Expired Hot Deals

Walmart

Ice Skates $10 at Walmart

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 6th, 2010 7:13 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 9, 2009
69 posts
9 upvotes

[Walmart] Ice Skates $10 at Walmart

Walmart at Stouffville have ice skates on clearance for $20. However, they don't have the price adjusted at the cash machine. You can therefore get an extra $10 off for scanning Errors. They respected this the first time. However, the second time they said something about "This applies to non ticketed items only"?!! and they did not give me the $10 off.

It's a good deal regardless. They have men skates "CCM". Ladies "Ice". Boys "Toy Story". Girls "Disney Hannah Montana".
31 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
2457 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto
thanks op...will try the WM in my area.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2008
1401 posts
132 upvotes
Square One, Mississa…
Al400 wrote: Walmart at Stouffville have ice skates on clearance for $20. However, they don't have the price adjusted at the cash machine. You can therefore get an extra $10 off for scanning Errors. They respected this the first time. However, the second time they said something about "This applies to non ticketed items only"?!! and they did not give me the $10 off.

It's a good deal regardless. They have men skates "CCM". Ladies "Ice". Boys "Toy Story". Girls "Disney Hannah Montana".
Correct. SCOP only applies if the shoes had a shelf price, not a price tag attached to them.
.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 30, 2006
13613 posts
2800 upvotes
Vancouver
Al400 wrote: Walmart at Stouffville have ice skates on clearance for $20. However, they don't have the price adjusted at the cash machine. You can therefore get an extra $10 off for scanning Errors. They respected this the first time. However, the second time they said something about "This applies to non ticketed items only"?!! and they did not give me the $10 off.

It's a good deal regardless. They have men skates "CCM". Ladies "Ice". Boys "Toy Story". Girls "Disney Hannah Montana".
Ice skates? $10 ? your kidding? You can't possibly buy skates for that price lol unless their is no blade? no boot? Thats crazy.
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 9, 2009
69 posts
9 upvotes
sahilz wrote: Correct. SCOP only applies if the shoes had a shelf price, not a price tag attached to them.
Not sure what you mean??

The shoes had a big sign over them that say "Clearance $20". It did not have a sticker with the reduced price. It had the regular sticker that scans as $48. They acknowledged that it is on clearance for $20 and gave it to me for that price. They just did not give me that additional $10 for the scan error.

Do you think they are right?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2008
8082 posts
347 upvotes
Al400 wrote: Not sure what you mean??

The shoes had a big sign over them that say "Clearance $20". It did not have a sticker with the reduced price. It had the regular sticker that scans as $48. They acknowledged that it is on clearance for $20 and gave it to me for that price. They just did not give me that additional $10 for the scan error.

Do you think they are right?
sounds like you get them for $10
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 23, 2005
13432 posts
297 upvotes
Midland
Don't expect much from $10 or $20 skates. I used to have cheap skates years ago and there was very little ankle support.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 13, 2010
5118 posts
954 upvotes
Toronto
My local Walmart does not sell skates :cry:
Banned
Dec 12, 2005
9328 posts
804 upvotes
gordholio wrote: Don't expect much from $10 or $20 skates. I used to have cheap skates years ago and there was very little ankle support.
Yeah, keep away from these cheapo Walmart skates, as I bought a pair for my kid to use at school skate days (not sending in the expensive ones) and they literally had cardboard inserted as ankle support.

Just unbelievable, and according to a coach, this is common with discount store skates. Now I just let them use the expensive ones with a "you better bring these home" threat. :lol:
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
11263 posts
4633 upvotes
gordholio wrote: Don't expect much from $10 or $20 skates. I used to have cheap skates years ago and there was very little ankle support.
These are not $10 or $20 skates. They used to be around $50 the OP said.

If you are going to use them once while, say a couple of times a month I assume they will be fine.

OP changing the title to "Cheap Skates at Walmart" will get you a few chuckles since shoppers at Walmart are normally "Cheapskates" :cheesygri
Banned
Dec 12, 2005
9328 posts
804 upvotes
bobcat99 wrote: If you are going to use them once while, say a couple of times a month I assume they will be fine.
Don't assume anything, as I think the ones I bought my kids as a second pair were on sale as well, and had a $40-$50 original price - they were pure junk with cardboard reinforced ankle support - no joke. :lol:
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 13, 2010
5118 posts
954 upvotes
Toronto
anybody know which walmart in the gta sells skates?
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 9, 2009
69 posts
9 upvotes
I'm no expert in "Ice Skates" ;) But they seem fine for occutional use. I got one which is CCM priced as $68 for $10. If I sell it used, I can get my $10!!
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2006
1133 posts
1446 upvotes
gordholio wrote: Don't expect much from $10 or $20 skates. I used to have cheap skates years ago and there was very little ankle support.
+1

I bought a pair for my daughter and it only lasted 3 months. The leather at the ankle was softened and can provide little support to the ankle. Then, I paid a bit more for a pair of Jackson two months ago and now it's still looked very good.
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1730 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
bobcat99 wrote: These are not $10 or $20 skates. They used to be around $50 the OP said.

If you are going to use them once while, say a couple of times a month I assume they will be fine.

OP changing the title to "Cheap Skates at Walmart" will get you a few chuckles since shoppers at Walmart are normally "Cheapskates" :cheesygri
Nice one! :)

The "$10" is wrong anyway. OP may have managed it, but most will get the correct $20 price. SCOP shouldn't apply.
Sr. Member
Feb 8, 2007
819 posts
59 upvotes
Tornado F2 wrote: Nice one! :)

The "$10" is wrong anyway. OP may have managed it, but most will get the correct $20 price. SCOP shouldn't apply.
Why wouldn't the SPOC apply? The OP said there was a big clearance sign over the items stating $20. The items scanned @ $48. The items are not individually tagged with the $20 price.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2008
1401 posts
132 upvotes
Square One, Mississa…
If there was sign or a board saying $20, not a price tag, then yeah SCOP definitely applies.

OP you should get $10 back on your second purchase, go back, and tell customer service.

[QUOTE]SCOPE
The Code applies to all scanned Universal Product Code (UPC), bar coded, and/or Price Look Up (PLU) merchandise sold in stores, with the exception of goods not easily accessible to the public (e.g. prescription drugs and behind-the-counter cosmetics), and individually price-ticketed items.

http://www.retailcouncil.org/advocacy/c ... 02_eng.asp[/QUOTE]
.
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 9, 2009
69 posts
9 upvotes
sahilz wrote: If there was sign or a board saying $20, not a price tag, then yeah SCOP definitely applies.

OP you should get $10 back on your second purchase, go back, and tell customer service.
Thanks for the response. I'll probably do that. This particular Walmart location is bad with scanning code updates.

Top