Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[HOT] SickKids - Gifts matched up to $500!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2020 2:03 pm
[OP]
Oct 10, 2008
802 posts
600 upvotes
Toronto

[HOT] SickKids - Gifts matched up to $500!

Deal Link:
Expiry:
December 31, 2020
This is a hot deal, although not your traditional one. There are two donation/gift matching programs for SickKids right now. It's been a bad year with COVID-19 and layoffs so while you're trying to find deals this weekend, consider buying a matched gift as well. There are kids and parents out there that could really use the lift.

The first one is from Kraft Canada:

Up until December 31, 2020, Kraft will match gifts donated to SickKids. You can donate through that program here.

The second matching program is from Samsung Canada through a collaboration with Ryan Reynolds (of Deadpool fame):

Up until December 24, 2020, Samsung will match gifts donated to SickKids. You can donate through that program here.

Helpful links:

* FAQ about Donations
* Fiscal Accountability and Transparency

Don't forget you get a tax credit too! The federal is 15% up to $200, then 29% after that. Each province has their own rules and percentages.
Last edited by tr!xxy on Dec 19th, 2020 5:06 pm, edited 9 times in total.
69 replies
May 22, 2016
740 posts
983 upvotes
If you down vote this, you have no soul. I hope no one ever has a child needing care at sick kids, but whether or not you can relate, I hope you have empathy to act.

Thanks for this OP. I'd give it a thousand thumb ups if I could
Last edited by SS76SS on Nov 27th, 2020 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 22, 2016
740 posts
983 upvotes
Internetsurfer wrote: https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.thestar ... ndoff.html

You donate in hopes that it goes towards treatment of sick kids, but there are some sick bosses too who need a paycheque too:*<
Article from 2009, but not sure what you are suggesting as there are bad apples everywhere. This is a program where you are buying a specific gift which is doubled. While I wouldn't know if the funds are being used inappropriately, at least in my heart I've done my part and living my values.
[OP]
Oct 10, 2008
802 posts
600 upvotes
Toronto
Internetsurfer wrote: https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.thestar ... ndoff.html

You donate in hopes that it goes towards treatment of sick kids, but there are some sick bosses too who need a paycheque too:*<
Thanks for quoting an 11 year old story. I dare you to find a charity that is perfect.

While your linked story admittedly looks awful on their part, I'll choose to believe it was an anomaly and funds are managed appropriately now.
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
399 posts
510 upvotes
tr!xxy wrote: Thanks for quoting an 11 year old story. I dare you to find a charity that is perfect.

While your linked story admittedly looks awful on their part, I'll choose to believe it was an anomaly and funds are managed appropriately now.
Can you provide proof that funds are being used appropriately? I like facts, and by no means I’m discouraging individuals from donating, but people should be asking for transparency. I don’t want to see fancy commercials that cost thousands of dollars.
[OP]
Oct 10, 2008
802 posts
600 upvotes
Toronto
Internetsurfer wrote: Can you provide proof that funds are being used appropriately? I like facts, and by no means I’m discouraging individuals from donating, but people should be asking for transparency. I don’t want to see fancy commercials that cost thousands of dollars.
You can read about about their fiscal accountability and transparency here. If you want to donate, cool. If not, then that's fine too.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
2073 posts
2476 upvotes
Ottawa
tr!xxy wrote: This is a hot deal, although not your traditional one. Up until December 31, 2020, KRAFT will match gifts donated to SickKids. It's been a bad year with COVID-19 and layoffs so while you're trying to find deals this weekend, consider buying a matched gift as well. There are kids and parents out there that could really use the lift.

Helpful links:

* FAQ about Donations
* Fiscal Accountability and Transparency
What's their total amount limit? Usually businesses are happy to offer matching donations but up to a certain total amount. Hopefully, it's quite high.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2004
2917 posts
489 upvotes
Please give the money to your local womens or homeless shelter or community kitchen/food bank. Our healthcare system is to be cherished despite all of its privatization but your personal dollars will go much, much further with a local charity free from executives and profiteering corporations inserted as middle-managers.
May 22, 2016
740 posts
983 upvotes
Mlj223 wrote: Way to obviously go out of your way to justify not giving your money to those that deserve it. You suck dude
I think this message was for the other guy.....lol
May 22, 2016
740 posts
983 upvotes
killbillvol1 wrote: Please give the money to your local womens or homeless shelter or community kitchen/food bank. Our healthcare system is to be cherished despite all of its privatization but your personal dollars will go much, much further with a local charity free from executives and profiteering corporations inserted as middle-managers.
Any act of charity is a good thing, all good ideas including going local
Last edited by SS76SS on Nov 28th, 2020 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2007
1975 posts
2348 upvotes
killbillvol1 wrote: Please give the money to your local womens or homeless shelter or community kitchen/food bank. Our healthcare system is to be cherished despite all of its privatization but your personal dollars will go much, much further with a local charity free from executives and profiteering corporations inserted as middle-managers.
100% this

Nothing against ops charity but I think it is almost always better to donate locally.

at 72% of money donated to SickKids goes towards their mission statement. Which isn't bad at all, compared to other charities.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2020
1141 posts
3346 upvotes
SS76SS wrote: I think this message was for the other guy.....lol
So sorry lmao. Deleted. I am drunk. That guy sucks
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
1522 posts
3206 upvotes
Not Toronto
How come hospitals rely so much on donations? Shouldn't the government provide the funding that is needed for them to operate and to maintain/improve their facilities?
On vacation
Dec 19, 2016
339 posts
542 upvotes
Masernaut wrote: What's their total amount limit? Usually businesses are happy to offer matching donations but up to a certain total amount. Hopefully, it's quite high.
$100K, in the fine print
Jan 4, 2008
632 posts
550 upvotes
Toronto
Masernaut wrote: What's their total amount limit? Usually businesses are happy to offer matching donations but up to a certain total amount. Hopefully, it's quite high.
* Up until December 31, 2020, KRAFT Peanut Butter will match the gifts as indicated by the red tag until $100K of cumulated gifts are received; matching gifts designated to the Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Program.
Mar 11, 2018
144 posts
244 upvotes
Lethbridge, AB
Don't forget you get a tax Credit too! The federal is 15% up to $200, then 29% after that. Each province has their own rules and percentages.
Nov 30, 2005
467 posts
347 upvotes
North York
Hands down the best hospital for children.. ive worked for a non profit call centre before and all charity has overhead bad or good.. not here to debate but their service is top notch.. had my baby there for 6 months when he was born... after multiple surgeries etc.. hes today 5 years old thanks to Sick Kids.. been donating to them since..
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5889 posts
2135 upvotes
Space
They saved my 1 day old baby boy... i wish I could give more than I do. One of the best hospitals in the world. If you have a little extra this Christmas, consider donating to TSK. You really do make a difference.