Mod please remove thread
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
16082 posts
4580 upvotes
Markham
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Oct 27, 2012
155 posts
215 upvotes
WINNIPEG
Awesome; ordered; thanks. Been needing a new mouse for a while.

I hope this model doesn't have the same dreaded 'double click' issue the MX had.
May 21, 2007
864 posts
160 upvotes
Montreal
Bought one last year. Love it so far. I think I still prefer the previous model (apart from its double click issue that forced me to upgrade). I liked that I could drop a new AA in there and keep going, instead of having to plug it in to recharge. Long term, I also think battery performance will suffer (since I cant easily replace it). For now though, it last longer than the performance mx with a good eneloop.

I also think tracking on odd surfaces is not as good as the performance. Not by much, but I do notice it (it's still really really good though). I use the mouse from my couch, so it gets dragged onto the couch, coffee table, my pants leg, really anywhere I can get to when I need to use it. In a standard setup, this will not even be noticeable (or if you never owned the performance mx, I dont think you would notice either).
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
9423 posts
2168 upvotes
Toronto
tfranczyk wrote: Awesome; ordered; thanks. Been needing a new mouse for a while.

I hope this model doesn't have the same dreaded 'double click' issue the MX had.
Good chance it'll have it too at some point. The micro switches are cheap and gets worn out with usage.
Oct 27, 2012
155 posts
215 upvotes
WINNIPEG
chinesedevil wrote: Good chance it'll have it too at some point. The micro switches are cheap and gets worn out with usage.
Can you suggest a comparable mouse that will not have this issue?

I'm hoping that, since this is a refurbished item, the double-click issue was addressed. In other words, for some manufacturers, the refurbishing process is more stringent than standard quality control.
Aug 19, 2013
838 posts
720 upvotes
TORONTO
chinesedevil wrote: Good chance it'll have it too at some point. The micro switches are cheap and gets worn out with usage.
ugh this is annoying as hell. Every logitech mouse ive owned does this at some point. (2012+)

Meanwhile my Apple magic mouse has been heavily used since 2010 and still kicking just fine. And MM is not even a good mouse to begin with.