Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
HSBC

Hot - HSBC WE MC - 100k plus FYF

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2024 4:26 pm
Dec 4, 2014
59 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hi ,

I have a question regarding if these points will expire or not .
I got this card last Sep and have about 120K points . I don't want to pay for the upcoming annual fee so is there a way to downgrade to a free credit card and keep the points ?
Jun 8, 2011
132 posts
83 upvotes
I might need to possibly pay for a checked luggage on WestJet which will cost about $60-70 round trip. Any way I can use HSBC points on this or since it's below the minimum points (25k?), I'm not allowed? TIA
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2019
1262 posts
1248 upvotes
Is TEC and travel points available to redeem only on transactions which are paid (i.e. after paying that particular credit card statement)? Or can it be redeemed on posted transactions itself.
Aug 20, 2015
319 posts
411 upvotes
AB
-
Last edited by Porfiry on Mar 2nd, 2022 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
🇺🇦
Oct 13, 2019
73 posts
79 upvotes
Im not able to access the rewards page anymore... Can anybody check if that page is still working? It was working last week when i redeemed my travel, but not anymore. I dont see that particular line where is says HSBS rewards program
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
9018 posts
2816 upvotes
Ottawa
i just canceled this card for p1 and p2 via live chat, initiated after logging in, all done in a mere 2 minutes!
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2011
1703 posts
814 upvotes
Mississauga
What's the consensus on withdrawing the positive balance from an ATM? I wouldn't expect them to charge interest since its not really a credit charge, but wondering if I should go with the safer option of getting a GC.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
9018 posts
2816 upvotes
Ottawa
hackoder wrote: What's the consensus on withdrawing the positive balance from an ATM? I wouldn't expect them to charge interest since its not really a credit charge, but wondering if I should go with the safer option of getting a GC.
I withdrew from their ATM, just a $2 service charge, no interest
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
6830 posts
1257 upvotes
jeeva86 wrote: I withdrew from their ATM, just a $2 service charge, no interest
Is there a maximum withdrawal limit?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Dragynfyre wrote: I told them I want to qualify for the waiver based on 100K in assets and 6500+ payroll. Then they switched something in the system to mark my account for that fee waiver but they never checked for proof of assets
is it 100k with hsbc or 100k at anybank like tangerine? was it in branch?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2019
1262 posts
1248 upvotes
I did a hotel booking on Priceline, and wanted to redeem points on it. However, the transaction wasnt showing up on hsbc rewards redemption page. Spoke to customer service, and they tell me that travel is only considered outside of your province. I pointed out that the hotel is in Montreal (and my province is Ontario). They asked me to send them an email of the receipt, and they will manually redeem my points for the transaction.

Has anyone faced such issues? Really strange of HSBC to track if your travel is outside the province or not. Also, was it mentioned in their redemption terms?
Aug 21, 2019
280 posts
81 upvotes
darkhorz1 wrote: I did a hotel booking on Priceline, and wanted to redeem points on it. However, the transaction wasnt showing up on hsbc rewards redemption page. Spoke to customer service, and they tell me that travel is only considered outside of your province. I pointed out that the hotel is in Montreal (and my province is Ontario). They asked me to send them an email of the receipt, and they will manually redeem my points for the transaction.

Has anyone faced such issues? Really strange of HSBC to track if your travel is outside the province or not. Also, was it mentioned in their redemption terms?
When did you book? May take a few days for the transaction to be posted and show up on the rewards page.

Also have you paid for the booking? It can't be just a reservation and "pay later at hotel" kinda deal.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2019
1262 posts
1248 upvotes
Niccus wrote: When did you book? May take a few days for the transaction to be posted and show up on the rewards page.

Also have you paid for the booking? It can't be just a reservation and "pay later at hotel" kinda deal.
I booked on 20th July, and stayed at the hotel from 24 to 27 July. It was charged and posted in my statement on 9th August. It was a non refundable upfront payment on Priceline.

I asked customer service if I redeem my TEC on it too, and they said TEC is only for stuff like airline extra baggage or seat upgrade.
Aug 21, 2019
280 posts
81 upvotes
darkhorz1 wrote: I booked on 20th July, and stayed at the hotel from 24 to 27 July. It was charged and posted in my statement on 9th August. It was a non refundable upfront payment on Priceline.

I asked customer service if I redeem my TEC on it too, and they said TEC is only for stuff like airline extra baggage or seat upgrade.
Hmmm this seems strange...I see people here generally have no issue using Expedia.ca bookings for redeeming both the Rewards points and TEC. Maybe it's Priceline that HSBS has trouble recognizing as a travel service provider.

I hope others who have booked on Priceline can provide inputs.

For getting the TEC, try the refundable hotel booking trick that has been discussed in the thread. No point auguring with Customer Service.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
4586 posts
1251 upvotes
Toronto, ON
When you pull the remaining cash from the ATM because they charge $2 , do you guys just take out the remainder - $2? E.g if I have $400 I can takeout do you only take $398?

Or do you have a negative balance of -$2 and then transfer money ?

Wondering if I should just go the Amazon.ca GC route lol. Seems easier
Apr 15, 2019
193 posts
266 upvotes
My mother has about 175k points on her card, she asked me whats the best way to redeem these points? Hotel trick or gift cards? Can anyone share some personal tricks
Jul 20, 2020
6 posts
12 upvotes
Just to share my experience redeeming the reward points.

Booked two hotel stays on Expedia. Transactions posted on the reward page the next business day. Redeemed TEC on one hotel and 145k points on another hotel.

TEC credit posted to my account the next business day. Rewards credit took about 4 business days.

Enjoy!
8DE82FD1-D681-4C7C-97A9-2937E9CC501F.jpeg
Sep 19, 2007
83 posts
16 upvotes
Sorry tried to read previous posts about this. If someone can please confirm it for me. I have one hotel booking through Expedia.ca, it it showing as redeemable for travel points and TEC. Just want to make sure that I can redeem both for one booking? What happens if my booking is $650, and I redeem $625 worth of travel points...will it reflect on the amount of TEC I can redeem..meaning I can only redeem the remaining $25 or I can still redeem the full $100 and have negative credit? TIA
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2019
1262 posts
1248 upvotes
I made a Montreal hotel booking on expedia.ca. The transaction has posted on my credit card. However, its not showing on TEC redemption page, or on travel redemption. What location are you guys booking hotel in?