None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3478 posts
678 upvotes
Allenford

Hot Tub Covers (and Costco)

We have a hot tub cover that is waterlogged, not only that but since we got it it's been getting a nasty looking line around the edges (underneath, water side) that I've scrubbed and cleaned, however this year it looks like there is maybe mold too. So I want to get an new one (unless anyone knows how I can clean this thing some other way). It definitely did not hold up like the original did, which was water tight and sparkly in the underside lining until the end when it was cracked by a collapsed gazebo.

Obviosuly not going to use the same company this time, so thinking about trying Costco but the reviews are older - has anyone got a cover from the recently and how is it holding up? any tips for ordering for sizing etc?

Thanks!

p.s. the water and lines are perfect - the issues are strictly crappy cover quality related.
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
6952 posts
1033 upvotes
Toronto
JWL wrote: This is the company that does the Costco covers: http://hstsynthetics.com/index.php
A whole bunch of companies use these guys, the biggest difference amongst them all is the customer service. I used Hot Tub Covers Canada a couple years ago, they were great until I developed a problem with my cover, once the owner realized it was a warranty issue he stopped responding to emails...
I Declare - The official guide to your Customs exemptions and item restrictions when returning to Canada from abroad.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3478 posts
678 upvotes
Allenford
Crap - does Hot Tub Covers Canada use that same company as Costco then? they are who I got the last cover from and it is absolute crap so I'd rather use a different company if possible.

Wish my first one had never been cracked, that was an awesome cover.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
6952 posts
1033 upvotes
Toronto
snow00774 wrote: Crap - does Hot Tub Covers Canada use that same company as Costco then? they are who I got the last cover from and it is absolute crap so I'd rather use a different company if possible.

Wish my first one had never been cracked, that was an awesome cover.
Yep, they do, a whole bunch of companies in Ontario use HST Synthetics.
I Declare - The official guide to your Customs exemptions and item restrictions when returning to Canada from abroad.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3478 posts
678 upvotes
Allenford
Thanks CWB. I guess I don't have much of a choice then :(

Has anyone ordered their lid from Costco and had to escalate any issues with it - how were they?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)