Expired Hot Deals

[Cheer] HOT HOT HOT! LIFE PLANS : Festive Cheer , and Holiday Miracle Plan! JAN 16th last day

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2011 7:50 am
Jul 5, 2006
428 posts
171 upvotes
DealGiver wrote: why not BB Curve? Anything wrong with it?
I think XT720 has a bigger screen and thus more entertainment.
Dec 5, 2010
481 posts
63 upvotes
Wait is everything unlimited included the us long distance and global texting?

i just realized it was part of the plan.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3420 posts
797 upvotes
Toronto
slowtyper wrote: People talk about selling their rogers/fido plans/contracts. I don't quite understand, why would anybody buy a contract? or are you paying someone else to takeover the contract? How much does this go for?

I have a year left on my contract/plan which is the $17.50 plan but no SAF fee.

There is a thread here somewhere where somebody is selling plans for as high as $450 ! You just have to look at how much someone would save on one of these plans to determine if its worth the cost. If there is 36 months left on a contract then 450 works out to be around $13 a month. So if you saving more than that over what you would pay elsewhere then why not ? Personally $450 seems extreme to me but maybe not to someone else.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2005
3156 posts
671 upvotes
epiksales wrote: Wait is everything unlimited included the us long distance and global texting?

i just realized it was part of the plan.

Yes :)
Jun 7, 2005
239 posts
14 upvotes
I am thinking of getting the $40 plan soon and I am wondering is there a cheaper way to get the SIM card? Winds selection of phones aren't really interesting me at all. It seems like its $25 off the website and I won a bid on the HTC HD2 to use.
"That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet".
Nov 13, 2007
162 posts
25 upvotes
got the bogo deal with $40 miracle deal and was able to use facebook coupon too
got my numbers ported which didn't take longer than an hour so that was great.
everything has been working like a charm... the reception's been pretty good from where i've been (midtown and scarborough)

gave the pearl to my dad and got him the $25 festive plan to go with it. didn't have to add the data add-on.

just wanted to say thanks! this is my first smartphone and first time using data. it's awesome!! :)
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2005
2157 posts
601 upvotes
Maple
Thanks OP

managed to find one last 9700 bold !

I do have a pearl if anyone needs it?

Chris ill even include one month of service free !
Banned
Mar 22, 2009
288 posts
9 upvotes
T.DOT
hi, i checked the coverage link for my area, seems its bad reception as of now. But personally for those who are in 10th Line/Brittania area, how is the reception indoors?

Also, reception in downtown buildings particularly Eatons Centre area?
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14709 posts
5756 upvotes
Gatineau
epiksales wrote: dam im definitley switching now.

would calling be easier or in person?

Neither. Try logging into MY ACCOUNT and choosing LIVE HELP :)

djino
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1194 posts
231 upvotes
R-D wrote: No, just shows you how much the big guys are ripping everyone off that we are conditioned to expect higher prices than this. The $40 plan still makes them a hefty profit I'm sure.
I hope that's the case. But if that were true, then it would make good business sense to keep the $40 plan as their permanent 'baseline' plan to draw away every single Rogers, Bell, and Telus customers away! Worked on me.
chinese_n wrote: does anyone know if i can get the bogo and miracle plan now and port my number later. will i be able to still keep the deal?
I wanted to do this too, but the in-store CSR told me that there will be no guarantees that you will be able to keep the existing plan if you port over your number later. Sucks.
Dec 26, 2008
69 posts
15 upvotes
ToChicka wrote: hi, i checked the coverage link for my area, seems its bad reception as of now. But personally for those who are in 10th Line/Brittania area, how is the reception indoors?

Also, reception in downtown buildings particularly Eatons Centre area?

I have 5-bars in my house near Winston Churchill & Britannia, although you are closer to "the hole" than I am. Apparently there is a tower right down the street from me.

http://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/canc ... s=o&pid=33

Check out www.coveragemapper.com for real-world coverage.
Apr 27, 2007
238 posts
20 upvotes
Will there be anything better then this in the new year?? Ever?? LOL
Dec 23, 2007
570 posts
24 upvotes
Hamilton
Anyone know if the Bolds are still in stock anywhere in the GTA?
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2005
1073 posts
36 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone in Vancouver experiencing problems with half duplexing on wind? There's people over at howard forums who are saying it's a major problem.
Aug 21, 2009
737 posts
73 upvotes
GTA
Down the road if you upgrade the phone that you got wind tabbed, do you have to pay the remaining tab at the time of upgrade or does that tab keep getting reduced monthly even if you replace it with a new phone?
Apr 30, 2006
140 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone wants to bogo with either the pearl or huawei feel free to msg me.
Dec 18, 2007
162 posts
4 upvotes
I was in Alliston On. today and my wind phone said no service, is that mean I can't use Wind outside of Wind zone? Anyone ???
Feb 13, 2005
311 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
Majik wrote: Down the road if you upgrade the phone that you got wind tabbed, do you have to pay the remaining tab at the time of upgrade or does that tab keep getting reduced monthly even if you replace it with a new phone?

The tab will continue to get reduced as long as youre a customer. You can get a windtab on a blackberry today and sell it to someone and use another phone instead and still continue to pay it off with each bill.
:mad: PRIVATIZE THE LCBO! PRIVATIZE ONTARIO WEED! SAY NO TO NANNY STATISM! :mad:
Aug 21, 2009
737 posts
73 upvotes
GTA
taehoya wrote: The tab will continue to get reduced as long as youre a customer. You can get a windtab on a blackberry today and sell it to someone and use another phone instead and still continue to pay it off with each bill.

I see. Thanks for the quick reply.