Expired Hot Deals

[Cheer] HOT HOT HOT! LIFE PLANS : Festive Cheer , and Holiday Miracle Plan! JAN 16th last day

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2011 7:50 am
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
1986 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
Windmobile assigns you a number on the sim card when you orginally activate it on your blackberry. You see that number diplayed under "My Number" when you press Talk button. Once you port your number, your number will be updated on the carrier side but it will show up as the original number under "My Number" field. Here's how you update it :

1. Go to Options
2. Select Advanced Options
3. Select SIM Card
4. From SIM Card highlight "Phone Number" and press the menu button and select "Edit SIM Phone Number
5. Change the SIM number then exit and Save

You'll be set. :twisted:
Aug 7, 2004
641 posts
153 upvotes
Is it possible to transfer a Fido retentions plan to someone else, in order to get in on this deal?
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2002
1009 posts
247 upvotes
Mr_A wrote: Windmobile assigns you a number on the sim card when you orginally activate it on your blackberry. You see that number diplayed under "My Number" when you press Talk button. Once you port your number, your number will be updated on the carrier side but it will show up as the original number under "My Number" field. Here's how you update it :

1. Go to Options
3. Select SIM Card
4. From SIM Card highlight "Phone Number" and press the menu button and select "Edit SIM Phone Number

So does this mean that you don't need to get a new SIM if you port your number after you've already been assigned a number? I always thought the SIM was locked to the phone number that it was originally set up with. So in your instructions, I can ask Wind to port another number over onto my account and not have to get a new SIM.
[OP]
Jan 26, 2009
420 posts
204 upvotes
ginko123 wrote: Wow that's good to know. Hopefully when I get my wind phone, I will get good reception in west mississauga area of 407/Eglinton.

LOL you won't , it's a dead zone!
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
1986 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
Bincent wrote: So does this mean that you don't need to get a new SIM if you port your number after you've already been assigned a number? I always thought the SIM was locked to the phone number that it was originally set up with. So in your instructions, I can ask Wind to port another number over onto my account and not have to get a new SIM.

That is correct. You only need 1 sim card per line.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14709 posts
5757 upvotes
Gatineau
gamer4Life wrote: Is it possible to transfer a Fido retentions plan to someone else, in order to get in on this deal?

Why wouldn't it be possible?

If your question is, is it possible to port your number to WIND while transferring the contract with Fido to someone else, then thats a bit different.

djino
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3986 posts
939 upvotes
Markham
Bincent wrote: So does this mean that you don't need to get a new SIM if you port your number after you've already been assigned a number? I always thought the SIM was locked to the phone number that it was originally set up with. So in your instructions, I can ask Wind to port another number over onto my account and not have to get a new SIM.

It depends. If you ported at the time of activation they give you a temp number and your real number i sported over (usually in 2 hours). If you decide to get a line and don't port in until later, they might have to give you a new SIM card ($10 cost for this).

I heard that for this promo, you are not allowed to port in after the promo is over. They want to prevent people from selling these plans on kijiji and cragslist after the promo is over.
Dec 3, 2010
102 posts
5 upvotes
Calgary
What a great company. Won an XT720 at their anniversary giveaway today.

Does anyone know if there is any way to offset cancellation fees from Bell?
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3986 posts
939 upvotes
Markham
fabfab wrote: Just a reminder to everyone that receiving short codes from facebook and twitter are free, but sending/replying is 10 cents in Home zone and 15 cents Away. I thought this fell under the unlimited text but it doesn't. I turned off my notifcations so I don't get charged again.

Your notification is free, just sending costs money. I turn on notification to same battery. Then when there's something I need to respond to or I want to tweet, I just launch the app or website on my phone. Data is unlimited but most phones' battery die faster if the app is always pulling.
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
12123 posts
3210 upvotes
scrappygolucky wrote: What a great company. Won an XT720 at their anniversary giveaway today.

Does anyone know if there is any way to offset cancellation fees from Bell?

sell your free phone
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Aug 6, 2007
121 posts
7 upvotes
Hamilton
Jonavin wrote: Your notification is free, just sending costs money. I turn on notification to same battery. Then when there's something I need to respond to or I want to tweet, I just launch the app or website on my phone. Data is unlimited but most phones' battery die faster if the app is always pulling.

Thanks for the tip!
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3564 posts
1695 upvotes
Good timing as my 6-month Shout promo just ran out. Switched over to the $25 plan just now. There was a glitch and a slight delay but they prevented me from waiting by calling me back when the switch over was complete.
Jan 17, 2007
109 posts
33 upvotes
Brampton
Genblue wrote: Has anyone gone to pick up the Nexus S at Best Buy in the US? It was released today in the US. No release date in Canada (that I'm aware of).

I grabbed one today in Buffalo. As of 4 pm one Best Buy (clarence) had some left in stock.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
6269 posts
1147 upvotes
Mississauga
gamer4Life wrote: Is it possible to transfer a Fido retentions plan to someone else, in order to get in on this deal?

Would like to know this too. I'm still under contract with Fido but want to give the plan to a family member and port my existing number to Wind. Anybody know if this is possible or has done this?
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
2833 posts
471 upvotes
North York
Mr_A wrote: Windmobile assigns you a number on the sim card when you orginally activate it on your blackberry. You see that number diplayed under "My Number" when you press Talk button. Once you port your number, your number will be updated on the carrier side but it will show up as the original number under "My Number" field. Here's how you update it :

1. Go to Options
3. Select SIM Card

Hi, did all of the above - got message "Sim Card: Security Disabled"
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3986 posts
939 upvotes
Markham
Free Willy wrote: Why would they expand to Whistler and not, say, London, or Kingston? :(

If I end up going to either of the unis there next year I'm going to hate having to give up my plan. :(

They were there before for the Winter Olympics. And maybe the boss just likes to ski.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1559 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto
So I picked up the 9700 + wintab on the $40 plan but now my parents want one. They want a bb but don't need data. Is it possible to get the BOGO on the festive $25 plan and add a small data pack that I can remove after say 1 month?
Feb 21, 2006
140 posts
Just made the switch to the Holiday Miracle Plan. I had a discounted Always Shout plan plus $10 US-calling add-on. Thank you OP!

eta: Ugh. Now my phone is inactive!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9927 posts
1369 upvotes
jindogae wrote: So I picked up the 9700 + wintab on the $40 plan but now my parents want one. They want a bb but don't need data. Is it possible to get the BOGO on the festive $25 plan and add a small data pack that I can remove after say 1 month?
You can probably even get away with just the 25 dollar plan...