[OP]
Banned
Mar 3, 2021
707 posts
359 upvotes

HOT: Simplii 2.75% until June-30-2022 for High Interest Savings A/C

2.75% until June-30-2022 for High Interest Savings A/C

Expiry:June 30, 2022Retailer:Simplii
Same old conditions - new money from Mar-01-2022 till Jun-30-2022 in High Interest Savings Account.

Login to see if you get the offer and accept!

Lucky to get this offer this morning via the app, and just moved $$$ from EQ over to take advantage.
48 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2014
1299 posts
1757 upvotes
First time I logged in on the mobile app a popup offer for sending foreign currency displayed, I clicked " No Thanks ". Tried the desktop site next and was offered 2.75% in a popup, clicked " Sign Up " which took me directly to the account summary screen without any indication that they confirmed my acceptance. This is a known glitch with Simplii so I gave them a call and awaiting a call-back. The good news is that I will most likely get a verbal and followup email confirmation as the offer is typically noted in a customer profile.

... Just got a call-back and the 2.75% offered was confirmed. I was asked if I would like a confirmation email to which I responded, yes. This if the first Simplii HISA promotional offer I received since June of 2020, otherwise they seemed to have been ignoring me in the interim.

Edit: Also received the confirmation email about 30 minutes after the call.
Oct 21, 2003
830 posts
352 upvotes
Toronto
Anybody know the maximum amount they allow for this offer?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
7137 posts
4570 upvotes
Dan325ci wrote: Anybody know the maximum amount they allow for this offer?
1M
[OP]
Banned
Mar 3, 2021
707 posts
359 upvotes
This was my experience as well. The call back was within 6 mins and all registration done over the phone. The acct popped up in my app as I was talking to agent, confirm email followed and I pulled my $$$ from EQ over.

I also have the fol with Simplii: Chequeing acct & LOC
flyjazz wrote: First time I logged in on the mobile app a popup offer for sending foreign currency displayed, I clicked " No Thanks ". Tried the desktop site next and was offered 2.75% in a popup, clicked " Sign Up " which took me directly to the account summary screen without any indication that they confirmed my acceptance. This is a known glitch with Simplii so I gave them a call and awaiting a call-back. The good news is that I will most likely get a verbal and followup email confirmation as the offer is typically noted in a customer profile.

... Just got a call-back and the 2.75% offered was confirmed. I was asked if I would like a confirmation email to which I responded, yes. This if the first Simplii HISA promotional offer I received since June of 2020, otherwise they seemed to have been ignoring me in the interim.

Edit: Also received the confirmation email about 30 minutes after the call.
Oct 7, 2013
655 posts
398 upvotes
Talked to a Simplii agent over the phone because I had problems logging in to both my account and my brides.

Turns out my wife's account had been CLOSED

Got both accounts back up and running and the CSR qualified us both both the 2.75 promotion

Transferring some $$$ early next week
Feb 7, 2019
319 posts
235 upvotes
I didn't get it. They haven't offered me anything for the last 2 years.
Jan 24, 2013
517 posts
509 upvotes
Rainy River
I didn't either. Hopefully it will happen 2.75% is better than what I have now.
Jan 15, 2022
28 posts
26 upvotes
I called them and inquired about the offer but was told I am ineligible since I am a new customer and that the offer is for select customers.

(I just opened my account last week and am on the 2.2% offer for new clients until the end of April)
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
2821 posts
1287 upvotes
Burnaby
sushi604 wrote: I didn't get it. They haven't offered me anything for the last 2 years.
I put $10 in my account at the beginning of Feb, I got the offer. Prior to that I had a $0 balance and didn't get any offers for quite some time.
May 29, 2019
250 posts
240 upvotes
My gf got the offer. Sucks that they only pay out the promotional interest at the end of the period. Worried about a couple extra bucks from compounding, CIBC?
Nov 13, 2015
83 posts
56 upvotes
Arva, ON
New money only I take it?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2015
1375 posts
615 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Kabigon wrote: I called them and inquired about the offer but was told I am ineligible since I am a new customer and that the offer is for select customers.

(I just opened my account last week and am on the 2.2% offer for new clients until the end of April)
How many days did it take for simplii to send you the email after you completed the application to open your simplii account?

I completed the application last weekend. I have only received the initial email from them that they will email again in 3 business days but today is the 4th or 5th business day after receiving that email from them and I haven't gotten anything else from them yet
Oct 17, 2014
324 posts
294 upvotes
Toronto, ON
For last promo Simplii automatically sent me a confirmation email next day so I just waiting for that instead of calling in to confirm.
Oct 15, 2006
234 posts
113 upvotes
Edmonton
I have a shared account with my husband while he is the 1st holder and it is empty. I had good amount in my personal account for the previous offer. My husband got the new offer. If I moved my money to the shared account, would it be considered new money?
I'm more than just a picture | I'm a daughter and a sister
Sometimes it's hard for me to show | That I'm more than just a rumor
Or a song on your computer | There's more to me than people know
Jan 15, 2022
28 posts
26 upvotes
RigorMortis wrote: How many days did it take for simplii to send you the email after you completed the application to open your simplii account?

I completed the application last weekend. I have only received the initial email from them that they will email again in 3 business days but today is the 4th or 5th business day after receiving that email from them and I haven't gotten anything else from them yet
I just checked my email history and I got the "Thank you for your application." email on Feb 16 and then the next email came on Feb 17 "<Name>, call us to activate your bank card". Then a week later, got 3 letters from them (welcome mail, then mail with bank card and then finally the PIN mail).
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2015
2946 posts
1604 upvotes
Mississauga
sushi604 wrote: I didn't get it. They haven't offered me anything for the last 2 years.
Same here! Chatted today with agent and was told that I'm not eligible :(
"All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others" George Orwell
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2015
1375 posts
615 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Kabigon wrote: I just checked my email history and I got the "Thank you for your application." email on Feb 16 and then the next email came on Feb 17 "<Name>, call us to activate your bank card". Then a week later, got 3 letters from them (welcome mail, then mail with bank card and then finally the PIN mail).
Thanks. I will have to give them a call. After nearly a week, haven't received anything from them other than the initial we got your application and will be in touch within 3 business days email
[OP]
Banned
Mar 3, 2021
707 posts
359 upvotes
Do you bank with Simplii religiously, or only when looking for offers?
gibor365365 wrote: Same here! Chatted today with agent and was told that I'm not eligible :(
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2015
2946 posts
1604 upvotes
Mississauga
sffpcgtx wrote: Do you bank with Simplii religiously, or only when looking for offers?
I bank with any bank, include Simplii, when they have good rates. I wouldn't keep there more than $1 when hey offer 0.1% interest rate on HISA!
"All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others" George Orwell