Expired Hot Deals

[Future Shop] HOT: Pioneer SC-1227-K 7.2 Receiver ( Future Shop)

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2013 10:06 am
[OP]
Jr. Member
Dec 10, 2010
158 posts
137 upvotes
Mississauga

[Future Shop] HOT: Pioneer SC-1227-K 7.2 Receiver ( Future Shop)

Found a Denon 1713 receiver for $299 and was trying to talk them down in the price as it was their last one. They would do 10% but no more. The sales manager then offered me the Pioneer SC-1227-K model for $299 for an open box model. Regular price on this model is $599, a savings of 50%. They had 3 of them and were all in boxes with all the accessories. Mine was still wrapped in the shipping Styrofoam.

I purchased it from North Service Road/ Dorval location. They still have 3 more
14 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 10, 2004
3919 posts
1267 upvotes
Edmonton
Thats great, but I guess this deal is limited to a whole 3 people?
[OP]
Jr. Member
Dec 10, 2010
158 posts
137 upvotes
Mississauga
That's the nature of an open box...short supply
Sr. Member
Oct 19, 2009
637 posts
44 upvotes
That is a nice deal, it seems limited to that store. Open Box price is a huge YMMV. It depends on the store and that manager at the time.

It's a nice deal none the less.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 24, 2012
11536 posts
2535 upvotes
Montreal
Something must have been wrong with THAT open box unit.
Otherwise they would have been less flexible on the pricing for the pioneer unit than for the Denon. The denon 1713 was an easy 200$ sale for floor demo models across Ontario and Quebec, and it is easily explained by the fact that they won't sell anymore of them and they were literally the only units left.

The pioneer isn't in liquidation, it is still being sold online... so what was wrong with it? Maybe OP will discover once he gets home.

Sure, he can return it, but i think the manage was hoping that whatever is wrong with it, OP wouldn't notice, or care.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 6, 2003
14177 posts
5375 upvotes
Ottawa
OP. the title should reflect open box and one location. Very YMMV

I hate open box stuff because they can't tell you why it's open box. They always say "yeah, it was just on display and it wasn't even turned on". Yeah right. It's probably just a return after somebody used it for 29 days
Member
Nov 9, 2013
495 posts
125 upvotes
Man, would jump all over that in a second if it was more readily available.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 24, 2012
11536 posts
2535 upvotes
Montreal
warpdrive wrote: OP. the title should reflect open box and one location. Very YMMV
atheoncrutch wrote: Man, would jump all over that in a second if it was more readily available.
It's worth the trip to your local Futureshop.

A few weeks ago, someone made a thread about the AVR-1613 and AVR-1713 in a specific store in Ontario, which was a similar situation: Open box, liquidation, blahblahblah, very YMMV
Well, a lot of us who made the trip to our local FS got similar results. OP was a little bit late to that game, obviously. I bet the only reason there was a AVR-1713 left in the store was because the manager didn't want to discount it.
So, if you are interested (Looking at you atheoncrutch), then go check it out! Nothing to lose, everything to gain.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 27, 2006
5745 posts
1922 upvotes
Cornwall PE
Bot lots of drastically reduced open box stuff at fs, excellent luck with all of it. Missed a great deal on a 4tb iomega nas unit for $200 reduced 50%. Didn't think it a good deal as a 4tb hard drive was only $169 at the time and wasn't sure if larger drives could be used in it other than the ones it shipped with. Missed out on that deal, as it is able to take larger drives.
The Children all love the the new down vote button.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
[OP]
Jr. Member
Dec 10, 2010
158 posts
137 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm not too concerned about it not working. Comes with a one year factory warranty. One of the employees just purchased am open box unit was not too concerned buying an open box unit. He got the same price with an additional employee discount.

My receipt shows a discount from $599 and does not state anywhere is open box. The unit weight a ton
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 24, 2012
11536 posts
2535 upvotes
Montreal
partsguy100 wrote: I'm not too concerned about it not working. Comes with a one year factory warranty. One of the employees just purchased am open box unit was not too concerned buying an open box unit. He got the same price with an additional employee discount.

My receipt shows a discount from $599 and does not state anywhere is open box. The unit weight a ton
Well, I will check it out at my local Futureshop.
If I can get it as well for 299$, I will return the Denon AVR-1713 I bought 2 weeks ago.
Member
Nov 9, 2013
495 posts
125 upvotes
alkizmo wrote: It's worth the trip to your local Futureshop.

A few weeks ago, someone made a thread about the AVR-1613 and AVR-1713 in a specific store in Ontario, which was a similar situation: Open box, liquidation, blahblahblah, very YMMV
Well, a lot of us who made the trip to our local FS got similar results. OP was a little bit late to that game, obviously. I bet the only reason there was a AVR-1713 left in the store was because the manager didn't want to discount it.
So, if you are interested (Looking at you atheoncrutch), then go check it out! Nothing to lose, everything to gain.
Online stock says no SC-1227-K at my store unfortunately. I'm gonna swing by on Friday regardless to see what's up.
Newbie
Mar 22, 2012
21 posts
12 upvotes
Oakville
Thanks OP.
Got the last one in North Service Road/ Dorval Store.

It was a bit tricky.
At first the guy in store wanted to sell me @ $599 even after I telling him somebody else got the same one here @ $299.
Then after he checked with manager, price reduced to $399. And then $299 with another 5 years extended warranty cost.
Finally got it @ $299.99 without purchasing any extended warranty.

:P
Still $0.99 more expensive than OP's.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2007
2317 posts
920 upvotes
London
I clicked on deal link before reading open box... regardless ill be swinging by FS on my way tonight... 299 is a ridiculous price for this model

Top