network. That's from what I've read and culminated. I stay mostly within North York to Downtown and I haven't had a dropped call in months. Download speeds today were 4.4 Mbps tethered via USB to my laptop.

Personally I was going to port out to Mobilicity because my plan of half-off data with Always shout + 5$ texting was costing me ~$65 per month. This'll save a nice chunk of change. Now if only my Nexus One was working...
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2008
1775 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
so the windtab with any phone will work with this deal?
© 2015
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2008
1963 posts
831 upvotes
White Rock
Too bad WIND doesn't cover South Surrey / White Rock.
Jan 26, 2009
420 posts
204 upvotes
soniko wrote: almost 12:00am ..is anyone gonna call wind to switch now? :evil: :lol:

+1

Technically it is December 10,2010
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1050 posts
100 upvotes
Scarborough
Think i might use this to try and pry a better deal from virgin. If they don't budge then i'll switch to wind.
Jan 14, 2008
30 posts
2 upvotes
Brampton
its creepy how over-200 people are viewing this thread at the same time loll
Oct 20, 2007
188 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
wmahmud wrote: Are people going to try and talk to rogers to get them to match??

i called Rogers Retention yesterday asking them if they will match Mobilicity $40/month plan. The retention rep offered me the following

$35 - unlimited minutes local calls
or
$50 - unlimited North America calls + SMS

or

$17.50 - 200 weekdays, unlimited evening/weekend starting at 6pm
$10 - Call display, VM, 2500 SMS
$25 - 500 MB data
$2.43 - Government fees
+ HST
and $149.99 for Blackberry Bold 9780 with a 3 years renewal

I LOL and told her to have a nice day.
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
The_Duke_Of_Eli wrote: You are my hero. Can I buy you some data?

I'l take a virtual beer

But yea, you really think that because someone like rogers reporting you it will screw you? Especially if you have credit card and make every monthly payment (in which case you actually TAKE money, so not paying them back would be bad, vs a service you don't use like phone).
You think that the banker will not give you the a loan and receive that sweet interest of your butt just because you refused to pay someone like robbers a service you don't use while you pay all your debt on time and in full? (credit card, etc)

Then again, it's your choice how you want to spend your money, and if you want to be scared like you committed murder just because you don't want to pay anymore for a service you no longer use, and think a report from rogers for not paying their cancellation fee will destroy your credit until you are 75 years old.

I'l let you know if my world crumbled because I didn't felt in the mood to get ripped off, and no longer can do anything financially because I didn't paid robbers their cancellation fees.
Oct 24, 2009
1 posts
Markham
Anyone know how is the coverage near 16th ave and McCowan Rd? Thanks!

The coverage map in wind shows "Wind Zone Later in 2010", but not sure if that is already done.