Expired Hot Deals

[IBM] HOT: IBM Certified Macbook Pro Mid 2014 i5, 8GB, 128GB, Extended Warranty $950

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 6th, 2016 2:27 pm
Tags:
Oct 11, 2004
845 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
with a 128gb SSD its likely a retina and the cdrom thing is a typo
Banned
Feb 6, 2016
128 posts
465 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Has anyone called IBM to confirm the specs?
Mar 11, 2013
104 posts
68 upvotes
amiratish wrote:
Apr 21st, 2016 7:36 am
Retina's don't come with dvd, this device comes with dvd
Neither they come with Intel M processors :)
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2011
1573 posts
476 upvotes
GTA
eRogue wrote:
Apr 21st, 2016 11:14 am
Neither they come with Intel M processors :)
exactly
Mar 26, 2012
881 posts
514 upvotes
Based on the previous sale, any order off this website requires you to call in before it is shipped. They will ask for last 4 digits of CC, address, and you'll be asked for the person who referred you and their employee serial number.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
1612 posts
356 upvotes
Toronto
Luyuan20 wrote:
Apr 21st, 2016 3:10 pm
Based on the previous sale, any order off this website requires you to call in before it is shipped. They will ask for last 4 digits of CC, address, and you'll be asked for the person who referred you and their employee serial number.
Are you referring the additional $70 off using IBMEPP?
Without it, the deal is just warm.
Apr 1, 2008
66 posts
12 upvotes
Just IMO, but, I wouldnt buy this. these are employee macbooks that they are phasing out.. from my knowledge with the IBM employees I work with, they treat there laptops like crap, and using a refurbished version of their laptop at this premium price... not gonna be fun in the long run... IMO
Jan 13, 2005
821 posts
70 upvotes
Montreal
IBM selling Apple computers. What has the world come to ? haha
Aug 31, 2010
810 posts
154 upvotes
Victoria
amiratish wrote:
Apr 21st, 2016 3:26 pm
so basically it's been used
Yes, it 's been used for sure, the rubbers on the bottom were worn out already. I had no ideas why they called it "open box", as it had "slightly blemished" already. It has been used for two years, still "open box", lol
Mar 20, 2011
10 posts
2 upvotes
KAN wrote:
Apr 21st, 2016 10:45 pm
IBM selling Apple computers. What has the world come to ? haha
IBM and Apple have a partnership for over a year which explains them selling apple products:
https://www.apple.com/ca/pr/library/201 ... ility.html

That being said the Lenovo refurbished computers from this site are usually in great condition. I'd trust their condition over other refurb sites but that's just my opinion. Not sure about their Apple refurbs though but I would imagine they would treat the refurbs the same way.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
2441 posts
1052 upvotes
Victoria
Luyuan20 wrote:
Apr 21st, 2016 3:10 pm
This is correct. Received a call from Brazil on Friday, let it go to voicemail, turned out to be IBM. Received another call today from "Unknown", turned out to be IBM. Called them today and they asked for the name of the IBM employee who referred me. I was honest and said I didn't know anyone who worked for IBM and was given the discount code. She said she would check with her manager and get back to me.

As I was writing this post, she called back and said I was approved. Will receive a shipping confirmation via email.
Feb 25, 2014
431 posts
113 upvotes
Westeros
hrvatskaaah wrote:
Apr 20th, 2016 7:44 pm
I wonder why this is

IBM prefers the terms "notebook" or "portable computer" rather than "laptop." Users are reminded not leave your computer, AC adapter, or accessories in contact with your lap or any part of your body for an extended period when the products are functioning or when the battery is charging.

Is it due to heat or radiation zapping my man parts

Yes. Certain models come with built-in X-ray functionality.