Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Office Depot

*HOT* Maxtor 160GB hard drive PM!! $89.99 for internal, $209.99 for external

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2004 5:44 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2003
1050 posts
211 upvotes
gvrd
Ok, i just sent in my PM thru webpage

is this deal still on?

i checked both websites, item is still 179.95 and 119.99 and both are in stock.

i just listed the item #s, product name, prices, and links to the items

did i miss anything

edit: are there any coupons to be applied? ie: 20 off 150, etc.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23188 posts
2327 upvotes
Singapore
yea the item is back in stock now...just wondering if I can still pricematch the internal IDE hard drive with a link from bestbuy's website and get it for $89.99?
May 8, 2003
236 posts
Vancouver, BC
barqy wrote:Ok, i just sent in my PM thru webpage

is this deal still on?

i checked both websites, item is still 179.95 and 119.99 and both are in stock.

i just listed the item #s, product name, prices, and links to the items

did i miss anything

edit: are there any coupons to be applied? ie: 20 off 150, etc.
Yesterday during "some moment", the internal HD becomes in stock again online :eek: , and i'm so surprised coz I think OOStooples will make it "out of stock" till the deal ends in Best Buy. Anyway, I go ahead and ordered one and got the delievery confirmation. Then no surprise it became "out of stock" again after a while. Now is still out of stock in my area.

If your area still has stock, so sure the deal is still valid, as Best Buy is still selling the drive at a lower price, so you can submit the PM online.

You may want to state the "quantity" and phone no. of the store., but I don't see they won't PM you if you don't list these details. Anyway, usually they will limit you 1 for the quantity.

As for the coupon, soemone here posted a "20 off 150" code earlier, 83255, and it expires on Nov 30. But the coupon is for ink or toner cartridge, but if you are lucky your order may still go through.
May 8, 2003
236 posts
Vancouver, BC
After I ordered the drive online, I got the delivery email confirmation. So I replied the email back w/ my PM quote.

But I didn't get any email reply back from then on. Is this normal?

Should Staples inform me by email that they receive my PM quote and say will credit me back the money?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
6016 posts
3612 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered this yesterday, online, after a PM request. Got confirmation sent 16:31 EST. But they always include the line:
Pending approval of your order, the following item(s) will be delivered.

Although delivery was scheduled for today, I got the following message, sent this morning at 8:48:

Unfortunately the item was out of stock at the time of your order,
therefore we cannot honor your price match at this time. Your order was
cancelled due to no stock available.

This suggests a new rule: don't PM until after delivery!

(Trying to order today, the web site tells me OOS at the point I try to add it to my cart.)

I'd have expected them to know sooner than 8:48 that they were not going to sell me the drive given that they were intending to deliver it today.
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
7 upvotes
so is this deal still good?
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Feb 8, 2004
423 posts
Staples puzzles me.

A price match policy is obviously a filthy cheap way of getting free market intelligence on your competitors in the volitile computer parts market ie. your customers tell you whats up and get rewarded for it with a cheaper price. Cause the goods are probably marked up your price check Mystery Shopper is free...and that is a huge bargain in the retail trade.

It seems to me that once a company is on to cheaper prices elsewhere they probably would put the goods away nation-wide until they figure out how to respond. I think they probably have the right to do that particularly if they pre-paid for their goods and are being screwed by a supplier.

The way Staples are doing it makes them come off like real jerks. Too many of their employees do not willingly honour a Price Match Policy and they obvioulsy too often leave the goods on the shelves trying to overcharge the uninformed. Two strikes against them because they broadly make advertising claims to having the best prices which to my knowledge is simply not the case, at least not in computer hardware.

In Vancouver stay away from the West Broadway Store...they are very unwilling to honour Price Matches...Downtown and University of BC stores are better and very noticeably so.

I applaud "On the Verge" for out smarting liars...its the way I might do it...or else plan to go back after buying at full price and ask for a PM even though it is more work.

Unfortunately I think the contribution made here by Staples Employee Trix'ser has little merit. Basically it indicates that even employees have to use deception to move goods within their own company. I think the defense that some employees are nice guys who go to college is like saying the followers of Asama BinLaden are family men. Some of them probably are but followers of an asshole are regretably assholes.

I think Staples needs to wake up. Either be totally responsive to the competition with everyday lower prices or get out of the computer business.

The clear evidence of dishonouring PM's to some customers is dis-reputable.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)