Expired Hot Deals

[Cheer] HOT HOT HOT! LIFE PLANS : Festive Cheer , and Holiday Miracle Plan! JAN 16th last day

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2011 7:50 am
Jan 26, 2010
916 posts
680 upvotes
Milton
Anyone who took advantage of the BOGO offer and wants to sell their BB Bold, PM me. Thanks,

PQB
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14701 posts
5750 upvotes
Gatineau
Longobongo wrote: Damn, would be all over this if it wasn't for my Fido contract which expires on Aug 2011.

Cancel. This $40 for life plan is worth the $160 ECF you'd pay. Don't you think?
Jan 23, 2008
161 posts
25 upvotes
djino wrote: Cancel. This $40 for life plan is worth the $160 ECF you'd pay. Don't you think?

if only my ECF is $160 id cancel in a heartbeat... my contract isnt up til 2013 and the ECF is $500(with ecf for data)
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10214 posts
651 upvotes
Mississauga
djino wrote: Cancel. This $40 for life plan is worth the $160 ECF you'd pay. Don't you think?

They will have this plan for a long time, you really think this is the only time you'll see this plan for $40? Highly doubt it.
Feb 17, 2009
607 posts
28 upvotes
Brockville
djino or anyone please advise - right now im with fido paying 45 dollars + taxes - unlimited calling + global txting+ canada txting + 1000 minutes LD

I have to travel for work at times - to guelph and other areas (but the company has given me a cell phone for days such as that) - so is it still worth me taking this plan or cause I travel not worth the hassle or changing phones all the time and I should just leave it.

Data is a big attraction to me - but I have lived this long without it so....
Dec 11, 2006
317 posts
64 upvotes
Raimiette wrote: I went in to the Wind Mobile store at Jackson Square in Hamilton today. I got the $40.00 plan okay but when I asked them to put the phone on WindTab the CSR couldn't do it as it wasn't on her system so she called up their head office who told her that the WindTab could not be used for this promotion. At the time I got the phone (around noon) the particulars weren't up on the Wind website so I just accepted it and paid the $140.00 for the Nokia 5230.

Now I come on here and see that I should have been able to use WindTab with the plan so I'm a bit miffed.

Do you think I would have a chance to get them to change it if I went in tomorrow and complained?
Just FYI on this if anyone cares. I was able to get the WindTab but I had to do a whole new activation (canceling my old one) and because of that I lost my ported number. It's fine with me though, money saved is money saved.

:)
my mood today: :|
Nov 10, 2007
65 posts
14 upvotes
Is there anything that can be done to get a data plan when outside of WIND zones? I'm frequently outside of the big cities and Rogers has data everywhere you get coverage.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
9259 posts
12178 upvotes
GT-EH
Strange, on my receipt they put on Always Shout + Infinite $40 with a charge of $0.00 but when I log into my account on windmobile.ca it shows the Holiday Miracle Plan.

I guess we are going by what it says on the website and not on the receipts right?
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14701 posts
5750 upvotes
Gatineau
Tijuana wrote: They will have this plan for a long time, you really think this is the only time you'll see this plan for $40? Highly doubt it.

It will most likely come back..but at what price?

Have you ever seen the $15 All in the family plan come back? Nope, its been $20 and $25.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14701 posts
5750 upvotes
Gatineau
rnakra wrote: djino or anyone please advise - right now im with fido paying 45 dollars + taxes - unlimited calling + global txting+ canada txting + 1000 minutes LD

I have to travel for work at times - to guelph and other areas (but the company has given me a cell phone for days such as that) - so is it still worth me taking this plan or cause I travel not worth the hassle or changing phones all the time and I should just leave it.

Data is a big attraction to me - but I have lived this long without it so....

If your company provides you a phone for when you are traveling (ie, outside WIND ZONES) then I say grab this plan. You'll have the best of both worlds.

djino
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14701 posts
5750 upvotes
Gatineau
Eejj wrote: Is there anything that can be done to get a data plan when outside of WIND zones? I'm frequently outside of the big cities and Rogers has data everywhere you get coverage.

Nope. You will continue to pay $4/MB for all data within North America when NOT connected to a WIND tower. (Or when connected to a WIND Tower without a data plan)

djino
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14701 posts
5750 upvotes
Gatineau
GiOBoY wrote: Strange, on my receipt they put on Always Shout + Infinite $40 with a charge of $0.00 but when I log into my account on windmobile.ca it shows the Holiday Miracle Plan.

I guess we are going by what it says on the website and not on the receipts right?

Thats fine, its the same thing. Actually before a few days ago, it was also saying Always Shout + Infinite within MY ACCOUNT, but have recently changed it to Holiday Miracle Plan.

djino
"Regardless, both the same plan"
Banned
Nov 17, 2003
76 posts
2 upvotes
100 pages!!!

I wonder what the strategy guys at the big 3 are doing right now.
Nov 10, 2007
65 posts
14 upvotes
djino wrote: Nope. You will continue to pay $4/MB for all data within North America when NOT connected to a WIND tower. (Or when connected to a WIND Tower without a data plan)

djino

Yeah that's pretty much the only thing holding me back right now. Bummer.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14701 posts
5750 upvotes
Gatineau
Eejj wrote: Yeah that's pretty much the only thing holding me back right now. Bummer.

Yeah, if you find that you'd frequent places outside of WIND Zones and there are no upcoming plans for WIND to expand in these areas in the foreseeable future, then now is not a good time to sign up with WIND, even for this $40 Plan.

djino