• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2018 12:47 am
Tags:
Feb 20, 2002
933 posts
320 upvotes
Luyuan20 wrote:
Apr 4th, 2016 2:20 am
Technically the mid 2014 model rMBP 15 and the one still on shelves today is the same computer so theres a chance to get one thats 'sitting around unused' as well.
Technically, you're wrong, but I agree that the differences are few. The 2015 models have faster storage interface (PCIe 2.0 x4 instead of x2), longer battery life (99.5 W Hr = 9 hours vs. 95 W Hr = 8 hours), and the new Force Touch trackpad with haptic engine. The new trackpad is actually pretty sweet - it's the same one on the 12" MacBook. Otherwise, the 2015 and 2014 models have the same CPUs, integrated graphics, connectivity, etc.
Jan 14, 2009
201 posts
1458 upvotes
farago2r wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2016 7:57 pm
I ordered a 15" Macbook Pro. Also came in the blank white box (same as Apple refurb). The charge count was at 13 and it was somewhat beaten up. The charging port had some residue in it and the back was pretty scratched up. Photos of the condition are here. https://imgur.com/a/wvOuc That being said, for this price, its well worth it. Thanks OP for posting this deal. I've been looking to upgrade for awhile.
I also received my 15" Macbook Pro. Similarly, it has residue on the charge port and various tiny nicks on the body. Definitely nothing major and those would not be a reason to return it. However, it does have a chipped 'O' key on the keyboard and the key itself is difficult to push in. So, I will be requesting a swap out given, as Kamloops rightly mentioned, these were advertised as 'Open box'.

Battery cycle count was 25.
Feb 20, 2002
933 posts
320 upvotes
axIguy wrote:
Apr 4th, 2016 11:56 am
I also received my 15" Macbook Pro. Similarly, it has residue on the charge port and various tiny nicks on the body. Definitely nothing major and those would not be a reason to return it. However, it does have a chipped 'O' key on the keyboard and the key itself is difficult to push in. So, I will be requesting a swap out given, as Kamloops rightly mentioned, these were advertised as 'Open box'.

Battery cycle count was 25.
Hopefully you get a replacement. Good luck and let us know how IBM handles this.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
1916 posts
442 upvotes
Does anyone have a URL to see the stock/sales? OP's first post edited
Jan 14, 2009
201 posts
1458 upvotes
vader_slri wrote:
Apr 4th, 2016 12:33 pm
Hopefully you get a replacement. Good luck and let us know how IBM handles this.
I'll likely give them a call when I get home tonight. Their hours are crap though so may have to send them an email if I don't get home in time this evening.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2005
2126 posts
331 upvotes
Canada
Received my 12 inch today. Came in a White box with Charger. Was covered in protective plastic , screen has protection on it as well. Looks new to me, not a mark on it anywhere, not even a spec of dust. It did have 11 battery cycles which is nothing. Sure does not looked used in any way. Very happy all in for 1025.00 with 15 months warranty.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2003
2844 posts
25 upvotes
is the IBM extended warranty transferable? not sure i can get used to the size / keyboard of this 12" mac. sold my 13" pro, thinking i would replace with this, think i need to get a 13" retina.
Mar 21, 2016
105 posts
28 upvotes
Yvr
I just got my 12" macbook today. Couple of nicks at the corner, and several hairline scratches at the bottom. Also if I look at the keyboard under indoor lighting or sunlight, there is oil residual reflecting on the keyboard. Battery count @ 25 which is high compare to others. Thinking if I should give them a call or just keep it to avoid all the troubles since I got it at a decent price. What do you guys think?
May 19, 2003
322 posts
65 upvotes
Spurs10 wrote:
Apr 5th, 2016 1:20 am
I just got my 12" macbook today. Couple of nicks at the corner, and several hairline scratches at the bottom. Also if I look at the keyboard under indoor lighting or sunlight, there is oil residual reflecting on the keyboard. Battery count @ 25 which is high compare to others. Thinking if I should give them a call or just keep it to avoid all the troubles since I got it at a decent price. What do you guys think?
I think you should toughen up.
Mar 26, 2012
881 posts
514 upvotes
Darn I think I may have gotten the worst MacBook Pro of all you guys. N key falling off, and a chunk taken out of the part near the charge port. No scratches anywhere else though ironically. 47 battery cycles as well. Anyone know what number to call for an exchange?

http://m.imgur.com/nHkaMkU,lE8CSc0,HWv8hxX
Aug 22, 2003
102 posts
6 upvotes
My pro came today, one minor scratch on the bottom and a battery cycle count of 41, the rest looks good, I'm not complaining.
May 19, 2003
322 posts
65 upvotes
Luyuan20 wrote:
Apr 5th, 2016 4:50 pm
Darn I think I may have gotten the worst MacBook Pro of all you guys. N key falling off, and a chunk taken out of the part near the charge port. No scratches anywhere else though ironically. 47 battery cycles as well. Anyone know what number to call for an exchange?

http://m.imgur.com/nHkaMkU,lE8CSc0,HWv8hxX
I'll take it off of your hands. PM me.
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2004
1398 posts
131 upvotes
I received my macbook a few days ago. 8 battery cycles but no other damage or scratches. I would caution people from returning them, if you follow this thread it seems the people who were first to order got the flawless ones with least amount of use, as the orders kept being delivered the reviews show the cycles and "wear" have gone up as well
Apr 14, 2010
158 posts
58 upvotes
Surrey
I am in Vancouver area and ordered two 12" Macbooks by mistake. Didn't use the code first time and IBM wasn't able to cancel the order. They then told to me to send it back but I'd rather give it to someone here. Shoot me a PM for more questions.

The one i opened looks brand new, had 4 cycles and no mark or scratches.