Expired Hot Deals

[Cheer] HOT HOT HOT! LIFE PLANS : Festive Cheer , and Holiday Miracle Plan! JAN 16th last day

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2011 7:50 am
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1075 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
Wow, I go away for the weekend and the Bolds are all sold out. . . that is crazy. . . I want to check the reception at my place still to make sure it's good. It probably will be and then I'd like to do the BB BOGO deal and take the Bold. If I can find one, does anyone want the Pearl?
Dec 9, 2007
565 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
Is it possible to ship the Nexus S to one of those locations at the border that holds it for you until you come pick it up? What are some of the places that do this for you?
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2008
1565 posts
445 upvotes
junkmonk wrote: Is it possible to ship the Nexus S to one of those locations at the border that holds it for you until you come pick it up? What are some of the places that do this for you?
www.cbiusa.com
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3227 posts
953 upvotes
Toronto
TigerLilly wrote: Wow, I go away for the weekend and the Bolds are all sold out. . . that is crazy. . . I want to check the reception at my place still to make sure it's good. It probably will be and then I'd like to do the BB BOGO deal and take the Bold. If I can find one, does anyone want the Pearl?
There are literally none but GL.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2004
1792 posts
1453 upvotes
Calgary
mapleleafs89 wrote: There are literally none but GL.

Posted this in the other thread, but you will definitely need good luck since there's a total of 48 Bolds in Canada, with at least 6 of them defective or stolen, and many others that may have the same fate.

For Calgary, Market Mall has a store use one with 5 hours on it that they can sell, Marlborough is showing 5 but says they are all stolen, Kensington is showing one but won't answer their phone, and Chinook is showing 1 but they say they don't have it.

So if you are looking to pick one up, I would try to pick one up ASAP as they were cleared for the 9780 coming out in January. There's a store showing 10 of these somewhere in Canada, but I forgot the name. Not really any in the GTA, some stores in Edmonton and Vancouver are showing more than 1.
Sep 28, 2006
298 posts
232 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone getting a white screen of death? I got it 5 times in 2 days. Should I take it back to Wind?
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
1341 posts
91 upvotes
Brampton
This deal picked up some major steam. Glad I got in right away.

Just to note, you may not get a BOGO, but don't let that deter you, this deal without the BOGO is still HOT. You can pick one up for sale listed on an ad for 300. Take the TAb on another phone. Maybe a free one and that way you still get two phones and its kind of like a BOGO.

Happy Hunting.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1195 posts
237 upvotes
problemchild786 wrote: Anyone getting a white screen of death? I got it 5 times in 2 days. Should I take it back to Wind?
Need deets. BB?
Jan 31, 2007
71 posts
6 upvotes
Whitby
flimbs wrote: I was at the Wind store in Promenade Mall yesterday, and the CSR told me that all Wind cell's support tethering. That's important to me too. I was surprised though, that even the dinky little U1250 does. He told me that the build quality of the U1250 is not good though.
I was browsing the Wind website for info on tethering the Nokia 5230 as that is the phone I am considering (on sale for $98 ATM). The support page only shows instructions on how to tether the following 5 phones (questions 9-12):

http://www.windmobile.ca/support/faq/us ... nd-phones/

No mention of the Nokia. Does that mean it can't be done on the Nokia? Or they just haven't published the answer on how to do it? Does anyone have a Nokia with Wind that has tethered it?

EDIT: Nevermind, I searched the website and found a few Q&A's about the Nokia phones. They can be tethered using the Nokia Ovi Suite.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
2915 posts
7 upvotes
Scarborough
i live north of kenedy and steeles area and i heard wind is not that good for call clarity north of steeles, is it true?
i'm with fido and have no problem with call quality. however i'm thinking about switching to wind after seeing this plan.
HEATWARE & RFD feedback
I do not sell here to make money. I am simply selling stuff I no longer use. I am flexible with pricing as I want you to get good value for your money. If offering a lower than asking price please be reasonable with your offerings. Thanks.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3986 posts
939 upvotes
Markham
neptunestar wrote: i live north of kenedy and steeles area and i heard wind is not that good for call clarity north of steeles, is it true?
i'm with fido and have no problem with call quality. however i'm thinking about switching to wind after seeing this plan.

At Kennedy you're good until about 16th Ave. Then it could be hit or miss.
Aug 21, 2009
737 posts
73 upvotes
GTA
Okay, I have done some testing with both mobilicity and wind, here are the results:

Mobilicity Plan: $35 Unlimited
Wind Plan: $40 Unlimited with BB data

(Note: With the BB data on the wind plan I was able to get data on my non-bb phone)

Phone: Unlocked HTC Snap (previously locked to mobilicity)
Tether type: USB

Location of tests: Near Albion Mall

Testing was done within 20 minutes. First tested with wind for 10 mins then switched sims and tested mobilicity. Did 2 tests each.

WIND:
[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/1077666724.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/1077670181.png[/IMG]

MOBILICITY:
[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/1077677454.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/1077678075.png[/IMG]
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11404 posts
1412 upvotes
Hey guys hope one of you can help men with this situation.

I have 1 year on my fido contract. My sister has a contract free fido line. Can we switch our numbers so I can go contract free and my sis will keep the contract on her phone?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
9321 posts
12248 upvotes
GT-EH
problemchild786 wrote: Anyone getting a white screen of death? I got it 5 times in 2 days. Should I take it back to Wind?

You are not the only one... it's a problem with the software (not the BB).

Usually 3rd party apps and I find facebook causes crashes on mine.

Pull the battery and put it back in, restart it and it should be stable for a while.

Mine hasn't crashed for 3 days now...
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2010
1323 posts
327 upvotes
GiOBoY wrote: You are not the only one... it's a problem with the software (not the BB).

Usually 3rd party apps and I find facebook causes crashes on mine.

Pull the battery and put it back in, restart it and it should be stable for a while.

Mine hasn't crashed for 3 days now...

Upgrade to OS6.Haven't had a crash in 3 days yet.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1286 posts
284 upvotes
Not sure if Wind is swapping new SIM cards or there have been THAT many new subscribers. But for those looking to sign up with Wind @ the Aberdeen Centre in Richmond, they don't have any SIM cards (what a joke) until Wednesday.

I was lost in words when I was told they don't have any SIM cards...I had all the buying signal in the world, and at the end the guy's like "but there's one tiny problem...we don't have any SIM cards. We won't be getting any until Wednesday...". It's like a sushi restaurant running out of rice. I've never heard of such a thing.

Guess I'll have to try elsewhere in GVA later. Btw anyone that's using Wind got any idea how's reception in North Van + indoor reception? Mobi isn't really working out for me right now.
"Portfolios are like a bar of soap. The more you touch it the smaller it gets" - Preet Banerjee
Aug 21, 2009
737 posts
73 upvotes
GTA
ECBomb wrote: It's like a sushi restaurant running out of rice. I've never heard of such a thing.

Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
2359 posts
787 upvotes
ECBomb wrote: Not sure if Wind is swapping new SIM cards or there have been THAT many new subscribers. But for those looking to sign up with Wind @ the Aberdeen Centre in Richmond, they don't have any SIM cards (what a joke) until Wednesday.

I was lost in words when I was told they don't have any SIM cards...I had all the buying signal in the world, and at the end the guy's like "but there's one tiny problem...we don't have any SIM cards. We won't be getting any until Wednesday...". It's like a sushi restaurant running out of rice. I've never heard of such a thing.

Guess I'll have to try elsewhere in GVA later. Btw anyone that's using Wind got any idea how's reception in North Van + indoor reception? oMobi isn't really working out for me right now.
I don't fine it that shocking...if they sell a lot, they will run out. It's not like they can manufacture it at the location. However, taking 3 days to get SIM cards seems weird...it should not take more than one day to get it back in.
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2002
1351 posts
114 upvotes
Any locations in the GTA offering a free sim with activation?

Or should i just buy the cheapest phone?
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11404 posts
1412 upvotes
So if there are no more Bold's, what's the best phone + free phone combo to go for if planning to flip both phones for cash?