Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2011
1661 posts
5503 upvotes

HOT Oculus Rift $449 NO TAX

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Oculus
Includes: Oculus Rift headset, 2x Oculus sensors, 2x Touch controllers, all required connecting cables, and seven free VR apps (available after you set up Oculus Rift + Touch), including Lucky's Tale, Medium, Toybox, Quill, Dead and Buried, Dragon Front, and Robo Recall.

Better than the Microsoft deal
97 replies
Apr 24, 2014
252 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto, ON
It says though it could be charged at a later time if applicable, however I was reading this morning a lot of people from Ontario never got charged tax or shipping soooo..
Dec 22, 2015
190 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sephran wrote: It says though it could be charged at a later time if applicable, however I was reading this morning a lot of people from Ontario never got charged tax or shipping soooo..
Yeah no tax. Ordered it back when they dropped the price for the summer.
Sep 12, 2016
327 posts
138 upvotes
Ottawa
Its definitely no tax, ordered from them @ $549 in the summer.

Good deal at this price!
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8979 posts
2245 upvotes
HeroicDeath wrote: Yeah no tax. Ordered it back when they dropped the price for the summer.
This is what I've heard from everyone who has ordered it to Ontario.

This is sweet, I was close to pulling the triggering on getting it from Microsoft but this even hotter.

Also, noticed on MS product page that their package only includes 1 sensor, not sure if that's a mistake/typo on their part.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Apr 24, 2014
252 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto, ON
omgosh, thats 60$ in savings off the microsoft price, unfortunately I ordered it right away last night, I didn't want to miss out on an oculus deal. Microsoft support told me to refuse the order when it shows up, gonna try to call ups as soon as the tracking info comes.

Thanks all.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2011
1661 posts
5503 upvotes
Sephran wrote: omgosh, thats 60$ in savings off the microsoft price, unfortunately I ordered it right away last night, I didn't want to miss out on an oculus deal. Microsoft support told me to refuse the order when it shows up, gonna try to call ups as soon as the tracking info comes.

Thanks all.
When I realized the Oculus site was going to match the price I called UPS right away and requested a refusal. I hope it works out for you. Makes it so much easier than waiting for the driver to show up.
Apr 24, 2014
252 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto, ON
how do you do the refusal without a tracking number? just give them your info?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2011
1661 posts
5503 upvotes
Sephran wrote: how do you do the refusal without a tracking number? just give them your info?
Microsoft gave me my ghost tracking number and I gave that to ups. That's the tracking number assigned to your order but hasn't been activated yet. Ups put a note on it to send back to seller. Idk if it's because I talked to an experienced agent
Mar 14, 2005
879 posts
77 upvotes
Ordered an OR earlier this year, had to sell it on eBay. Just couldn't deal with the motion sickness effect. Felt it for days after. The unit ended up in Russia, hope the buyer is enjoying it.
Nov 29, 2007
808 posts
300 upvotes
Quebec, QC
Danno2005 wrote: Ordered an OR earlier this year, had to sell it on eBay. Just couldn't deal with the motion sickness effect. Felt it for days after. The unit ended up in Russia, hope the buyer is enjoying it.
I must say I get motion sickness too with certain games. Like Robinson was the worst for me. But SuperHot VR was the best experience with no motion sickness. Im talking about PS VR but it's about the same.
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
11933 posts
2916 upvotes
Durham Region
(Sorry if repost)

Oculus is running a sale on the rift package

Price is $449, not sure if when it ends. In the past the price is what you pay, taxes shipping and duties were all included.

https://www.oculus.com/
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3564 posts
3123 upvotes
GTA
Damn. I was worried they were going to do this... must resist...
May 14, 2007
423 posts
163 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone with oculus can describe to me the experience compared to my gearvr ?
Probably much better but does it warrant the price for the upgrade?
Dec 19, 2006
486 posts
432 upvotes
Honger wrote: Anyone with oculus can describe to me the experience compared to my gearvr ?
Probably much better but does it warrant the price for the upgrade?
If you really enjoy using the Gear VR, the Oculus is far more immersive. Positional headtracking and 1:1 motion controls are key. Having an extension of your hands in virtual space feels substantially different than using a controller.

That said, it comes down to software. If there's software you've really wanted to give a whirl that you can't without Oculus, give it a go. If not, don't.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2003
1570 posts
169 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
I hear Vive is the better VR headset. Any comments from those intricately familiar with both?
Apr 24, 2014
252 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ChiGGz wrote: I hear Vive is the better VR headset. Any comments from those intricately familiar with both?
The latest reviews show them to be much more in line now, there was a bigger difference I think mainly due to the controllers.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2003
1570 posts
169 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
Sephran wrote: The latest reviews show them to be much more in line now, there was a bigger difference I think mainly due to the controllers.
I hear the room sensors are much better on the Vive. The Vive controllers worse than the Oculus.