Travel

hotel, hostel, or Airbnb?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2018 5:45 am
Tags:
None

Poll: Hotel, Hostel, or Airbnb? which do you prefer to use?

• Total votes: 38. You have voted on this poll.
Hotel

66%
Hostel

11%
Airbnb

24%
Dec 23, 2012
309 posts
589 upvotes
After my (second) AirBnb experience nearly a year ago and trying out tons of hotels at various levels (2 star inns to Hyatts) around the same time; I will take hotels anyday.

The host (near 5-star) wasn't even home to host... it was the her parents who could not speak much english (imagine catering to a non english-speaker). Moreover, the beds were uncomfortable beds that were likely taken off somebody's front lawn, no work desk and the TV/mini-fridge was not working (electrical problem she said). I wasn't even home except to rest and I felt that my day could have been much more enjoyable if I were well-rested.

Seriously don't know how this lady got a 5-star, never again! This host just saw an easy revenue stream.

All for ~$150 CAD/night! Compared to a decent 3-star in the area for a $50 more.

There is a lot more to a place to stay abroad than simply a bed. Waking up with a painful back or a not sleeping at all ruins your travel plans. I'll take the transactional superficiality of hotel employees over a non-existent host anyday.
ShakePay (free bitcoin) | WealthSimple Trade (commission-free trades)
Zoomer 4gb + 400min + ultd text $36/mo
Public Mobile $90/90 days 6GB + unltd pro talk + ultd text (Grandfathered)
*PENDING* Fido Winback $50/mo 15gb ultd talk/text

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)